More signs of ‘mission creep’ from junta

webfact

16 minutes ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Mission creep. I suppose that is what happens with a military dictatorship, you can creep all you want.Good article, especially the part about being unqualified to run the country. There is enormous damage being done to the country's economy, reputation and standing. Stand by for new record tourist numbers, record exports, number one spot on all sorts of desirable top tens, etc.

Bloomberg’s Nasreen Seria reports on Thailand’s GDP data.

Thailand’s economy grew faster than economists estimated last quarter and is on track for a strong year in 2018, underpinned by a pick-up in exports and booming tourism.

but the TV keyboard warriors would try to have us believe otherwise  ....   :cheesy:

Edited by steven100

On 12/26/2017 at 11:44 PM, YetAnother said:

people here have been predicting this for 3+ years;

the country is lost;

sure for our lifetimes

I would say ... gone ahead in leaps & bounds by the confirmed GDP figures.
How wrong you can be .....     maybe only lost in your eyes.

Thailand’s economy grew faster than economists estimated last quarter and is on track for a strong year in 2018, underpinned by a pick-up in exports and booming tourism.

47 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

You are right Steven.  The wealthy have never had it so good, except for that mishandling of labor that left the docks and other key industries abandoned while Cambodians and Burmese ran in Terror.  Malaysia had the exact same problem, but handled it much better.  The average Thai is not sharing in this growth, just the 30 of so families that run Thailand.  They are doing great.   

This is it: Yet another government telling their skint population just how well the economy is doing. Gives them something to listen to while they are ferreting in the back of the sofa for any loose change...

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

but the TV keyboard warriors would try to have us believe otherwise  ....   :cheesy:

on figures supplied by whom? 

9 minutes ago, Blackheart1916 said:

on figures supplied by whom? 

Many government authorities worldwide. http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2017/08/24/economic-growth-in-thailand-gains-momentum & https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-20/thailand-s-economic-growth-beats-forecasts-as-exports-rise.

but the TV warriors who know all ... try to have us believe the opposite ...  :coffee1:

The Junta is in charge and Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is succeeding in making Thailand's economy grow at a better rate than it has been for years.

On 29/12/2017 at 7:59 AM, steven100 said:

Many government authorities worldwide. http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2017/08/24/economic-growth-in-thailand-gains-momentum & https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-20/thailand-s-economic-growth-beats-forecasts-as-exports-rise.

but the TV warriors who know all ... try to have us believe the opposite ...  :coffee1:

The Junta is in charge and Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is succeeding in making Thailand's economy grow at a better rate than it has been for years.

Yes I see the links but my question is who supplied the info and figures to the world bank, Bloomberg etc (none of whom I trust, by the way). There have been cases before of countries inflating figures to show better performance than what is actually happening. 

On 12/26/2017 at 8:50 AM, 12DrinkMore said:

If the "creep" continues, how much longer before articles like that are banned?

They would be in a Thai language paper, nobody reads the Nation anyway

Edited by Orton Rd

1 hour ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Yes I see the links but my question is who supplied the info and figures to the world bank, Bloomberg etc (none of whom I trust, by the way). There have been cases before of countries inflating figures to show better performance than what is actually happening. 

The figures are accurate,that's not the issue. The issue is that Thailand performs around only half of the GDP growth of comparable Asian developing and emerging economies since the Junta took over.

1 minute ago, candide said:

The figures are accurate,that's not the issue. The issue is that Thailand performs around only half of the GDP growth of comparable Asian developing and emerging economies since the Junta took over.

The growth rate is quite a lot better now then with YL in power, you can look it up. Does not mean I don't want elections. Just stating facts.

59 minutes ago, robblok said:

The growth rate is quite a lot better now then with YL in power, you can look it up. Does not mean I don't want elections. Just stating facts.

It's not true. If you calculate the average growth in 2012-2013 you get a figure of around 5% (I exclude 2011 because of the flood). Check the figures on the IMF website. And the diference with other comparable countries was lower.

Edited by candide

As usual, nayers don't like to hear the truth if it's not in their favor. 

Thailand's economy is robust and is expected to be even better in 2018.

With all the new development and projects started it's not hard to see why.

This government is the best thing that has happened to Thailand and one can only hope it continues for years to come which at a guess will be the case.

Image result for pics of Khun Prayuth chan o cha