Tony Blair warns British voters: time is running out to stop Brexit folly

webfact

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Did you learn your personal insults at uni?

59 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

We always knew them as chinless wonders

'Chinless wonders' is a derogatory reference to so-called upper-class twits who have supposedly secured advancement through class position and no reference at all to individual educational study or achievement. Probably could twin up with some of the know-nothing Brexiteers on this thread. Another typical example here of intellectual laziness which cannot even be bothered to check the meaning and significance of references used.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, I have stated I support the right for others to exercise their democratic right to call for a referendum.

I have no problem with another one being held if that is what happens.

I equally have no problems if one is not held. 

Do not tell me what I have said. 

I have answered quite clearly what i feel. Without resorting to insults and snide asides either. 

If you want to know why they feel a referendum is justified, ask them. 

In Post 95 you state that you support the RIGHT for one to occur, NOT as you now claim just the right to call for one, rather different dont you know

The ONE that was under discussion was the referendum

I still want to know why you support the right as regards a MINORITY against A MAJORITY

For someone who has an excellent degree in politics you must have been absent on the day DEMOCRACY was on the agenda

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

'Chinless wonders' is a derogatory reference to so-called upper-class twits who have supposedly secured advancement through class position and no reference at all to individual educational study or achievement. Probably could twin up with some of the know-nothing Brexiteers on this thread. Another typical example here of intellectual laziness which cannot even be bothered to check the meaning and significance of references used.

Please don't quote something I have nothing to do with, intelligent people don't need to succumb to personal insults!

19 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

In Post 95 you state that you support the RIGHT for one to occur, NOT as you now claim just the right to call for one, rather different dont you know

The ONE that was under discussion was the referendum

I still want to know why you support the right as regards a MINORITY against A MAJORITY

For someone who has an excellent degree in politics you must have been absent on the day DEMOCRACY was on the agenda

No, not different at all.

It is a legal for one to occur and I support that right.

If it happened I would be ok with that.

If it doesn’t happen I’m equally fine with that. 

I am not calling for one. However I do support the rights of those calling for one. 

I do not understand the brexiteer fear and loathing and castigation of those who call for one.

It is their right and I support this.

I do this because it is a democratic right they have. 

Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Edit: If you are the majority, why do you fear one?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2018 at 7:52 PM, Bluespunk said:

Me?

I’ve always said brexit was stupid, but I accepted the outcome of the vote. 

I’ve never called for another vote. 

I just support the right for one to occur. 

And the right for people to call for one, especially as the result was so close. 

There it is, and as they say in Sheff now will you be said

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That doesn’t answer my question. 

Its probably stuck in the queue behind mine.  I have no problem with the fact you support the right for a call for a new referendum, bearing in mind how we arrived at this present situation that's your decision.  That call would be ignored as there is no good reason for one, at the PRESENT time anyway, plus it would make a mockery of an already made via the ballot box democratic decision

The problem I have Bluespunk is why you support the right for a new referendum by a beaten MINORITY I really cant make it any simpler, if you continue to evade the question I will just put it down to experience and withdraw

• Like 1

Just now, oldlakey said:

Its probably stuck in the queue behind mine

I have no problem with the fact you support the right for a call for a new referendum, bearing in mind how we arrived at this present situation thats your decision

That call would be ignored as there is no good reason for one, at the PRESENT time anyway, plus it would make a mockery of an already made via the ballot box democratic decision

The problem I have Bluespunk is why you support the right for a new referendum by a beaten MINORITY

I really cant make it any simpler, if you continue to evade the question I will just put it down to experience and withdraw

No, I support the right for those who wish to call for a referendum to do so. My position has not changed. 

I would have no problem if it occurred, I have no problem if it doesn’t. 

I am evading nothing. 

Why is it a mockery to call for a referendum? Who decides what is a good reason to deny people their democratic rights?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No, I support the right for those who wish to call for a referendum to do so. My position has not changed. 

I am evading nothing. 

Why is it a mockery to call for a referendum? Who decides what is a good reason to deny people their democratic rights?

Bluespunk I do know what you are saying

But we have had one referendum and there was a clear winner. What is the reason for having another referendum at this stage apart from I WANT.  In a democracy the MAJORITY rules and that must be held sacrosanct  We all had a chance to exercise our democratic rights at the ballot box nobody has been denied them, we should now respect the result, until the next installment of this journey.   To even contemplate another referendum at this moment would be a mockery in my opinion  What happens in the future remains to be seen I am going to leave it at that  I will say goodnight to you 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Bluespunk I do know what you are saying

But we have had one referendum and there was a clear winner

What is the reason for having another referendum at this stage apart from I WANT

In a democracy the MAJORITY rules and that must be held sacrosanct

We all had a chance to exercise our democratic rights at the ballot box nobody has been denied them, we should now respect the result, until the next installment of this journey 

To even contemplate another referendum at this moment would be a mockery in my opinion

What happens in the future remains to be seen

I am going to leave it at that

I will say goodnight to you 

I’m not calling for a referendum. 

I have never called for one. 

If you want to know the reasons for having one,  ask those who are calling for one. 

I didnt vote in the last one, as I feel it would be wrong to vote on an issue such as this, unless you live in the country concerned. 

Of course, I do not criticise others who choose to do so. I have friends who did. 

It was their democratic right to do so. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Can you explain your deep insight?

You really have to ask why someone who makes up a graph alleging people's view on a complicated and politically charged term like "national identity" can be correlated directly to their IQ does not deserve to have his or her IQ slammed in return? If you can't understand that, then you must be the kind of person who would post a graph like that. Oh, wait a minute, you are exactly that kind of person. I think it's time for you to return to Mordor for some R&R.

Edited by ilostmypassword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Propaganda targets the least intelligent.

What about those believing religious propaganda, or do they get a pass?

And those believing the BBC/CNN/MSM propaganda. 

Edited by Arth

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I am evading nothing. 

Well, there is one good reason to oppose a second referendum.

Nigel Farage was in favor it back when.

24 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, there is one good reason to oppose a second referendum.

Nigel Farage was in favor it back when.

You will never get a response from the Brexiteers re Farage demanding a subsequent referendum if the vote wasn't agreeable to him. That would require a little bit of intellectual integrity.

37 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

You will never get a response from the Brexiteers re Farage demanding a subsequent referendum if the vote wasn't agreeable to him. That would require a little bit of intellectual integrity.

If were to have said that , I would still have the same opinion .

You agree with Farage , I disagree with him on that issue

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

There was a response ages ago - I can't remember who posted it - maybe me. But it was already known that Farage had said this in advance. However, the respondent said that this was just one voice out of a very few with similar views but that a rerun was not expected by the vast majority of leavers, if the vote had been to remain. I include myself in that majority (who were prepared to accept the result, whatever it was).   

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You're defending your "democratic right" from what threat, exactly?

The answer to that lies somewhere within the previous 360 Posts   5555555

Keep your sense of humour within arms reach, if you decide to go looking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 4 January 2018 at 11:52 AM, Bluespunk said:

Me?

I’ve always said brexit was stupid, but I accepted the outcome of the vote. 

I’ve never called for another vote. 

I just support the right for one to occur. 

And the right for people to call for one, especially as the result was so close. 

You mean like a football match if you loose by one you replay?  Prey tell how many time would you envisage doing this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Norvabc said:

You mean like a football match if you loose by one you replay?  Prey tell how many time would you envisage doing this. 

Nothing like a football match.

Ridiculous analogy.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way...I've never called for another vote...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1