True or more CM Immigration rubbish ?

jonwilly

3 hours ago, biggles45 said:

This post, and several others, is a good reminder of why I got a retirement visa in the Philippines and now spend 6 months in each place, using tourist visas for Thailand. I have had my Resident Retirement Visa for 7 years, I have NEVER reported/visited Immigration in that time. I don't need an entry/exit permit, I just come and go with a smile and hello from IO on the counters.  This is how retirees should be treated !! 

The Philippines was my second choice.   The PI does have Retirement Visas available to foreigners but the money deposit requirement into PI banks was the one of the reasons I did not go to Cebu.  I have pasted part of the financial reqs below.  From what I have researched "Deposit" means a retiree cannot use the money.  

The other reason was the PRA(PI Retirement Authority) required my US Pension be direct deposited into an approved PI Based bank.  My Pension can only be deposit into US Based Banks.  I agree with biggles45 in that the PRA does appear to treat it's retirees better.  But I am content living in LOS on the O-A and so far I have been able to handle the 90 Day and TM-30 matters without any major issues.  

Age Qualification & Visa Deposits 35 Years Old & Above = US$20,000.00

35 to 49 Years Old  = US$50,000.00

50 years old and Above:

A. With Pension = US$10,000.00

B. Without Pension = US$20,000.00