Sickening kindergarten violence - more child abuse hushed up by the authorities

webfact

1 hour ago, BORRISGOODENUF said:

This from a long previous post about a similar issue.

Too many inept teaching methods, inept teachers. Violent teachers. No psychology used, Total lack of forethought. Too many interruptions in classes. Lack of sensible syllabus. Lack of knowledge of teachers. Lack of interest by students mainly due to lack of interest by teachers. Teachers that do not understand sensible non violent disciplinary methods.  Yelling and screaming at students in class.  Lack of understanding students individual needs and requirements. teachers that only turn up to class to be a  paid a monthly wage. Authorities refusal to even suggest looking at successful teaching methods  from other countries

Agreed but one other issue is parents abrogating their responsibilties, as parents, to someone else. :coffee1:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I agree you need children to teach discipline, however in this movie, you see the teacher going again and again. That is masochism ! Abusing your authority and strength. You should know that as you lived it. Sadly this abusive behaviour comes up again later with the child and can make him even so an irresponsible person, as you dont tell me anything anymore and otherwise ill kick your ass.

Raising a child is difficult and you should start young to program and being consistent, which many parents lack.  

But abuse will remain in the memories for ever, you know that. And those make you go bad or wrong, same as never been disciplined. 

In this movie i dont call it discipline teaching, but pure physical abuse, masochism.

Not Masochism, she isn't hurting herself, she's hurting another which is Sadism, have a look in a dictionary.... 

way back in 1948 in Australia I and others used to cop a lot worse than that, then to top it off every Friday just before going home we had to line up to mother superior and take 6 of the best from her meter long 25mm wide lever strap we weren't spoilt, just could not sit still all day. But I will say it is hard to find a kid in Thai that is not spoilt.

This demonstrates the whole problem with the Thai education system. From a very early age, children are beaten into submission, mentally and physically. This in turn makes them hostile to authority. I know from experience of my own children, they can be very trying at times, they push the boundaries to see how far they can go and what they can get away with. A short tempered teacher or parent can do untold damage to a child, both physically and mentally. I feel sure most of us have been pushed close to the brink on more than one occasion. The problem with the Thai culture, is the repressive upbringing of children, so that when something goes wrong, they blow the fuse and all that repression is let loose, generally uncontrolled.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

As a youngster I was often smacked, hit with a leather belt and suffered restriction of privileges from my parents, at school I frequently got the cane and the slipper (pumps or plimsolls) to some of you. In the Army punishments were far harsher I can assure you, as a result I now have a very healthy respect for those in authority, if however I believe that they are in the wrong I will have no hesitation in telling them so, but politely :smile:   

As i youngster i was never hit and i also never joined the army. And also i have a healthy respect for those in authority and will also tell them politely when they are in the wrong.

Guess the only difference is that you think beating a child is okay and i think its not okay.

You being punished with voilence made you condone violence more. Now should there be more or lessviolence in society?

5 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

guess, since these children don't receive any education by their parents and never learn to obey,  they continue to act as they like in Kindergarten or school, not listening or obeying the teacher or the nanny.

Which leads to such violent outbursts by teachers who wish to make themselves heard. A form of expressing their helplessness by playing out physical strength

If the children would just obey . . like the boy who starts wandering around, if it was for the Nanny who told him three, four times "please sit down with the others" without him reacting . . . well WHAT would you do in her place? Freak out or keep your calm? 

a difficult situation . . . if parents pass their educational responsibilities to nannies and teachers, they must be willing to accept that this education is based on learning & obeying

Thai women ruin children especially boys, I have a young son and he controls women around him and is spoilt rotten by them.

He is a bit of a problem now as he does not want to do what he is told.

The schools are shocking I don't know how kids sit in those tiled hot rooms and get screamed at a lot, learn anything.

But roughing young toddlers up is not on.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I did say that I didn't in anyway condone the violence, and I don't disagree with what you say, but, I will reiterate again that the lack of discipline when a child is developing is what leads to irresponsible adults later in life, like the fool (on a so called big bike :giggle:) drunk and abusive to those in power, the police. He has probably never been chastised in his whole life and feels that he can do as he wishes.

As a youngster I was often smacked, hit with a leather belt and suffered restriction of privileges from my parents, at school I frequently got the cane and the slipper (pumps or plimsolls) to some of you. In the Army punishments were far harsher I can assure you, as a result I now have a very healthy respect for those in authority, if however I believe that they are in the wrong I will have no hesitation in telling them so, but politely :smile:   

As a teacher I have never had to strike a child, never considered doing so and have no discipline problems in my class.

I encourage discussion and I listen to the children in the same manner I expect them to listen to me.

I am in charge but the children know their views, opinions and thinking are respected.

They know there are rules, they are helped to understand why these are in place, they are allowed to question and comment upon them.

However, in the end they also accept that those in place for rational reasons are for everyone's benefit. 

There is no reason to use physical punishment to ensure discipline.

Edited by Bluespunk

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Violence begets violence..............drummed into them at this age, the future looks bleak!

Yep, the other kids paying little attention as to what is happening. Seems to be standard procedure for them.

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

It's hard to believe that anyone could defend such behaviour.

That was no "violent outburst", it was prolonged beating of helpless children, carried out by the people who should be protecting them.

It's about time that some very stiff penalties were handed out, to send a message to such people. A few weeks in prison for these two women would be a good start.

Or a good beating from the childrens parents.

57 minutes ago, johnarth said:

way back in 1948 in Australia I and others used to cop a lot worse than that, then to top it off every Friday just before going home we had to line up to mother superior and take 6 of the best from her meter long 25mm wide lever strap we weren't spoilt, just could not sit still all day. But I will say it is hard to find a kid in Thai that is not spoilt.

That is utterly disgusting back in 1948 and being a catholic school mine was from 1949 and it was a government school, but I can remember that my parents taught me what was right and what was wrong and it was my parents that taught me manners and respect. It was the schools job to teach me the three R's. One of the things that is missing here in Thailand is the parental teachings of right and wrong  plus manners and respect

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I am in no way condoning the actions of the woman but, and it is a very big but, in how many other stories of violence, blatant disregard for laws, rules & regulations committed by apparent adults do we hear the phrase posted by members of this forum that had they had discipline installed at an early age this sort of thing wouldn't happen ?

It's a two way street. 

No it's not.  These are supposedly teachers dealing with very young children.  If they teach them that violence is the way to keep control then that is what the children will believe is the way to behave.  The whole clip is sickening and the actions never can be excused.

What doesn't surprise me is thee number of people suggesting that the response to this violence should be more violence committed against the perpetrator! Violence is wrong no matter who it is inflicted on for whatever reason. How can you teach people not to respond violently by doing the same thing to them.

The sad thing is that for many (most?) of these kids violence will have started in the home by parents using violence to discipline their kids.  If as young child you experience parents who cannot control their temper you have little chance to learn how to control your own in later life  We do not suddenly acquire common sense at a certain age - it is learned from the moment we are born. The whole culture needs to change dramatically.  Saying that things are "the Thai way" must not be allowed to excuse what is wrong in the 21st century.  Human rights trump cultural rights every time.

Education and continue psychological program are paramount but those teachers have none...I experienced with my own kids...and once say some they getting even more severe on that child.A large numbers and i mean 60% of those Teachers are psychological instable themselves you really do not get thru to them....their ability to even scope with the basics of kindergarten knowledge of care is below 9% permanent.

My Mom had been an Gov.Director for Kindergartens when she visited here unknown 3 schools ..she only mention those caretakers would be jobless in less a second.

7 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

guess, since these children don't receive any education by their parents and never learn to obey,  they continue to act as they like in Kindergarten or school, not listening or obeying the teacher or the nanny.

Which leads to such violent outbursts by teachers who wish to make themselves heard. A form of expressing their helplessness by playing out physical strength

If the children would just obey . . like the boy who starts wandering around, if it was for the Nanny who told him three, four times "please sit down with the others" without him reacting . . . well WHAT would you do in her place? Freak out or keep your calm? 

a difficult situation . . . if parents pass their educational responsibilities to nannies and teachers, they must be willing to accept that this education is based on learning & obeying

What sort of idiot are you? These are three year old children. They are sitting there petrified. This assistant teacher if I dare use the title, should be named, shamed and charged with cruelty to children. I had to stop watching the video, it sickened me. The teacher was enjoying inflicting punishment. Why have the parents done nothing about it? Are they condoning it. It is shameful.

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

What sort of idiot are you? These are three year old children. They are sitting there petrified. This assistant teacher if I dare use the title, should be named, shamed and charged with cruelty to children. I had to stop watching the video, it sickened me. The teacher was enjoying inflicting punishment. Why have the parents done nothing about it? Are they condoning it. It is shameful.

Very hard to chastise god, unfortunately that's how teachers are viewed. 

7 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

a difficult situation . . . if parents pass their educational responsibilities to nannies and teachers, they must be willing to accept that this education is based on learning & obeying.

Blame the victim!

8 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

If you really think "all" these children didn't receive any education by their parents.  I doubt you received logic and rational in your thinking.     

Absolutely appalling !! I cannot even comprehend how such acts could be committed on those so young !!

Yes, violence does beget violence and the abused will grow up to be abusers, absolutely unbelievable.

That the authorities do nothing about this sort of behaviour is a crime in itself and they should be hanging their heads in utter shame.

29 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

They have. Read the article. The authorities told them to drop it.

3 hours ago, fullcave said:

I'd have kicked her head in if she touched my child like that. Teachers need to be very selective about who's children they beat.

So you are saying if your child was running around out of control the teacher should let that pass by else you would kick the teachers head in but if it was another kid it would be ok .   I think anyone who would kick a teachers head in as a last resort needs jail time .

Violence begats violence !

8 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

They have. Read the article. The authorities told them to drop it.

I read the article and despite being told to drop it by the authorities why didn't they go to the police or further. What about the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation which is there to protect women and children? Yes, I know, Thais are wary of and subservient to authority, but until they get over it, things will not change.