tm30

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the immigration office you use. Some offices don't ask for one.

Hello again UJ.

I follow these TM30 posts with interest and following my visit to Chang Wattana last week, I can confirm that they do expect the TM30 to be completed.

With the OP raising the point that the landlady has never been submitting the TM30, it does raise the question on where the hammer will fall if all offices do, at some point in the future, start asking why individuals have never presented the TM30.

Ultimately, I see it as my responsibility to ensure the TM30 is presented in accordance with requirements, I personally would not leave it to chance and "hope" someone else is doing it.

This may be the case for the better established hotels, who have procedure In place, but, who else can you really rely on to do this if you reside In some private accommodation of some sort.

The nightmare scenario is if immigration  start retrospectively looking back at TM30 submissions and use them as a base for determination.

Is this likely ?

Food for thought...

27 minutes ago, wood said:

The nightmare scenario is if immigration  start retrospectively looking back at TM30 submissions and use them as a base for determination.

Is this likely ?

Food for thought...

I consider this only likely when the regular police is asking immigration for the address of a foreigner they are looking for.

I use the Korat immigration office and if the TM30 is not on file per their computer system, they will not allow me to complete my 90 day report until it is done. When they access my info on their system they are instantly aware if that form has been filed or not.

I know because it happened to me.

Edited by SpokaneAl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Tm 30 is totally not your problem

Tm 28 is what you need to provide.

They only fine you for tm 28.

TM28 is only if if you are on extension of stay and move to another province.

TM 30 is your problem if landlord don't pay taxes and you apply for one year extension of stay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wood said:

Hello again UJ.

I follow these TM30 posts with interest and following my visit to Chang Wattana last week, I can confirm that they do expect the TM30 to be completed.

With the OP raising the point that the landlady has never been submitting the TM30, it does raise the question on where the hammer will fall if all offices do, at some point in the future, start asking why individuals have never presented the TM30.

Ultimately, I see it as my responsibility to ensure the TM30 is presented in accordance with requirements, I personally would not leave it to chance and "hope" someone else is doing it.

This may be the case for the better established hotels, who have procedure In place, but, who else can you really rely on to do this if you reside In some private accommodation of some sort.

Is this likely ?

Food for thought...

Hotels and guest houses that are "registered" don't do TM30s.  They must do the reporting of guest arrivals, and can do it via computer.  I've never heard of a foreigner being fined by immigration because their hotel was not taking care of its reporting requirement (I HAVE heard of "crackdowns" on "unregistered" hotels & guesthouses not doing their reporting).  Privately rented condos are the issue and I HAVE heard of foreigners staying in them being fined by Jomtien immigration for not doing the TM30 when the owner has failed to do it (although I don't think the fine is exorbitant).  Owners often don't want to do the TM30s (and, along with their agents, will pretend they know nothing about them) because they're afraid that'll put them on the tax radar.   Who knows about the future, but unless something's changed very recently, Chang Wattana does 30d extensions on tourist visas without asking for the TM30.  Jomtien has been a different story for a long time now.

I sometimes wonder if when submitting an application for a 30d extension, and listing the hotel where you're staying, immigration actually goes and checks that out to see if you're "in the system" at that hotel.  Somehow I doubt it.

Hello again UJ.
Is this likely ?
Food for thought...

If this is true you are to be congratualated, especially in getting it established that it is the alien's responsibility to ensure that a third party reports on them. Hopefully it will only apply to people who are daft enough to ask. The same goes for retroactive action have you suggested that to Immigration yet or just brought it up here?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you LIVE or LONG STAY in ==>>any<<== country ( foreign or not ) it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that you follow the regulations / statues / laws / etc. necessary to stay in said country. As to the TM-30, read the English translation, and you will see that you are ALSO responsible to do the paperwork, if not filed by your 'landlord', as you are "in possession" of the property. 

Do the paperwork, pay the "usual / normal" 1900THB fine if necessary. Why take a chance of having a "black mark" on YOUR Immigration Record.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

I use the Korat immigration office and if the TM30 is not on file per their computer system, they will not allow me to complete my 90 day report until it is done. When they access my info on their system they are instantly aware if that form has been filed or not.

I know because it happened to me.

I just moved to Korat. My girlfriend is renting the house. The owner doesn't want to give me the copies I need to go to Immigration as she is afraid. I think to avoid paying taxes on the property she is renting.

is it okay if I do the TM 28 with my girlfriends contract for the house? As I have moved provinces. Or do they demand the TM 30? Thanks.

I must say I really like Korat, but we do live with countryside all around us which I enjoy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

The owner doesn't want to give me the copies I need to go to Immigration as she is afraid. I think to avoid paying taxes on the property she is renting.

Immigration does not do any reporting from a TM30 or anything else to the revenue department.

I am sure they will want a TM30 instead of a TM28. Your girlfriend can do the report if her name is on the rental agreement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not do any reporting from a TM30 or anything else to the revenue department.

I am sure they will want a TM30 instead of a TM28. Your girlfriend can do the report if her name is on the rental agreement.

Thanks Ubon.....always appreciate your input.

18 hours ago, wood said:

Hello again UJ.

Is this likely ?

Food for thought...

I too have been following the TM 30 posts and I'm still confused about what is required.

My landlord had not submitted any TM 30's for the "aliens" living in my complex so I asked him to do so.

He tried to do it online but couldn't do it on his tablet so we used my laptop to complete the on line TM 30 and successfully entered my details and I have a page that shows I'm on his TM 30 page.

On the paper version there is a tear off receipt to acknowledge that the TM 30 has been completed.

There is no option to print the information so took screenshots which I've printed

If the IO asks me for the TM 30 do I simply tell them that it was done online so they can find it in their system or do I show them the prints I've taken?

If someone could clarify that it would be appreciated.

Thankyou

As a landlord filling out these forms is tiresome. You need to be an MCSE to use the website and ironically, I as an MCSE among other things, still experience time consuming problems. The rewards however are profound when the form lodges. Similar I suspect to Einstein's eureka, Turing's enigma, or Crick's Helix.

I have been told that the federal website doesn't work very well, so to use the regional portals. (Immigration.go.th versus suratimmigration.go.th).

Today the encoding is corrupted, so the receipt prints with a lot of jibberish. It's from their end. So what do you do? Cut and paste I guess. It's how they work. Make it murky and uncertain so no one need take responsibility, and they are allowed to make it up as they go along.

I'm starting to question if it's all worthwhile... LOL.

1 hour ago, Tocher said:

If the IO asks me for the TM 30 do I simply tell them that it was done online so they can find it in their system or do I show them the prints I've taken?

I suggest you tell them it was done online but have the printout as a backup with you.

19 hours ago, wood said:

I read your topic about doing it. You presented them and the were accepted. That does not mean they were expected.

• Like 1

I'm confused...

Situation:

we rent a house from a friend but travel in and out of Thailand by air a few times during the next 5 or 6 months since the first arrival in LOS, end Oct 2017.

I have a Multiple Non-Immigrant -O- visa, valid for one year until Oct 2018 (each entry maximum 90 days) and wife until mid June 2018 (passport no longer valid after that) but we plan to leave around March/April 2018 and not "consume" the Visa any further in 2018 until maybe 2nd half of 2018 (with new visa for wife and myself)

It is required to show a T28 or even a T30 when we leave each time and later return back to Thailand?

Edited by LaoPo

On 22/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, EcigAmateur said:

Isn't the problem HER problem ? Why should we be responsible to declare anything when property is not ours ?

When you are renting a property you are, according to the definition in section 4 of the Immigration Act, the house-master, which means the chief possessor of the residence in your capacity as tenant.

Section 38 requires the house-master (you), the possessor (you) or the owner (the owner) to submit the TM.30

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

You can ignore this if either (i) living in Bangkok; or (ii) will not need any services from your local immigration office.

Good luck!

Thank you so much :wai:

We will NOT stay any longer than the allowed 90 days period per stay (I have a Multiple Non-Immigrant -O- visa, valid for one year until Oct 2018 - and my wife until mid June 2018)

We stay in Mae Hong Son province.

So, if I understand you correctly, we don't have to do anything since we will act within the immigration laws and do not require any services (extension) by an immigration office.

Edited by LaoPo

2 hours ago, LaoPo said:

Thank you so much :wai:

We will NOT stay any longer than the allowed 90 days period per stay (I have a Multiple Non-Immigrant -O- visa, valid for one year until Oct 2018 - and my wife until mid June 2018)

We stay in Mae Hong Son province.

So, if I understand you correctly, we don't have to do anything since we will act within the immigration laws and do not require any services (extension) by an immigration office.

Strictly speaking, a TM30 notification ought to be done. However, if you never go near the immigration office, no one is going to check it has been done. They are uninterested in this requirement at the airport or at border crossings. In the extremely unlikely event that the failure to submit a TM30 was ever discovered, the only penalty would be a modest fine (probably around 2,000 baht). Just ignore it.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I report to Ayutthaya Immigration and added them to Line ( they had a big board up advertising this ). They post lots of useful and updated information ( their words ) I.e. timings and clothing etiquette during the Royal cremation and visits prior.

Anyway today I got this.

IMG_3844.PNG

As I returned to Thailand last Tuesday and didn’t bother going to IO I think I will do a TM30 and visit tomorrow !!

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well i went to immigration with TM30 prepared !!
She waved me away telling me “ some immigrations are strict, but not here in Ayutthaya “.

That’ll do for me !

Hmm, makes me wonder whether the Line notice referred to in your previous post actually originated from Ayutthya Immigration (particularly bearing in mind that it does not include any specific mention of them) as distinct from some oik in Immigration Bureau HQ!