Tony Blair warns British voters: time is running out to stop Brexit folly

webfact

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, carmine said:

So, all in all the biggest case made for another referendum is that people who didn't like the result don't want to accept it!!!  

...., as Farage has promised before the referendum. Very convincing argument :w00t:.

Brexiteerts like to forget what their "darlings" had  promised.

Just now, carmine said:

So, all in all the biggest case made for another referendum is that people who didn't like the result don't want to accept it!!!  

Another 'immediate' referendum - yes, that's the thinking....

But I can see a good case for another referendum on the 'final deal' - as long as it includes the option 'deal rejected, leave immediately, with no payment to the EU'.

That should concentrate wonderfully the minds of the negotiators to coming up with a genuinely acceptable deal, as opposed to a 'leave in name only (whilst paying a lot more)......

5 minutes ago, puck2 said:

...., as Farage has promised before the referendum. Very convincing argument :w00t:.

Brexiteerts like to forget what their "darlings" had  promised.

Whilst I agree that Farage had promised to keep fighting for another future referendum if the vote had been 'remain' - I've no doubt he was saying that the fight would continue (how many years did it take to get this referendum?), and that those who voted leave wouldn't have called for another referendum IMMEDIATELY if the vote hadn't gone their way.....

5 hours ago, carmine said:

At the end of the day no one knows yet whether leaving europe will turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Time will tell and in the meantime, the British people have spoken and their wished must be acknowledged as part of a democratic referendum.

Only the extreme arrogance of Mr Blair allows him to carry on in this matter although rather ironically, because he is so hated and despised in the country all his waffling will do is improve the support for Brexit.  A man so loathed, a liar and a war criminal will do nothing to further the cause of reneging on the democratic wishes of the people and frankly rather than giving him media airspace they should be packing him off the The Hague to stand trial.

Whatever some Brits may call him.....concede that everybody can change. Myself I was supporting IRA for a long time. However fighting is not a way for reunification if you want to live in peace with the same people you tried to kill.

Sure you can say if one door is closed another door will open. But what if there are only exit doors?

Anyway I wish you would not judge as harsh over a man you don't know but only read about.

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

Whatever some Brits may call him.....concede that everybody can change. Myself I was supporting IRA for a long time. However fighting is not a way for reunification if you want to live in peace with the same people you tried to kill.

Sure you can say if one door is closed another door will open. But what if there are only exit doors?

Anyway I wish you would not judge as harsh over a man you don't know but only read about.

Thought he changed his religion....

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Foreigners don't seem to get it.  Its done, the vote has taken place.  We are a functioning democracy that has voted and decided to leave.  There will be "no second referendum" despite whatever the lying war criminal says.  And it matters neither what any newspaper says.  Our law dictates one referendum and thats final.  

Pesky foreigners, having an opinion, eh...

Oh, just one other thing: Which law is that?

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Its a done deal, the people have voted.  Its only Blair and a few others that keep barking on about it.  Even pro europeans acknowledge the decision whether they like it or not.  

There cannot be another referendum and there will not.  How many times must the British government keep reiterating this?

Why can there not be another referendum?

18 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

A very illuminating post by you.  Please don't ever bother to reply, reply in any way to any of my post again.

15 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Pesky foreigners, having an opinion, eh...

Oh, just one other thing: Which law is that?

What have foreigners got to do with a UK referendum exactly?  They would be better off minding their own business.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

What have foreigners got to do with a UK referendum exactly?  They would be better off minding their own business.

You do understand how a public forum like this operates don’t you?

Anyway...got an answer to my earlier question?

27 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Not sure that 'kudos' is the right term for someone admitting they 'supported the IRA for a long time'.  Respect doesn't work either, but I'm impressed that you'd admit to supporting the organisation.

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You do understand how a public forum like this operates don’t you?

Anyway...got an answer to my earlier question?

If you had bothered to read all my posts relating you would clearly see that i held my hands up to having got that wrong.  Please stop wasting my time.

20 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

then it would the best for you to leave this forum. How about that?

That is not for you to decide.  

However,  i have asked you politely not to respond to my posts as i have no wish to have any form of correspondence with you.  Take a polite hint.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

If you had bothered to read all my posts relating you would clearly see that i held my hands up to having got that wrong.  Please stop wasting my time.

That was the first post I asked you about.

There was another of yours I asked about, the one saying there cannot be another referendum.

In case you missed it, let me ask again...the reason there cannot be another referendum is?

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

There was another of yours I asked about, the one saying there cannot be another referendum.

In case you missed it, let me ask again...the reason there cannot be another referendum is?

Thats the one i was referring to.  

And you're asking the same question twice!!

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Of course there can be another referendum!  Just not on exactly the same question, immediately!

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

The question I have asked twice is the one I posed you in post 189. 

You have yet to answer it. 

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Of course there can be another referendum!  Just not on exactly the same question, immediately!

Its the same one i i quite clearly answered it.  Maybe not directly to you  but same answer to question from someone else!!!  Read my posts, stop wasting my time.

21 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its the same one i i quite clearly answered it.  Maybe not directly to you  but same answer to question from someone else!!!  Read my posts, stop wasting my time.

Ah, one does love brexiteer logic: I answered someone else's question, so that answered yours. 

Help me out here, which post of yours answered the question I asked in post 189? 

On 1/4/2018 at 11:34 AM, smedly said:

how this man cannot see how much hate exists towards him is beyond me, he would have been better fading away and not drawing attention, he should be in jail 

wonder who is sponsoring his anti brexit rhetoric

Blair is one (of many) off Soros ponces! - *********  *******  **********   * = foul language

46 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not sure that 'kudos' is the right term for someone admitting they 'supported the IRA for a long time'.  Respect doesn't work either, but I'm impressed that you'd admit to supporting the organisation.

As I said there are many peaceful ways to walk the long line of reunification. To support the IRA mind in former century doesn't mean to kill somebody personally. Many did. On both sides. Sad and cruel and many innocent died. However in our days I support Sinn Féin which will make more sense to me. However, I crossed obviously the red line for a STAR MEMBER.......To forgive and forget is for some people not an attitude they are famous for.

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

How so?

Because it was agreed upon by all that there would be one referendum and that result would be binding .

If there were to be another referendum and the result went the other way , what then ?

Another referendum after that , to make it the best out of 3 ?

Archived