23 year old Brit fighting for life after mysteriously falling from 4th floor in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

That doesn't link to the OP article...

"Ooops... Error 404

Sorry, but the page you are looking for doesn't exist"

Edited by Just Weird

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

However, before we work ourselves up into the usual frenzy, one commentard on Pattaya One says,

You complete bunch on idiots, let's just clarify a few things,
1) this was over 2 weeks 
agon so I think you need improve your reporting - this guy has already flown back home.
2) There was no investigation as it was not suspicious.
3) He is not in critical condition - all he suffered was a broken arm he was in 
hospital for 24 hours and then released.

Maybe members should question why TVF  just posted the report.     Slow?

Regardless,  I think there's a good chance of neurological damage.     I don't care what Pattaya One says even if it is rated as one of the top journal sites in the world.     Sometimes they err.

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

Do the quote marks suggest something other than a fall?  If he had died it would have been easily labelled 'suicide' by the police.

Why oh why the continued cynicism over the police here. Its in their interests to find out what happens with these falls.

The reality is and in 99% of cases these people are pissed as rats (or sleep walking) when they go over these balconies. They are nowhere near the height we expect back home

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Why oh why the continued cynicism over the police here. Its in their interests to find out what happens with these falls.

The reality is and in 99% of cases these people are pissed as rats (or sleep walking) when they go over these balconies. They are nowhere near the height we expect back home

What height do I expect back home?

I've  never fallen off a balcony but those  slippery tiles placed everywhere  are a stand alone killer for sure.

Sorry,  I digress.

How high,  please?

I keep hearing this short balcony stuff? My condo in South Pattaya is not in the least short. I'm 5'10 inches and the top rail is mid abdomen hitting about my first or second rib. Even drink I don't think I could accidentally fall over.

26 minutes ago, JRUSA said:

I keep hearing this short balcony stuff? My condo in South Pattaya is not in the least short. I'm 5'10 inches and the top rail is mid abdomen hitting about my first or second rib. Even drink I don't think I could accidentally fall over.

am sure many are but in 2 of the hotels I stayed these last few years they were no higher than waist on me or even lower albeit I'm tall

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

However, before we work ourselves up into the usual frenzy, one commentard on Pattaya One says,

You complete bunch on idiots, let's just clarify a few things,
1) this was over 2 weeks 
agon so I think you need improve your reporting - this guy has already flown back home.
2) There was no investigation as it was not suspicious.
3) He is not in critical condition - all he suffered was a broken arm he was in 
hospital for 24 hours and then released.

Well you just blew there sensational story right out the window JSixpack  well done

42 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Ot did not pay for the lady boy or Thai lady they brought back to the room

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Maybe members should question why TVF  just posted the report.     Slow?

Only if they're slow to figure out that TVF is simply reporting, and promptly enough, PattayaOne's reporting on this news item. If you're not fully satisfied, TVF will offer you a full refund of your subscription fees.

Regardless,  I think there's a good chance of neurological damage.     I don't care what Pattaya One says even if it is rated as one of the top journal sites in the world.     Sometimes they err.

Thaivisa reports that the victim has recovered and a commentard reports that the victim suffered only a broken arm. You may believe he hasn't if you wish, of course; thank you for sharing.

Nor did Pattaya One or Thaivisa make any predictions whatsoever re: hitherto undiscovered damage of any kind, so in reality you can have no disagreement with either on that point, though again you're quite free to believe that you do.

Edited by JSixpack

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Only if they're slow to figure out that TVF is simply reporting, and promptly enough, PattayaOne's reporting on this news item. If you're not fully satisfied, TVF will offer you a full refund of your subscription fees.

Thaivisa reports that the victim has recovered. You may believe he hasn't if you wish, of course; thank you for sharing.

Nor did Pattaya One or Thaivisa make any predictions whatsoever re: hitherto undiscovered damage of any kind, so in reality you can have no disagreement with either on that point, though again you're quite free to believe that you do.

Thanks for that through head's up six.

TVF  is on the list.

43 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Ot did not pay for the lady boy or Thai lady they brought back to the room

Thats clearly ridiculous nobody but nobody committs murder for what £30-£40  !!   They call their mates to assist not lob people off balconies

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

23yr old's don't mysteriously fall from high rise balconies.   This smells fishy.

I would look at where he was drinking and who's toes did he stand on ....  :whistling:

I think you may be right whilst checking his fishyness he collapsed and fell .:passifier:

the construction of balcony railings in thailand is something to be desired, the height is built for people of a smaller frame which i haven't had any trouble with, my concern is the embedding of the rail into the building structure.the steel used is paper thin and where it goes into the concrete is liable to rust out in no time and giving way if any weight is applied. they should be attached to the building with a plate welded to the rail and dyna bolted to the wall.this saves on maintenance and is much safer.  it is much worse where it is affected by salt air around sea side resorts.

17 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

i am lucky i am scared of heights so i always take the ground floor 

That would work

A few words of caution though, watch out for falling foreign bodies on entry and exit

Can be somewhat worst than finding them in your soup

23 hours ago, mikebell said:

Do the quote marks suggest something other than a fall?  If he had died it would have been easily labelled 'suicide' by the police.

"If he had died it would have been easily labelled 'suicide' by the police." And that would be par for the course. :post-4641-1156693976:

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

I agree with you . I was recently on the 5th floor of a Thai hotel and went on to the balcony and the concrete balustrade came up to my pubic bone (being polite ) so about 800 - 850 mm . What made it worse was the balusters were set on top of a concrete plinth that was stepable and 150 mm high .  . Looking down to the ground gave me the shivers . I have been known to sleep walk so after locking the door I put the table and chairs against the door and also kept the toilet light on so if I woke in the night for a pee I would see the  bathroom .  

There does not appear to be any Thai regulations  controlling rail heights or if there is they need updating . Australian regs state  1 meter and the UK 1.1 meter . The Thai authorities and hoteliers do not appear to be concerned about the dangers to the taller foreign tourists despite the regular fatalities .  A  single horizontal rail fixed above existing balcony rails would be an easy solution . I do not think that 1.1 meters is high enough  , 1.4 meters would cover all to a much safer aspect and remove much of the speculation on suicide .