One dead, two injured as truck’s brakes fail on Patong Hill

webfact

One dead, two injured as truck’s brakes fail on Patong Hill

Eakkapop Thongtub

1510559818_1-org.jpg

The driver of the truck said the brakes failed causing him to collide with a tuk-tuk and two motorbikes. Photo: Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation

PHUKET: One man died and two men were injured earlier today when a 10-wheeler truck’s brakes failed while descending Patong Hill.

The brake failure caused the truck to collide with a tuk-uk and two motorbikes resulting in the death and injuries.

Lt Col Jongserm Preecha of the Patong Police was notified of the accident 11:30am today (Nov 13) and he sent a patrol officers and Kusoldharm rescue workers to the scene where they found a Nakhon Pathom-registered 10-wheeler truck in the middle of the road with a Honda Scoopy motorbike stuck under the front.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/one-dead-two-injured-as-truck-brakes-fail-on-patong-hill-64676.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-13

I think they need to start installing emergency anchors in all

trucks and buses,in all my years driving I have never had my

brakes fail,when I was a young man,my father sent me out with

deliveries,I said the brakes are knackered,he said just use your

handbrake and gears to slow down,the job had to be done and

off I went,everything went OK,

regards Worgeordie

Ho hum, here we go again. Stand by for the usual rhetoric. Maybe we should just have a numbering system. Today it was a No 4.

The worst thing about Phuket News articles is that dribbler who constantly posts in poor english.

Edited by Psimbo

The picture actually says it all.

Everyone knows that without an effective, professional police presence, issuing moving citations, Thailand will remain number one for a long time.

Looking at the photo, there is a large Police presence and yet, there in the middle of the photo are two Thais on an overloaded scooter, neither of them wearing helmets.  This is at an actual fatal "accident" scene!

Brain dead!

Edited by saminoz

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

How many thousands have been killed on this hill and how many more before authorities do something

its not the hill its the driving skills (or lack of) that are the problem i think these drivers are also on piece work low gear is a must so you don't burn out the brakes 

Getting real tired of these brake failure trucks. Don't they know that you gear down. Don't they have brake inspections.  Don't the drivers have proper training. The answer to all these questions is a big fat NO!

3000 road deaths this year...how far can they go?!!

I'm not trying to be funny, but it's like a "deja vu" – I lost count of how many times I've read in the news about Patong Hill, death accidents, and brake failures – isn't there really anything that the local authorities can do to avoid these accidents from repeating..?

8 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Getting real tired of these brake failure trucks. Don't they know that you gear down. Don't they have brake inspections.  Don't the drivers have proper training. The answer to all these questions is a big fat NO!

3000 road deaths this year...how far can they go?!!

didn't you read the news correctly? This must be a big fat NO for you.

It's not 3000 road deaths this year, but 3000 more road deaths this year on top of the already 24.000  road deaths for 2017, compared to 2016 :smile:

Edited by crazygreg44