Daughter disowns father for having younger Thai GF

Nemises

Say what you will, but there is no way this is anything but a race issue. You can't tell me the girl would have a problem with him seeing a 10 years younger white lady. This is all about making sure daddy doesn't marry an Asian. Age is a red herring.

Previous posts state that the daughter has Asian friends and that she also employs Asians. If so, how can she be a racist??

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gregster said:

The daughter’s view is shared by MANY....including the NY Times who call such men as “creepy old retired white dudes”.

This thread is about seeking feedback from other Dads in similar situations and how they dealt with it, not attacking the viewpoint shared by the daughter ...and the NY Times correspondent.

IMG_1657.PNG

I wonder if the NYT has the same opinion about the late Hugh Heffner, or is it just men that marry young ASIAN women?

If you actually think there are men on here that will support a vicious, ungrateful child that wishes to dictate to her father whom he may seek happiness with I think you are on a Quixotic crusade.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

1 hour ago, anakot said:

. The eldest daughter who is nearly 50 said she didn't mind "who he brought into the house so she was younger than me".   We had a good laugh about this particularly since the age difference is decades... 

house so she was younger

You appear to have left out a critical part of that.

On 12/14/2017 at 1:27 PM, Gregster said:

Her criteria for an “acceptable GF” is that the GF must not be Asian

I've only read the first page or so of posts, but I was surprised not to see any mention of the Asian stipulation!

If I was the father of a girl who wrote something like this I would strongly and publicly condemn her racist attitudes and cut off all contact with her.  

2 hours ago, Gregster said:

The daughter’s view is shared by MANY....including the NY Times who call such men as “creepy old retired white dudes”.

This thread is about seeking feedback from other Dads in similar situations and how they dealt with it, not attacking the viewpoint shared by the daughter ...and the NY Times correspondent.

IMG_1657.PNG

You need to correct that statement.

The original NY Times article that is cited by some anonymous, narrow-minded Australian DID NOT label anyone as being "creepy old white dudes" and did not claim anything was "horrifically disturbing".

Thanks,

NL

Just to set the record straight, there was a NY Times article in 2010 on American men marrying and then residing in Udon Thani  but the word 'creepy' does not appear in that article. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/25/world/asia/25iht-thai.html

That reference, and the jpg above comes from this article on an Australia-based website:

https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/the_meeting_place/post/why-do-older-australian-men-marry-young-asian-girls

7 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Just to set the record straight, there was a NY Times article in 2010 on American men marrying and then residing in Udon Thani  but the word 'creepy' does not appear in that article. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/25/world/asia/25iht-thai.html

That reference, and the jpg above comes from this article on an Australia-based website:

https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/the_meeting_place/post/why-do-older-australian-men-marry-young-asian-girls

Australians in the past were openly racist about Asians and tried to keep them out of the country.

I guess that attitude hasn't changed much.

PS. I just read the Australian article and it's everything I'd expect from a bunch of PC man hating wimmin that can see their meal tickets being threatened by men seeking nicer women elsewhere.

Sooner or later western men are just going to stop marrying those horrid women.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

32 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Previous posts state that the daughter has Asian friends and that she also employs Asians. If so, how can she be a racist??

She Just doesn't want an Asian in the family. Lot's of people have employees and friends of different race, but still have racist opinions about them.

Reactio of daughter is logic, she sees a girl that can take her place.

You have to make sure she understands her place can never be taken

She is 'blood' and she has her won place, like brother, sister and grand father and mother have too

4 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Thanks for clarifying, but it doesn’t really matter which newspaper or website said it. The point is that there are many who consider old white men with MUCH younger Asian partners as creepy, not just this guy’s daughter.

there are many who consider old white men with MUCH younger Asian partners as creepy

With that sort of attitude about many TVF posters it's no wonder you are getting so much stick on this thread.

4 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

She is 'blood' and she has her won place, like brother, sister and grand father and mother have too

With her attitude, I wouldn't want her to be in my life if she were my daughter.

6 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Thanks for clarifying, but it doesn’t really matter which newspaper or website said it. The point is that there are many who consider old white men with MUCH younger Asian partners as creepy, not just this guy’s daughter.

All I can say, from first-hand experience as referenced earlier, is that if someone has that notion, trying to change that is a waste of time.

The biggest problem is that the guy has just found out that his daughter doesn't love him unconditionally, like he does her. This is heartbreaking for him, and something that will be difficult for him to get over. The only way he can get over this is if his daughter says she was just doing this because she was worried for him, and she can now accept it. It is possible it is a bluff.

The daughter is correct. Logically speaking it doesn't make any sense. Why are the old folks chasing after the young girls far more younger than their kids with outrageous age difference. I bet you this a scary scenario because if the old folks looks at younger girls, then their children maybe in danger because they must at one point look to have the children as wives . :cheesy::cheesy:

All I can say, from first-hand experience as referenced earlier, is that if someone has that notion, trying to change that is a waste of time.

Her dad isn’t trying to change her notion because he knows she’ll never change it. He is just wondering if there is a solution before he walks away from his daughter...forever. Something he obviously doesn’t want to do, without serious thought.

3 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Her dad isn’t trying to change her notion because he knows she’ll never change it. He is just wondering if there is a solution before he walks away from his daughter...forever.  

Not you but certainly others have suggested trying to change her view on state-of-affairs. I note that so many suggested telling her to wise up or they would write her out of the father's will when it seems that the daughter and husband may have more money than the father. The only solution I can offer is that he tell the daughter that he will not bring any ThaiGF/wife onto the shores of Australia and see if that works. 

5 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Her dad isn’t trying to change her notion because he knows she’ll never change it. He is just wondering if there is a solution before he walks away from his daughter...forever. Something he obviously doesn’t want to do, without serious thought.

I read somewhere that older people should be patient with younger ones, and i believe it's true.

The father should give time to her daughter to reconsider her stance, while carrying on with his life.

Imo, is fair to listen to other people advice, but everyone has the right to take decisions, wrong or right, the future will tell.

Not you but certainly others have suggested trying to change her view on state-of-affairs. I note that so many suggested telling her to wise up or they would write her out of the father's will when it seems that the daughter and husband may have more money than the father. The only solution I can offer is that he tell the daughter that he will not bring any ThaiGF/wife onto the shores of Australia and see if that works. 

Won’t work unfortunately. Daughter says it’s “disgusting” and she doesn’t want him going near her or her family.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:33 PM, Gregster said:

Many thanks. Will pass on.

He divorced his (Western) wife after he caught her cheating. Hence his aversion now towards Western women.

His daughter is fully aware her mother cheated and she is also aware her Dad wants a GF from a different culture.

It made no difference, the daughter is not backing down on her position.

I know from my own experience how hurting a situation like this is. However, at the end of the day, it is the life of your friend and not his daughter's.  Also, it will be her and her kids who will be suffering and probably within a year or two, she will learn to accept, perhaps not like, her father's partner.

1 minute ago, Gregster said:

Won’t work unfortunately. Daughter says it’s “disgusting” and she doesn’t want him going near her or her family.

Then walk....We only have one life and for sure it is short, one must make the most of it and do what one's heart want's to do, not what another THINKS one should do..

Then walk....We only have one life and for sure it is short, one must make the most of it and do what one's heart want's to do, not what another THINKS one should do..

He is resigned to walking. But not yet and not before seeking comments from others who have been in this situation.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:41 AM, Gregster said:

His daughter is not racist. She has close, long-time Asian friends (whom I’ve met) and apparently she doesn’t hesitate employing Asians at her law firm.

"Asians are fine as friends and employees, but getting married to one, especially a younger one, is disgusting." 

I wonder what her Asian friends and employees would think of her if they knew about her attitude towards them.

45 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

Hmmmm.... that sounds more like Isaan than Essendon.

17 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Then the consensus it seems from anyone on here that has been in a remotely similar situation is: Sayonara 

Cutting ties is a big weapon to use against one's parents.  If she's willing to use this weapon to control who her father dates, then you have to ask yourself in what other situations will she be willing to use this weapon?

"You're not wearing that disgusting red tie to our housewarming party....or you're cut off from our family!"