1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Watching the Chiang Mai faction having their knickers in a twist was quite satisfying already. because of how that community allowed Nancy to use their numbers to trash TA's run last year. But now having JT enter the pity party is beyond delightful.

This POTY season is shaping up to be one of the best ever. 2017 karma's revenge.

I am preturbed. I am confused.

Are you suggesting there is 'tactcal voting' at large? If you are suggesting that there are fishy things afoot then I'm reconsidering my whole position on POTY for next year.

Roll on 2018, when I'll muster all the footy followers, or wine lovers, or phonphasi dwellers to vote for just one poster and we can share the winnings.. 

Edited by owl sees all

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I am preturbed. I am confused.

Are you suggesting their is 'tactcal voting' at large? If you are suggesting that there are fishy things afoot then I'm reconsidering my whole position on POTY for next year.

Roll on 2018, when I'll muster all the footy followers, or wine lovers, or phonphasi dwellers to vote for just one poster and we can share the winnings.. 

When there are only a couple of hundred votes involved in total it should not take a lot of mustering? 1508595.GIF

vogie said:

When I was nominated for poty, I did not wish to be a candidate and asked for my name to be removed, I was told that it was not possible to do that.

i  was nominated in 2015 and withdrew without any problems. then in 2016 i made a deal with Jingthing, he became my campaign manager who instructed me to stay in the background and keep my mouth shut. result: i was voted POTY MMXVI inspite of my mantra for the first several years Thaivisa "striving to be the most hated poster".

slightly off topic: according to a news flash there's a frustrated campaign manager running berserk in Pattaya beating up bahtbus drivers with a baseball bat who answer "twenty" when questioned "how much from Jomtien to Pattaya Klang crossing?" :whistling:

17 minutes ago, Naam said:

i  was nominated in 2015 and withdrew without any problems. then in 2016 i made a deal with Jingthing, he became my campaign manager who instructed me to stay in the background and keep my mouth shut. result: i was voted POTY MMXVI inspite of my mantra for the first several years Thaivisa "striving to be the most hated poster".

slightly off topic: according to a news flash there's a frustrated campaign manager running berserk in Pattaya beating up bahtbus drivers with a baseball bat who answer "twenty" when questioned "how much from Jomtien to Pattaya Klang crossing?" :whistling:

It's ok Trump has sorted it out.

Trump-baby-650094.jpg

As someone that voted for Craig before, I cannot re-vote in this poll. 

I reckon that applies to all that voted for Craig.

Like I said, FUBAR 2017. 

It seems to me that an inevitable Transam win is going to be an ASTERISK win unless there is an accommodation for the BIG MESS made by Craig dropping out.

A one on one of the two leaders makes the most sense! 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Those in the first round would have voted for other candidates if they knew this was going to happen.

You seriously think that this has been done in a fair way?

The rules were the same for everyone - i.e. irrelevant.

It was a level playing field, and voters who didn't want blown away should not have gone with the wind.

We can all moan and whine, but unlike Transam, it seems you only sing when you're winning

Just now, Jingthing said:

Like I said, FUBAR 2017. 

To be honest, you shouldn't have been allowed to vote at all.

I reckon that was why Craig got withdrawn - because of the voters he attracted

Remember, lust like TAT, it's Quality, not quantity, that counts in this election

SC

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

The rules were the same for everyone - i.e. irrelevant.

It was a level playing field, and voters who didn't want blown away should not have gone with the wind.

We can all moan and whine, but unlike Transam, it seems you only sing when you're winning

If you think this was a level playing field you have the wrong sport! 1514123.gif

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

To be honest, you shouldn't have been allowed to vote at all.

I reckon that was why Craig got withdrawn - because of the voters he attracted

Remember, lust like TAT, it's Quality, not quantity, that counts in this election

SC

Sure thing. :stoner:

We should post some representative posts from the leaders so that everyone may be sure what they're voting for (but of course, they probably are). I'll start off:

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Beating the crap out of the very customers you need to generate an income is not a particularly wise move, which is I guess, why it happened in Thailand.

Actually, it happens in other countries as well. But all Thais are stupid, you see.

darksidedog was one our most virulent Tunnel Flooders (stupid Thais!). Ignored my request for a status update.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:44 AM, colinneil said:

What plonker comes up with this s++t?

Every time we see a story about a dishonest taxi driver within 48 hours we get a story about an honest taxi driver handing over someones belongings, and it is always accompanied by the bit that it contained a large amount of cash.

T.A.T. must employ story writers just to make up good taxi driver deeds.

Typical. This nonsense is starting to become part of the standard narrative now, picked up by other posters.

Edited by JSixpack

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Like I said, FUBAR 2017. 

It seems to me that an inevitable Transam win is going to be an ASTERISK win unless there is an accommodation for the BIG MESS made by Craig dropping out.

A one on one of the two leaders makes the most sense! 

Your gripe is with craig and no-one else, in my opinion he should have not been allowed to withdraw.

I think Craig ended with over 30 votes.

Those 30 votes would have been DECISIVE if given to someone else.

Scott said email him if you can't revote.

We can't revote.

Seriously, how many of those 30 do you REALLY think are going to do such an irregular thing as emailing a mod to vote, and even what percentage will EVEN KNOW that they can revote this way.

This contest is totally corrupted now.

It can be salvaged with a ONE on ONE final final showdown.

Without that, the results are almost meaningless. 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Your gripe is with craig and no-one else, in my opinion he should have not been allowed to withdraw.

Nope. My gripe is how this entire "final" poll got corrupted and yes I already said I don't think he should have been allowed to exit. But he did, and here we are, and those over 30 votes WIPED AWAY which with the small numbers here would be decisive ... 

I now call on TRANSAM to man up and do the right thing and join me in calling for a final final ONE on ONE contest between the two front runners in this current corrupted poll.

That would have a lot of power if TRANSAM who will definitely win in this poll realizes that a win with a dark cloud of a large pool of DELETED VOTES isn't worth much. If not, is he afraid he won't win in a one on one? That's what people will think. 

Personally, I think TRANSAM would still win in a final final one on one. But if we don't do, we will never know for sure. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I now call on TRANSAM to man up and do the right thing and join me in calling for a final final ONE on ONE contest between the two front runners in this current corrupted poll.

That would have a lot of power if TRANSAM who will definitely win in this poll to realizes that a win over a dark cloud isn't worth it. If not, is he afraid he won't win in a one on one? That's what people will think. 

Wouldn't that request be slightly less embarrassingly pointless if it came from a candidate?

Wouldnt a fistfight, or a drag racer, be more appropriate? Normally the challenged party gets to choose the weapons'?

SC

EDIT: I'm sure Colin would be up for that

Edited by StreetCowboy