PM Prayut promises villagers he will consider staying in power longer

webfact

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Ossy said:

The scary thing is that, unless the Thai public can come up with someone more credible and capable to govern, this is who we'll be ending up with, one short year from now. Oh-oh, pass that sick-bowl again . . . quickly!

The scary thing is......it is irrelevant whether or not the Thai public can come up with "someone more credible".

His clique decides who they want in power, when that power is transferred and how long that power is held.

The whole country knows it, but have hitherto been unwilling to challenge that situation.

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

And as I stated and witnessed previously,  many Thai's DO want the Junta to stay in power

“We would like to see the premier in office for another 10 years,” said one unidentified villager"

...........and one strange foreigner, waving government handouts.

1 hour ago, berybert said:

"The premier also unveiled plans to invest about Bt4 billion to improve Kalasin’s water resource management system and |implement other measures to reduce poverty as the province |is ranked among the country’s poorest".

PM told them to drink more water when it rains a lot and drink less when its dry season.

Bt4 billion for those wise words of wisdom. Now you know why he's got the dollar in the bank.

Great stuff!! Can I also look forward to the start of the Bang Ban-Bang Sai canal project here in Ayutthaya?? .:coffee1:

43 minutes ago, generealty said:

Here we go AGAIN. Lie upon lie upon lie. This General never fails to amaze me. You can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

guess you could say that about most politicians everywhere ....  Australia especially ...  :coffee1:

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is a great article and good news.  As I suspected all along, Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha will probably be at the helm for a long while yet.  He has worked to get Thailand moving in the right direction.

And as I stated and witnessed previously,  many Thai's DO want the Junta to stay in power as it brings stability and security, and while Thailand keeps ticking over economically then they are happy.

But the nayers on TV who BS their way through would try to have us all believe otherwise  ....  but they have been wrong every time.

Good job Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha and good news for Thailand

•  

The premier also unveiled plans to invest about Bt4 billion to improve Kalasin’s water resource management system and |implement other measures to reduce poverty as the province |is ranked among the country’s poorest.

Prayut told villagers that his government would help them raise more livestock instead of planting more agricultural crops, which are being affected by depressed farm prices worldwide.

f69d8ffa544797d65ab852168599b9ae.jpg

You live in a different world to reality. Where I live the man is despised and locals laugh at his weekly comedy show before switching off the TV.  This trip to Kalasin is nothing more than an attempt to buy votes. You obviously don't understand the 'Thai smile' as elections loom. They are very good at saying the right things to all candidates who offer incentives., but can of course vote for only one of them!

Edited by joebrown
Incomplete post

3 minutes ago, meinphuket said:

Staying in power longer with total disregard to the the majority of people's wishes ? Repeating the previous government's populist policies it so abhorred? Another Kim dynasty in the making ?

' total disregard to the the majority of people's wishes ' 

so you know exactly what the people's wishes are  ?    well I call this BS.

The TV nayers keep saying Thailand is going down the drain .....  bla .... bla ....  bla .....    but really they know jack shit ...

but all I see is the opposite .....  

more tourist are coming ...

more projects have commenced  ....

new infrustructure is being built ..... 

so I say your comment is not correct based on the previous facts shown over the past 12 months or more.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The TV nayers keep saying Thailand is going down the drain .....  bla .... bla ....  bla .....    but really they know jack shit ...

so I say your comment is not correct based on the previous facts shown over the past 12 months or more.

You'll have to pardon my ignorance but, but serious question, what new projects have commenced and what new infrastructure has commenced in the rural areas?

Was there ever any doubt?  And why wouldnt they want him to stay with such a sterling track record.   Annual GDP growth below. 

Thailand 2014 to 2016:   0.9, 2.9, 3.2

Comparison countries.

China 6.9, 6.7
Vietnam 6.7
Cambodia 7.0
Myanmar 7.3
Malaysia 4.2

Possible picture caption for first picture:
Today, at the demand of 100 children, General Prayut submitted to their requests to stay in power indefinitely. 
:clap2:

"Besides meeting with local people, Prayut also gave away dozens of cows, buffaloes and agricultural tools to farmers before visiting an irrigation development project in the afternoon."
From what source of funding did the General use to purchase the various populist gifts given to the locals in order to sway their opinion?  His own money?  No problem. 
Government money?   No doubt if the good PM comes to our neck of the woods, the wife will want a couple of milk cows too at which time she'll gush and heap platitudes on the wonderful man, and of course, urge him to extend his stay in office for 10 years. :thumbsup:

Edited by connda

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

We would like to see the premier in office for another 10 years, said an unidentified villager.

Well i have just discovered who said that   !! It was Steven 100  !!   ha ha

yes, how hard would it be to plant paid stooges in every crowd this guy addresses ?

What I find truly shocking is they when I think about all the PM’s Thailand has had in the last 30 years this guy is far from the worst.  I am sure many of you can recall the days when the Thai PM was not an elected official .... so not even that is unique here.  BTW, before you jump to conclusions I am not suggesting he is doing his job or that he should hang in longer.  It’s just that the parade of mischief makers has been so questionable that the incumbent does not even seem that bad in comparison.

15 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Was there ever any doubt?  And why wouldnt they want him to stay with such a sterling track record.   Annual GDP growth below. 

Thailand 2014 to 2016:   0.9, 2.9, 3.2

Comparison countries.

China 6.9, 6.7
Vietnam 6.7
Cambodia 7.0
Myanmar 7.3
Malaysia 4.2

Add this wretched statistic to the junta sterling track record; plunge in foreign direct investments from pre-coup of 12-15B USD to 2B USD in 2016. In fact, there are more money leaving in terms of outbound FDI than inbound FDI. Future elected government will have to clean  up the mess that this junta leave behind and face an empty treasury reserves and lots of debts.

5 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

What I find truly shocking is they when I think about all the PM’s Thailand has had in the last 30 years this guy is far from the worst.  I am sure many of you can recall the days when the Thai PM was not an elected official .... so not even that is unique here.  BTW, before you jump to conclusions I am not suggesting he is doing his job or that he should hang in longer.  It’s just that the parade of mischief makers has been so questionable that the incumbent does not even seem that bad in comparison.

Easy not to seem bad in comparison when you are above the law, unaccountable and ban any opposition. However he still manages.

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Hi steven, my favorite TVF troll. I've missed you buddy! Please hop on over to one of the Prawit watch threads and give us your unique input!!:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, Becker said:

Hi steven, my favorite TVF troll. I've missed you buddy! Please hop on over to one of the Prawit watch threads and give us your unique input!!:thumbsup:

I realize you are being facetious, but Steven100 has as much right to post his opinions as you or I. Even if we believe he sees present day Thailand through designer rose colored glasses, he has never posted offensive or hateful material.

If he wishes to support Prayuth in his inimitable obsequious manner, so be it.:thumbsup:

{In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.}