1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Au contraire!  Only those who voted for Craig in the Finals got to recast their votes.  Those who voted for Dave in the semi-finals (i.e. the under-appreciated Chiang Mai members) were thrown under the bus and left unable to vote when the powers-that-be decided to award Dave2 an "Honorary POTY".  It's a statue that looks like a dog bone, because that's what they threw at him.

The winner of this contest are, at best No. 2, as far as Chiang Mai is concerned.

I take it JT has been banned, so you’re taking over the baton as self-appointed “I’ll-natured pointless grizzler”. For you, unlike JT, it is not a step up

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, grollies said:

Dec 30th, assuming midnight but Scott needs to clarify. Voting twice was only permitted for those who voted initially for dead Dave.

Au contraire!  Only those who voted for Craig in the Finals got to recast their votes.  Those who voted for Dave in the semi-finals (i.e. the under-appreciated Chiang Mai members) were thrown under the bus and left unable to vote when the powers-that-be decided to award Dave2 an "Honorary POTY".  It's a statue that looks like a dog bone, because that's what they threw at him.

The winner of this contest are, at best No. 2, as far as Chiang Mai is concerned.

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

When an exploding ape is a baboom I very much doubt it.

Monkey.  Baboons are monkeys, they are not like us.  They have tails and shiney earses and bad breath.  OK - in some ways they are not like us

Edited by StreetCowboy

42 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I take it JT has been banned, so you’re taking over the baton as self-appointed “I’ll-natured pointless grizzler”. For you, unlike JT, it is not a step up

He may just be out looking for that special zirconian and plastic polish for the tiara!   It's hard to find a good quality polish in Pattaya.   

23 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Monkey.  Baboons are monkeys, they are not like us.  They have tails and shiney earses and bad breath.  OK - in some ways they are not like us

Probably more alike than most of us think.   Apes have tails, Thaivisa members have tales.   I am not checking for shiny backsides, but I am sure there are enough and bad breath is kind endemic, although it's been a while since I kissed a real ape!

47 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Chiang Where?

34 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I hope this clears things up.

"Catarrhines are further split into the Old World monkeys (Cercopithecoidea) and theapes (Hominoidea). Of the primates listed, only the baboons are Cercopithecoids; all the others are in the family Hominoidea. Cercopithecoids like baboons have tails that are not prehensile."

1 minute ago, StreetCowboy said:

Perhaps they would be happier in ChiangMaivisa.com.  Chexit could be on the cards.

I went there once. I was invited into the home of one of the locals who introduced me to his wife and daughter. There was only one woman in the room...

26 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I hear it’s the only province in LOS where you can legally marry your daughter !

So it’s all good emoji848.png

In the Catholic Church, anything is possible.

edit:  No it’s not; a Father can’t marry his daughter as he is legally celibate.  My apologies to anyone that converted on the basis of the above.

Edited by StreetCowboy

One thing worth remembering is that baboons are like in-laws; you rarely get just one.  So we’d have POTY and BoPOTY and MoPTOY and FoPTOY and 1stCoPTOY and ... well, I’m sure you get my drift.  It would be like the temple scene out of Jungle Book, except they’ve probably already got cigarette lighters.  Is that what you want? TV over-run by shiney-earsed baboons setting on yag anything dry enough to burn?

12 minutes ago, baboon said:

Classical: Quo, Motörhead, Priest...

Hmmm Motorhead yes for no better reason than a 3 piece had no right to be as loud as they were and Lemmy ( rip ) was one of dying breed of rocksters .. My first liasons with the fairer sex was to the soothing riff that is SQ's" Break the rules " but as it ended badly Quo tunes tend to give me PTSD flashbacks now .. Judas Priest hmmm not sure about that one geez' that Rob Halford is 'erm how do I say a bit camp .. Is he not .? But all is not lost Baboon I'm sure you're library has more to offer .. And though the flock haven't ploughed thru' all of the pages on this gripping POTY thread we understand you are one of the front runners so every 4 toe'd vote counts as they might say .. :smile:

12 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Hmmm Motorhead yes for no better reason than a 3 piece had no right to be as loud as they were and Lemmy ( rip ) was one of dying breed of rocksters .. My first liasons with the fairer sex was to the soothing riff that is SQ's" Break the rules " but as it ended badly Quo tunes tend to give me PTSD flashbacks now .. Judas Priest hmmm not sure about that one geez' that Rob Halford is 'erm how do I say a bit camp .. Is he not .? But all is not lost Baboon I'm sure you're library has more to offer .. And though the flock haven't ploughed thru' all of the pages on this gripping POTY thread we understand you are one of the front runners so every 4 toe'd vote counts as they might say .. :smile:

Rob Halford camp??? Next you will be arguing that Manowar and the Village People are not the pinnacle of heterosexuality....

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

Rob Halford camp??? Next you will be arguing that Manowar and the Village People are not the pinnacle of heterosexuality....

Hahaha indeed .. And with a cap like that R H could be a seamless slot in ( sorry sorry unintended ) with the Village People ..

IMG_20171221_173810.jpg

5 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahaha indeed .. And with a cap like that R H could be a seamless slot in ( sorry sorry unintended ) with the Village People ..

IMG_20171221_173810.jpg

Indeed. Here are men who take themselves seriously as MEN...