Yingluck may get special UK treatment

rooster59

2 hours ago, hhinhh said:

Facing winter in UK is already punishment while UK pesioners enjoy the warm Thai weather. A bit justice at least.

Suns shining lovely day today with no mosquitoes biting and no idiots killing themselves and others on the roads every few minutes. You know its not so bad and I have not seen any pesioners anywhere as we have only pensioners in the UK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

She has a lotta money,so she will get preferential treatment in UK,

just like all those Oligarchs,but you try to take your wife, G/f there, 

barriers are raised.

regards Worgeordie

Pray tell what are those barriers you speak off

I brought my wife here and found no barriers, She loves it here and would not go back as she says this word freedom is impossible to find backhome, they even try to tell you what to think there.

Now Worgeordie I have read many of your posts and they give the impression you have a bird in every bedroom from Chang Mi to Hau Hin, so maybe that many wive's would not be acceptable in the UK so make up your mind which one and try again, you will find it much nicer in the UK.

The article says she may have done this and she may be doing that.  It is all speculation the same as it was speculation whether it was her in London at all.  I don't believe for one minute that she would granted asylum in the UK.  Her brother wasn't when he tried so why would she?  I think she is probably happily shacked up with her brother in Dubai and will by now have a Montenegro passport just like him.

8 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Enjoy the lovely weather. 

She probably is as it really sunny today, but the weather is not the problem in the UK or the Government telling lies that see people banged up for 30 years just for telling the truth. But then she will probably love not having to do border runs and paperwork every 90 days so the locals can squeeze more cash out of you.>>>>>>>> I know I do.

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes, after all she only ever allowed her criminal brother to use her as a pretty puppet whilst he illegally ran the government as a non elected fugitive. 

Poor B.B. That recurring Thaksin’s bad dream even after 3.5 years. 

12 hours ago, Happy enough said:

flat? you mean his mansion in Mayfair? The Shinawatras already own a load of property there if I remember correctly, a massive townhouse also around Mayfair and an estate in Surrey. Anyway, let's just forget about Boy now, he isn't coming back for a long time *and neither is she

Yeah and farangs in Thailand can't own a bean, work that one out !

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Doesn't mean that he got no UK passport in the meantime, just some pocket money as investment

Investments in property I do believe.

UK passport, I cannot believe or he would be living in the UK which is a far nicer country than Dubai.

27 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

She probably is as it really sunny today, but the weather is not the problem in the UK or the Government telling lies that see people banged up for 30 years just for telling the truth. But then she will probably love not having to do border runs and paperwork every 90 days so the locals can squeeze more cash out of you.>>>>>>>> I know I do.

If you were doing border runs every three months then you weren't actually living in Thailand at all.  I renewed my visa once a year at immigration.  So did all the ex-pats I knew.  I did the occasional border run to stock up on booze and cheap DVD's but that was nothing to do with immigration.

39 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

I brought my wife here and found no barriers, She loves it here and would not go back as she says this word freedom is impossible to find backhome, they even try to tell you what to think there.

Now Worgeordie I have read many of your posts and they give the impression you have a bird in every bedroom from Chang Mi to Hau Hin, so maybe that many wive's would not be acceptable in the UK so make up your mind which one and try again, you will find it much nicer in the UK.

One barrier is that to take my wife to the UK I have to prove an income of £18,600 and not a penny less. My son, being dual nationality should get in for free. If he was Thai only I would have to find an extra £2,600.

She then has to live in the UK for 5 years before applying for citizenship and also pass language tests. If I should die before the 5 years are up she will be deported back to Thailand, though my son could stay as his step brother is English.

Like Yingluck, if you have loadsa money there is no big problem.

48 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

I have only done a couple of border runs in the last 10 years and that was because I screwed up. The 90 day report is anywhere between 83 and 97 days and as I go to Khampaeng Phet once a month for bulk shopping it isn't a problem anyway. No, they don't squeeze any cash out of me either.

37 minutes ago, the guest said:

Yeah and farangs in Thailand can't own a bean, work that one out !

i worked it out ages ago mate. thailand got it right and the UK got it wrong. and you can own a bean mate. i think you're even aloud to own a whole can of them

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Your experience of taking your wife to UK,is not what many others trying to do the same

thing are finding as easy to do as yourself.

You must be confusing me with someone else,regarding how many wives i have,if only i had the stamina,

I have had the current one for 30 years,and she's enough ,more than enough for me.and no i will not find

it better in the UK,don't think i could survive a British winter,i have everything i need here,life is very good, 

will die and be buried here,already have my plot.  good luck to you, enjoying the weather,?wife not complaing

about the freezing cold.?

regards worgeordie

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Yes she does.  I remind you that the former PM was a successful business women long before she entered politics and already had assets in the UK. Here application will be reviewed under the same rules that apply to other applicants in her class (as in political asylum class). She will have an easier time because;

1. Her  history is documented, established and known. There will be no need to significantly vet the  claim of political discrimination as is the case of  the Pakistanis, Nigerians etc. However, she will still be subject to a detailed  indepth investigation of claim.

2. Her ability to support herself, and her education are already established and this  will facilitate an application for longer term residence.

3. She will have multiple letters of support from international organizations and UK responsible parties  which will support her claim.

In simple language, she  has all the boxes checked for her application and is the text book candidate for political asylum.

Malicious lie. The rules were established  decades ago and updated  by sitting parliaments, including Labour, Conservative and Coalition.  The Tory way has no sway in the interpretation of the rules which will be done by a  member of the left leaning public service union. The "Tories" cannot intervene, anymore than Labour could. All they can do is change the rules under which asylum requests are  processed and that takes years to do.

Another malicious falsehood. Why do you lie? What part of the  Refugee Regulations do you not understand? Are you aware that the current rules  for refugee status do not focus on money and assets but are fact based? Wealthy emigres  typically do not make political asylum claims.  Your comment is  so ignorant as to be offensive. Are you even aware that a political refugee claimant opens him/herself up to an in depth review of activity and history greater than that of a normal  immigrant? If you are angry and  embittered about your poor financial state and low social status, look in the mirror and deal with it. Don't make a false statement intended to hurt legitimate political refugees.

Define legitimate political refugee.  Then define fugitive from the justice system. 

9 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

She could/likely already hold a UK passport now. Most countries offer a passport to people who invest/pay enough, the bar is higher in the UK than most places and is about a million pounds...but that's just chunk change for her. Add on to the of that that she was a democratically elected PM that was ousted in a military coup and those generals are still now in charge asking for here whereabout or possible return...dream on, already decided. Just the junta making a few noises for consumption by the media and their peons here. Pfft.

Even if she was going through the process like anyone else (and I bet she isn't) she could drag the process on for years and years...look at how hard it is to get anyone to leave the UK. It took 10 years to deport a convicted hate speaking terrorist like cleric hook-hands to the US. 

She wasn't ousted in a military coup. The government was dissolved prior to that and elections called. 

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

If you were doing border runs every three months then you weren't actually living in Thailand at all.  I renewed my visa once a year at immigration.  So did all the ex-pats I knew.  I did the occasional border run to stock up on booze and cheap DVD's but that was nothing to do with immigration.

Yeah the border run comments are a clear sign of a non or ex resident who still feels the need to comment on everything Thai for some strange reason. 

2 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Immigration laws should be reciprocal between countries (apart from the basket cases). At the moment the are way out of alignment.

Thank god for that.  Thailand has some of the easiest laws in the world.  If they adopted the Aussie approach the wouldn't be too many farangs here. 

Then again that might not be a bad thing. 

Edited by tryasimight

Just out of curiosity, yeah, you know. The one that finally killed that darn cat!:smile:
What is the differens between the home office and the interior ministry? Can it be that you have a name for it and there is another name that represent the same at the international level?
Just a question, as I said. I don´t know anything about it. Just beeing that kind of cat. :smile:

In effect, I guess that there is no difference between The Home Office and an interior ministry! However, being a pedantic Brit, I do like reporting to be accurate and the correct title for the ministry involved in political asylum cases is "The Home Office". But I concede, as the great bard himself put it " What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other word would smell as sweet."

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

She wasn't ousted in a military coup. The government was dissolved prior to that and elections called. 

Elections which were entirely constitutional and legal. Elections which were the proper response to the challenges posed to the government by Suthep and his "great movement". Elections which were frustrated by the criminal activities of Suthep and his 'great movement". Elections which were then forstalled by a military coup which installed a junta government rather than the military acting to ensure the elections ( mandated by the highest authority in the land, an authority to which the military swears allegiance) to be held. Said Junta then prosecuted Yingluck.
That sequence of events on its own is a pretty good justification for her receiving a favourable reception...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, saakura said:

UK will grant asylum to anyone provided they have enough money and assets in the UK. No morals.

You just made that up. You can apply for a visa on the basis of sufficient assets to support yourself. In your case it seems this medium will give you space to air your views even if you have more than enough ignorance.

16 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes but any appeal against a Home Office ruling will be heard by a court and the court will then decide.

But billionaires can simply hire the best lackey's money can buy to make sure it's all smooth as silk. 

Thus the court merely hears appeals and makes decisions based on policy, regulations and laws. They are determined by the government and administered by the Home Office.

Thaksin looked to be wanting to settle in the UK, but despite his potential legal lackey hiring millions, he decided it was more prudent (was pushed?) to move on.... to Germany just quietly for some time, then elsewhere (as I recall) before settling on Dubai.

Edited by Aj Mick

10 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Define legitimate political refugee.  Then define fugitive from the justice system. 

That is for the relevant authorities in the country of application to do.

By going on about going after Yingluck, convicted and sentenced in Thailand for something that is not illegitimate in the UK, the Thai powers that be are strengthening her case for the Home Office to see her as a political refugee.