Farangs selling Thai flags in Bangkok may be new breed of begpacker

webfact

We had an Ukrainian gang in Pattaya and Phuket who claimed they were deaf and tried to sell key chains a few years ago , they were deported I think. 

Maybe they are back . 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see  new series on tv called the kindness diaries'' one mans travels around the world on the kindness of others''..555.. ...no work no money no hope...hey lets travel the world on the kindness of others...555....

18 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

She might have considered forgoing a trip to Thailand and using the money saved to buy a hearing aid in her home country.

I seem to recall some Russians in Pattaya trolling Beach Rd flogging key chains and handing out cards claiming each was deaf ... and then enjoying a miraculous restoration of their hearing when corralled by the police.

In all countries, there are scam artists. Sadly, I am sure there are legitimate people down on their luck- especially Thais. These "grifters" disgust me. Go back to own country and try to grift there. Meanwhile, I will use my intelligence to see native Thais who are hurting- and not these scum bag tourists who are the bottom of the barrel. I see native Thais who are hurting- their children as well. When I see "foreigners" attempting to grift others, then I would send them home...period. How dare you!

11 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

spell it out for you I can.

He said it was an Eastern  European scam. I saw the same scam growing up in North America years ago.

He said hearing aids won't help a deaf person. My father is effectively deaf until he puts his hearing aids in, and then he can hear.

What is it about your comprehension that you didn't understand my response?

Perhaps you should take your cigar out of your mouth when you speak?