New Big C on the site of Grand Sole hotel

champers

On 12/14/2017 at 7:54 AM, newnative said:

Did some research and found out that TCC, a subsidiary of Chang, bought Big C last year so they could build a Big C on the Grand Sole and surrounding land they own.  Still seems strange to me but I guess they could turn the other Big C into something else or close it.   

It is possible. Big C didn't do much renovation during the Grand Marina revamp (it stayed open) and still looks old and tired and doesn't fit well with the new complex. A new Big C in a different location makes sense. The food court at Marina is a Central food court (Food Park). I wouldn't be surprised if Big C there becomes a new Tops supermarket.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Poundland,

A similar type of place is called  "Mr D.I.Y"  ( no food)  they have 3 branches now   first one at "The Spicy" mall Soi Kowtalo

another at Tuckcom South Pattaya and apparently ( not seen it myself) one at Harbor mall central Pattaya.

Lidl, Aldii, ASDA, Sainsburys would be nice  Waitrose  (Tops)  Tesco (lotus) Macro, Boots  M+S  H+M already here.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Update: A beerbar complex has recently been demolished on Pattaya/Naklua Road, on the right hand side going up the hill from Dolphin Circus. This will be the site of the "new" Grand Sole hotel, according to a lady on the baht bus. Anyone else heard similar?

1 hour ago, champers said:

Update: A beerbar complex has recently been demolished on Pattaya/Naklua Road, on the right hand side going up the hill from Dolphin Circus. This will be the site of the "new" Grand Sole hotel, according to a lady on the baht bus. Anyone else heard similar?

Bad news for mongers, good news for the barbeers remaining, There's been far too many barbeers in Pattaya for decades.

3 hours ago, champers said:

I heard from the owner of Jacks Bar.... one of the original bars on this site that it will be a hotel. Jacks has moved about 2 or 3 doors down and has undergone a renovation.

11 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

That Beer Bar Complex has been closed for .... 5 years already ?

don't think so.... it was active until about 3 months ago. Never particularly busy but active none the less. Now where they were at the Soi 31 junction is just cleared land.

31 minutes ago, tolsti said:

don't think so.... it was active until about 3 months ago. Never particularly busy but active none the less. Now where they were at the Soi 31 junction is just cleared land.

Ah sorry, I thought we were talking about the beer bars beside the Grand Sole.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tolsti said:

One bar hung on till about a fortnight ago. I think they have all relocated on that side of the road, so must be viable concerns.