BREAKING: Incredible footage shows foreigner falling from Suvarnabhumi airport roof

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, shady86 said:

Foreigners like to do weird things here which they can't do in their own country?

Read up on Alain Robert. He has climbed skyscrapers (mostly illegally and has been arrested many times) all around the world. You don't need to come to Thailand to play Spiderman or Spiderwoman.

3 minutes ago, tropo said:
16 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

I think it;s time for IQ testing before admission through immigration

Her climbing IQ wasn't so bad. I'm sure many enjoyed the show.

A perfect example

climbing IQ? 

Yes excellent climbing IQ, but her hanging IQ wasn 't up to par

1 minute ago, isaanbanhou said:

A perfect example

climbing IQ? 

Yes excellent climbing IQ, but her hanging IQ wasn 't up to par

Up to par with what? She wasn't competing. Even the best can fall. (let's not take this too seriously).

4 hours ago, Monomial said:

According to the newspaper that can't be quoted she was found walking on the expressway near Rama IV earlier in the day. They took her to the tourist police at Suvarnabhumi, who tried for 2 hours to speak with her, but she didn't say anything. They describe her as "European looking".

My guess is she was high on something.

The Bangkok Post reported that also.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Suvarnabhumi "spiderwoman" latest: Police stopped her in middle of the night wandering the expressway

More details have emerged of what led up to the daring escapade of the European woman climbing at the airport yesterday.

It has emerged that at 3am the woman - still unidentified but believed to be European - had been stopped while wandering about the expressway in the Rama IV area.

Highway police couldn't get any sense out of her so decided to take her to the tourist police at the airport.

The tourist police gave her food and water but likewise could not communicate with her at all.

It appears she was let go as she had not committed any crime then at 11 am she started climbing around the 6th floor aircraft viewing area.

Deputy airport director Kitipong Kitikhajorn and his teams swung into action to try to get her to come down but it all failed.

He said it was too dangerous to rush her due to danger to her and airport staff.

He added it was lucky that she had clambered some way down to the fourth floor before she finally fell onto two airbags that had been set up by firemen and airport medics. 

She was taken to Samitivej hospital after her fall.

Netizens were glad to see that she was not hurt but many wondered what she was up to and praised the authorities for their swift action.

Some said if she wanted to be famous she had certainly done that.

But others were less happy at all the fuss caused by the foreigner.

Saraj Choomsuwan said: "I'd like to know what punishment she is going to get for that stunt" then added rather sarcastically. ""They gave her food and water...why not a discount coupon for travel all over Thailand?"

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-13

I think that, for whatever reasons, she was contemplating (walking on expressway hoping to be hit), and then tried to commit suicide in the airport: When she hangs from her feet she waits, pulling her arms in on her chest, perhaps praying for courage to do it, then deliberately lets go and drops but gets snagged on the cable below and instinctively grabs it. Unlike the lady decapitated on her motorbike, her number was not up.

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

I would think she is high as a kite, definitely looks like backpacker who found out that drugs can twist your brain, and/or finding she got a STD and/or has been dumped by her Thai boy/girl friend!

"...or finding she got a STD."

The most ridiculous speculation of the year?

2 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I think that, for whatever reasons, she was contemplating (walking on expressway hoping to be hit), and then tried to commit suicide in the airport: When she hangs from her feet she waits, pulling her arms in on her chest, perhaps praying for courage to do it, then deliberately lets go and drops but gets snagged on the cable below and instinctively grabs it. Unlike the lady decapitated on her motorbike, her number was not up.

It wasn't a suicide attempt as she would have been well aware of the air cushion not far below her.

6 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I think you're speculating wildly and ridiculously, "contemplating suicide", "praying for courage", "deliberately lets go" (there was an airbag that she could obviously see).  There was no evidence for any of that.

In my opinion it could have been a failed suicide attempt. Alone in Bangkok , depressed and former athlete , and she was just using her skills as a gymnast before the final jump, then she realized she would not die because of the mattress. This woman needs help before it's too late. 

Edited by balo

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

2014 Olympics were Winter Olympics. Gymnastics are at the Summer Olympics.

Actually Olympic Qualification Games for Young gymnastics females was performed in 2014 were she could fit in...;)

Gymnastics- Women's Qualification | Full Replay | Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgoRbdsQZLE

Some people just love climbing. Here he is finally getting the top of the spire of the Petronas Towers after having been arrested on his previous 2 attempts on the 60th level. Mere mortals cannot fathom why climbers climb.

And have a look at these "crazy" people:

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Some people just love climbing. Here he is finally getting the top of the spire of the Petronas Towers after having been arrested on his previous 2 attempts on the 60th level. Mere mortals cannot fathom why climbers climb.

If she just like climbing as you suggest, then throw the book at her. If she was high on drugs, she deserves jail time.

If she is a raving lunatic, send her back home in a straight jacket.