Tourist visa from Thai Embassy in Seoul, South Korea

Does anyone have experience with obtaining a tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Seoul, South Korea? Are there things they ask that are different from another embassy? I am looking to receive a tourist visa as an American citizen. 60 days. Any special steps or procedures that I should be aware of? I believe I must go in directly. If you have experience working with them, how fast were you able to obtain your tourist visa? Does it take months?

In general it's 3 day turn around.

eg Submit Monday morning before 12 and pick up Wednesday afternoon. 

Means two nights minimum in Seoul but plenty to do and see if a little bit expensive.

Not sure on Tourist Visa fee.

Edit.

40,000 Won????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, polyknikes said:

Thank you to you both. 40,000 WON is like USD 35. I can't believe it's that cheap and easy. 

Google thai embassy Seoul.

The official site should list the fees.

I got one of the girls in the info' booth in the main train station to writer the address and showed it to the taxi driver who took me straight there.

It might be worthwhile asking him to wait as the hill the embassy/consulate sits on felt vertical, to me anyway, to get back to the main road at the top.

• Like 1

Oh sorry, I know that you are right, it's just that in the U.S., I would have to pay a lot more. glad it's different here.

so I don't need to show them my bank account and stuff like that? just fill out the application, 2 photos, and passport copy? nice.

Edited by polyknikes

9 minutes ago, polyknikes said:

Oh sorry, I know that you are right, it's just that in the U.S., I would have to pay a lot more. glad it's different here.

so I don't need to show them my bank account and stuff like that? just fill out the application, 2 photos, and passport copy? nice.

My multi 0 was 200,000 Won/6,000 baht.

SETV not sure 100% on cost.

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to visit the Thai Embassy in Seoul tomorrow morning. Can I confirm the documents required to obtain the tourist visa? I want to make sure I have everything so I don't have to go back and forth.

1. Copy of passport

2. One 2 inch by 2 inch photo

3. Visa application

4. 40,000 WON

5. Copy of confirmed E-ticket

6. Copy of my Korean ID

Anything else I need or am I good to go? I checked the Thai Seoul website, it's pretty garbage. 

32 minutes ago, polyknikes said:

I am about to visit the Thai Embassy in Seoul tomorrow morning. Can I confirm the documents required to obtain the tourist visa? I want to make sure I have everything so I don't have to go back and forth.

1. Copy of passport

3. Visa application

4. 40,000 WON

6. Copy of my Korean ID

Anything else I need or am I good to go? I checked the Thai Seoul website, it's pretty garbage. 

Not sure if there is or it not a list of different requirements for Korean and non-Korean applicants.

Sorry.

11 hours ago, polyknikes said:

Yeah I can't find it on their site. T_T

Probably because most Koreans do not apply for single entry tourist visas because they get a 90 day visa exempt entry when they enter the country under a bilateral agreement.

See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably because most Koreans do not apply for single entry tourist visas because they get a 90 day visa exempt entry when they enter the country under a bilateral agreement.

See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html

Seems the OP is travelling on an American passport but still has a Korean ID.

Not sure if that would help or confuse the situation in the embassy.

1. Copy of American passport and original 

3. Visa application

4. 40,000 WON

6. Copy of my Korean ID

Hey ubon, do I need a bank statement for a tourist visa? Or is this enough? Also, do I need to bring a copy of my passport or is the actual passport enough? 

30 minutes ago, polyknikes said:

Hey ubon, do I need a bank statement for a tourist visa? Or is this enough? Also, do I need to bring a copy of my passport or is the actual passport enough? 

I don't recall any reports of them wanting financial proof.

You will need a copy of your passport photo page.

You may need 2 photos for the application form.

I'm at the embassy. The good news is that they will deliver my visa via postal once it's done. The bad news is that they made me buy an onward ticket. Don't they realize that most of us will exited via land or simply haven't planned when we will leave? 

33 minutes ago, polyknikes said:

I'm at the embassy. The good news is that they will deliver my visa via postal once it's done. The bad news is that they made me buy an onward ticket. Don't they realize that most of us will exited via land or simply haven't planned when we will leave? 

Glad it worked out ok for you.