Germans see Trump as bigger problem than North Korea or Russia

webfact

18 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

"Since entering the White House in January, Trump has unsettled Germans by pulling out of the Paris climate accord, refusing to certify an international agreement on Iran's nuclear programme and criticising Germany's trade surplus and its contributions to the NATO military alliance."

Clearly, their misgivings are merely a fashion statement.

and don't forget making Jerusalem the capitol of Israel.

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

Trumpettes (and probably Trump himself as well) will cry 'FAKE NEWS', but they get their info from Faux News and Breitbart and such sources, so they don't know any better. Fact is that Germany is and will remain the powerhouse of the EU economy. Come on Brexiteers, what do you have to say about that?

And yet:

Topping the list of foreign policy concerns were refugees, with 26 percent of respondents worried about Germany's ability to cope with inflows of asylum seekers.

the percentages shown in this poll tell me that the germans don't feel any of the issues noted are a 'big deal'.  maybe i misread the OP.  what if it was worded to say 81% of germans had no issues with USA/trump, 83% no issues with turkey, 90% no issue with north korea, and 92% no issue with russia.  it seems like the article is trying to create a problem when there isn't one.

21 hours ago, observer90210 said:

It seems  very trendy and fashionable to bash Trump and the USA for any reason.......in fact,  if it snows tomorrow,  it will also be Trump's fault ?!!

The USA is bashed for our overwhelming strengths; Trump is bashed for his overwhelming weaknesses

17 hours ago, jcsmith said:

You get your news from somewhere. I live in Thailand as well, there are streams for all the popular news channels. The whole cleanse yourself and accept the will of the people argument is silly.

a) The majority of American's did not vote for Donald Trump (though he was legitimately elected, with an assist from Russia)

B) No matter who is in office they are subject to criticism. The reason Trump gets more than others is because he deserves it more than others. He makes ridiculous statements and ridiculous policies and attacks people more than any politician I can think of, often in a very childish way. 

By your logic everyone should just accept Trump saying or doing whatever he pleases because he is the president. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. 

I take it then that you will be having sideways fits when Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson becomes the next POTUS.

17 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Perhaps you also agree with Trump on the following:

>>>  women seeking abortions should be criminalized,

>>>  Russia should work with the US to counter computer/online crimes, and

>>>  Obama is a foreigner (for 5 years), then Obama was born in Hawaii (for 11 months), then back to Obama is a foreigner.

As for Germany.  I'd venture that months ago, at least since Trump told highly secure secrets to Russian agents (in the Oval Office, with only Russian press corps allowed inside), .....that Germany and other US-friendly countries decided not to share any sensitive intel with the US.  Trump can't be trusted on any level.   .....except maybe by Putin.

I will take that as a comment.

17 hours ago, Morch said:

From the OP:

The headline:

Quality reporting.

Are you confusing headline writing with actual reporting?  The article was accurate reporting, the headline was obviously slanted to attract ant-trump readers and avoid the immigration issues.

A more accurate comment might have been along the line of "misleading, though accurate, headline writing".

TH 

On 12/5/2017 at 3:34 PM, Jingthing said:

The Germans know from such white nationalist "populist" authoritarians. Listen to the Germans about that. 

Germans ARE white (caucasians) but no arab nor black!. Germans SHOULD BE nationalists since all other nationalities are nationalists too? So what? What's your problem?!?

4 minutes ago, German farang said:

Germans ARE white (caucasians) but no arab nor black!. Germans SHOULD BE nationalists since all other nationalities are nationalists too? So what? What's your problem?!?

Sounds a lot like the only real Germans are Aryans.  Where have I seen and heard that before? Can't quite put my finger on it now but I'm sure it will come to me.

4 minutes ago, German farang said:

What Merkel has done to Germany and, to EU partners by inviting in all of the middle east is a tragedy.

23 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

If you believe what the Islamophobes write in this forum, you'd believe that Germany is over halfway to being another Syria.

12 people dead and 48 with life changing injuries from the 2016 Berlin truck attack.  I take it you will be paying respect to those innocent people who lost everything in this cowardly attack on the 16th.

5 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

12 people dead and 48 with life changing injuries from the 2016 Berlin truck attack.  I take it you will be paying respect to those innocent people who lost everything in this cowardly attack on the 16th.

It took all 5 million muslims in Germany to kill those 12 people.  They are severely defective terrorists.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:34 PM, webfact said:

56 percent of Germans described the relationship with the United States as bad or very bad.

Versus "Voters say 56 - 40 percent that Trump is not fit to be president, tying his all-time low score."

December 5, 2017

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2504

Seems Germans see what Americans see.

5 hours ago, Ezdusit said:

As an American, I can say that I am amused by the Donald. I did not vote for him, but at no cost did I want to hear Hillary Clinton’s voice for the next four years. Not only is she annoying and unliked, but she’s the head of a criminal enterprise that brought her and her husband to power. You see, in this country it doesn’t really matter who is president. Politicians, Republican and Democrat, have more in common with each other than they do the American populace. That’s all for naught anyways, as the military industrial complex is pulling all their strings. The people really in charge finance both sides. Even a billionaire president is being manipulated, and scripted. I just hope the powers that be don’t see a place for a Trump family dynasty in this country, but for now, I’m enjoying it.

The latter part of your missive is ok.  But the first part is Hillary-bashing. At least she gracefully accepted the skewed results of the election, despite being savaged with barge-fulls of ugly lies.  If Trump had lost, he would be crying like a baby, and not-conceding defeat, and launching a slew of lawsuits.  For weeks prior to the election, he was shouting about how it would all be rigged, remember that?

HRC was and is admired and liked by a majority of Americans.  All but a few foreign heads of state (Erdogan, Putin, Duterte) would  have much preferred dealing with HRC than Dufus Trump.  Xi was also glad Trump won, because Trump only cares about amassing money, whereas HRC is concerned about human rights.

Edited by boomerangutang

On 05/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, observer90210 said:

It seems  very trendy and fashionable to bash Trump and the USA for any reason.......in fact,  if it snows tomorrow,  it will also be Trump's fault ?!!

I see little bashing of the USA , moreso sympathy in fact , Trump is a disaster .

• 1 month later...
The latter part of your missive is ok.  But the first part is Hillary-bashing. At least she gracefully accepted the skewed results of the election, despite being savaged with barge-fulls of ugly lies.  If Trump had lost, he would be crying like a baby, and not-conceding defeat, and launching a slew of lawsuits.  For weeks prior to the election, he was shouting about how it would all be rigged, remember that?

HRC was and is admired and liked by a majority of Americans.  All but a few foreign heads of state (Erdogan, Putin, Duterte) would  have much preferred dealing with HRC than Dufus Trump.  Xi was also glad Trump won, because Trump only cares about amassing money, whereas HRC is concerned about human rights.

If she cares so much, why doesn’t she dispense some of the 4 billion that she and Bill have amassed since his presidency? She stood behind a serial molester because it better suited her aspirations. Granted, nothing has been proven, but many people have woke up dead around the Clintons. If she was admired and liked by a majority of Americans, she would have won. A relatively unknown gentleman of African American descent with a Muslim name could beat the Republicans, but she couldn’t. To many people Trump was the lesser of two evils. I doubt that many that voted for him thought he had a chance. But, as he insisted throughout, the election was rigged

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app