Has The Watch Struck Four For Embattled Prawit?

snoop1130

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

prawatch4.hed_-1-696x516.jpg

File photo of Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan in a May 2016 photo. Photo: Defense Ministry / Lakmuangonline.com

BANGKOK — As if three undeclared wristwatches were not enough, deputy junta leader Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan was spotted wearing what appears to be a fourth pricey timepiece in a photo Tuesday as an anti-corruption agency awaits clarification on the first.

The watch, discovered in a May 2016 photo on a Defense Ministry website, appeared to be a stainless steel Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Chronograph (model 5960/1A with flyback function). It originally went viral via the same Facebook page where two other images were discovered through crowd-sourcing.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/12/19/watch-struck-four-embattled-prawit/

Why all this fuss for a few watches collectively valued at 10 million ? Khun Prawit should be worth at least a billion ? PM Prayuth has similar assets too if i am not mistaken ? All legally earned or inherited. They have dedicated themselves in the service of the nation since joining the army. Even in their twilight years, instead of enjoying a well earned retirement, they are serving the poor and downtrodden against the atcrocities of the demon Thaksin and his wicked family. 

Edited by saakura

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Why all this fuss for a few watches collectively valued at 10 million ? Khun Prawit should be worth at least a billion ? PM Prayuth has similar assets too if i am not mistaken ? All legally earned or inherited. They have dedicated themselves in the service of the nation since joining the army. Even in their twilight years, instead of enjoying a well earned retirement, they are serving the poor and downtrodden against the atcrocities of the demon Thaksin and his wicked family. 

His net worth was circa 70 million before joining office.

Wearing a third of your wealth on your wrist is not ridding the nation of anything wicked, its joining the party and taking a slice. 

Edited by coulson

1 hour ago, saakura said:

I hope this is a case of you not able to find the sarcasm emoticon.

If not, can I ask if you are Steven100's brother?

2 hours ago, saakura said:

Can't really decide if you are being funny or serious.

Why do these people (journalist and armchair detectives) always show all their cards. Instead of releasing the photo then ask the dick to clarify i.e. come up with an excuse within 30 days, they should ask him straight, "So we know your friend borrowed you the last watch, but have you ever worn or displayed another valuable watch that has not been declared?" He says "no" and then, and only then, do you show the photo.

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

Wonder if he'll be given a gold watch on his retirement.

I always used to think that a watch or a clock as a retirement present was an obscenity.

If it was someone on a meagre pension who was virtually stuck at home, I could see them staring at the hands of that clock day after day, watching the seconds count towards their demise.

well he needs to explain where his money comes from

it seems that he is a fine example of what is wrong in this country

I once thought that Chan (O) cha was going to be the man that changed Thai history and seriously dealt with Thailand's endemic corruption but here we are 3 years down the road

Other countries in the region have already dealt with massive corruption with severe penalties, even China is going at it head on, it seems that Prayut Chan (O) cha doesn't have the stomach for it after all, he's more interested in messing up tourism and people enjoying themselves than dealing with the blatant thieves that are robbing the Thai people and the country.

What is he doing about the sacked National Park chiefs that have very obviously been enriching themselves for years to the tune of Billions of Baht..............oh wait maybe there are connections that need to remain hidden

This country is really a lost cause, there are no hero's willing to step up and deal with the massive corruption, it seems there is only one way to sort it............I will remain silent on that for now

8 hours ago, smedly said:

it seems that he is a fine example of what is wrong in this country

I once thought that Chan (O) cha was going to be the man that changed Thai history and seriously dealt with Thailand's endemic corruption but here we are 3 years down the road

Other countries in the region have already dealt with massive corruption with severe penalties, even China is going at it head on, it seems that Prayut Chan (O) cha doesn't have the stomach for it after all, he's more interested in messing up tourism and people enjoying themselves than dealing with the blatant thieves that are robbing the Thai people and the country.

What is he doing about the sacked National Park chiefs that have very obviously been enriching themselves for years to the tune of Billions of Baht..............oh wait maybe there are connections that need to remain hidden

This country is really a lost cause, there are no hero's willing to step up and deal with the massive corruption, it seems there is only one way to sort it............I will remain silent on that for now

Started to be very clear around the time they got the idea to build the park in Hua Hin...

Fight against corruption = arrest and hold anyone from the other side of the divide while pocketing as much as they can themselves... 

I did not like the rice scheme and other policies from Yingluck but at least political opposition was there to open people eyes on the bad practices...

With this lot, they might have pocketed even more than the total amount of the rice scheme, but, man, do they hide it well... 

Care for a watch? :whistling:

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"At the beginning of time, the clock struck one. A drop of dew, and the clock struck two. From the dew grew a tree, and the clock struck three. Then the tree made a door, and the clock struck four." - The Railway Man (2013)

Time for Prawit to walk out that door?