Daughter disowns father for having younger Thai GF

Nemises

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is NOT about seeking comments praising or criticising his Thai GF, his daughter, his other family or his son-in-law’s family.

As mentioned in post #1, this topic was raised to seek assistance from other Dads who may have also been “disowned” by family members for having a younger (>than 5 years) Thai partner. In particular, how they dealt with it.

Thanks again to the Dads who have assisted thus far.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:11 PM, billd766 said:

It has never happened to me but if I were in his position I would try to explain to my daughter that she has her own life to live as I have mine.

In his case he has supported his daughter all her life so far and now it is his turn to make his own life for himself.

I choose what is acceptable to me.

You don't mention if his wife had died or they had divorced as the reason why he has a Thai GF but IMHO if he is happy with his Thai GF then stick with her.

It is your friends grandchildren who will suffer the most from loss of contact and the problem is completely in his daughters court.

Again IMHO she has no right to interfere in her fathers life especially as it involved the children and their grandfather. She sounds a bit spoilt and always wants HER own way.

I guess shes just rightly embarassed . I cant imagine my own dad with a Thai hooker . LOL 

If the OP want a clear opinion about his new relationship with younger GF than her daughter, it'll  be better not to mention if its Thai woman or not..otherwise it will be another lambasted  negative threads in regards to the Thai woman.

Just my 2 cents.. hoping all the best for the OP new relationship..cheers

2 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

I guess shes just rightly embarassed . I cant imagine my own dad with a Thai hooker . LOL 

How do you know the Thai lady is a hooker?

Have you met her, do you even know her, or is that just an educated guess?

If it is just an educated guess, it doesn't say a lot for your education but it does say a lot about your attitude towards Thai women in general.

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

How do you know the Thai lady is a hooker?

Have you met her, do you even know her, or is that just an educated guess?

If it is just an educated guess, it doesn't say a lot for your education but it does say a lot about your attitude towards Thai women in general.

I dont think that a 30 yr old thai woman wants to hook up with a 60 yr old whity for any other reason than a financial one. But as stated, yours must be different ofcourse :smile:

41 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

I dont think that a 30 yr old thai woman wants to hook up with a 60 yr old whity for any other reason than a financial one. But as stated, yours must be different ofcourse :smile:

Don't you think this is also happen in western civilization ? 

I thought the OP said the Thai GF was only 5 years younger than the father. In which case a lot of these comments (e.g. 30 yr old Thai woman with 60 yr old whitey) are irrelevant.

In fact I don't know why the 5 year age gap is even worth mentioning, because that's a completely normal age gap in any country.

The issue here seems to be that the daughter is embarrassed to tell her friends and associates that her dad has an Asian GF. The daughter needs to re-evaluate her life. We're a long time dead.

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

Soooooo ALL those young women that lived with Hugh Heffner in his later years were "hookers", hmmmmmmmm.

23 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

To bash, does that mean "realistic critisism/observation" ?

Do you think that earlier comment was a realistic criticism / observation? To put all Thai women in that one category suggests the poster hasn't set foot outside of Pattaya Walking Street.

I thought the OP said the Thai GF was only 5 years younger than the father. In which case a lot of these comments (e.g. 30 yr old Thai woman with 60 yr old whitey) are irrelevant.

In fact I don't know why the 5 year age gap is even worth mentioning, because that's a completely normal age gap in any country.

The issue here seems to be that the daughter is embarrassed to tell her friends and associates that her dad has an Asian GF. The daughter needs to re-evaluate her life. We're a long time dead.

This thread is NOT about seeking comments praising or criticising his Thai GF, his daughter, his other family or his son-in-law’s family.

As mentioned in post #1, this topic was raised to seek assistance from other Dads who may have also been “disowned” by family members for having a (more than 5 years) younger Asian partner. In particular, how they dealt with it.

On 12/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, billd766 said:

I don't quite understand what you shouted about in your post, neither do I understand who "we" are, or even if you are Thai. 

If you are Thai then please give me your full name and address so that my Thai wife and son will be able to live with you when I die, and you will be able to support them until they die.

so you go. looking at grammatical errors i am not Thai hahahah. i am placing rights from wrongs. you will be the first person to insult a foreigner in your country for just wrong doing meanwhile you are here and insulting Thais in their country. if a Thai retires in a western country you would be the first to say " Them Asians" 

1 minute ago, Gregster said:

As mentioned in post #1, this topic was raised to seek assistance from other Dads who may have also been “disowned” by family members for having a younger (>than 5 years) Asian partner. In particular, how they dealt with it.

I understand that.  But I don't think many daughters would have an issue with a 5 year age gap. If your friend's daughter claims to object to the 5 year age gap, I suspect that's a ruse to hide the fact she objects purely to the Asian thing.

Most would not even consider 5 years an age gap. If you had said >15 years it may have been more believable.

That's just my opinion based on comments made by my own daughter. In any case, if my daughter objected to me dating someone younger than me (or someone Asian) I'd probably start by arranging for them to meet and get to know each other.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:04 PM, hobz said:

I bet what she is really saying is "you cant have a hooker girlfriend"

No. She is saying that you can't have an Asian girlfriend who everybody she knows will think that the GF is a hooker and her father a sex tourist. In short she is ashamed of her father. Her problem and nothing he can do about it except be patient and hope she eventually relents.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Really?

So you know her personally do you, or are you making an assumption like many other people do, that ALL Thai women are hookers?

It must be wonderful to sit at your computer and believe that perhaps 25 million Thai women are ALL hookers.

I suspect that you are the person with your head up your backside, and a troll to boot.

Is it incredible how people go through life DENYING anything they dont want to believe despite the facts staring them in the face . 

12 hours ago, Been there done that said:

To bash, does that mean "realistic critisism/observation" ?

No.

"realistic critisism/observation" is when you look at the whole item instead of making a blanket condemnation of over 25 million people.

A more "realistic critisism/observation" would be to say that a percentage (put your own figure in) of Thai women fall into that category but the majority do not.

What he seems to believe is that EVERY Thai woman and girl in EVERY Thai city, town, village and moo ban is a hooker.

If that is what he does mean then he is indeed a small petty minded and sad person.

12 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:

so you go. looking at grammatical errors i am not Thai hahahah. i am placing rights from wrongs. you will be the first person to insult a foreigner in your country for just wrong doing meanwhile you are here and insulting Thais in their country. if a Thai retires in a western country you would be the first to say " Them Asians" 

Obviously you have little idea of what you are talking about and you certainly know nothing about me.

7 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

Is it incredible how people go through life DENYING anything they dont want to believe despite the facts staring them in the face . 

I agree with you there but I believe that you were looking in the mirror at the time.

You seem to believe is that EVERY Thai woman and girl in EVERY Thai city, town, village and moo ban is a hooker.

If that is what you do mean then yes you are indeed a small petty minded and sad person.

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I agree with you there but I believe that you were looking in the mirror at the time.

You seem to believe is that EVERY Thai woman and girl in EVERY Thai city, town, village and moo ban is a hooker.

If that is what you do mean then yes you are indeed a small petty minded and sad person.

What you have to realise pal is that I have been in this country for over 45 years . Well before the mail order bride and the horny western sexpat thing started . The horny old guy who comes to Thailand with a bit of cash looking to settle down with little Miss Tits n ass ( you ?) . I married a Thai hooker and so did all my friends in the subsequent years . Not necessarily working the streets but certainly working the Farang . So if you think your wife aint a hooker , i urge you , think again . LOL PS .Its nothing to be ashamed of .

31 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

What you have to realise pal is that I have been in this country for over 45 years . Well before the mail order bride and the horny western sexpat thing started . The horny old guy who comes to Thailand with a bit of cash looking to settle down with little Miss Tits n ass ( you ?) . I married a Thai hooker and so did all my friends in the subsequent years . Not necessarily working the streets but certainly working the Farang . So if you think your wife aint a hooker , i urge you , think again . LOL PS .Its nothing to be ashamed of .

Yet you still claim that ALL Thai women are hookers.

16 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

Don't you think this is also happen in western civilization ? 

Very rare - unless of course one side of the equation is very wealthy....  And then yes, the financially motivated come out of the woodwork.

Hugh Heffner is a prime example.  Nobody in their right mind would find him genuinely attractive - but his money is extremely attractive to a few financially motivated women.

12 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I understand that.  But I don't think many daughters would have an issue with a 5 year age gap. If your friend's daughter claims to object to the 5 year age gap, I suspect that's a ruse to hide the fact she objects purely to the Asian thing.

Most would not even consider 5 years an age gap. If you had said >15 years it may have been more believable.

That's just my opinion based on comments made by my own daughter. In any case, if my daughter objected to me dating someone younger than me (or someone Asian) I'd probably start by arranging for them to meet and get to know each other.

It's 30 years...  The daughter is the same age or older than the gf.....

Edited by dick dasterdly

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Very rare - unless of course one side of the equation is very wealthy....  And then yes, the financially motivated come out of the woodwork.

Hugh Heffner is a prime example.  Nobody in their right mind would find him genuinely attractive - but his money is extremely attractive to a few financially motivated women.

One may argue that all women are the same :whistling:

.. But i am sure most of them would disagree..

In the place where i come from, if you say Thailand, people think about hookers and even worse.

Personally, i don't worry a lot about what people think, i vote for freedom.