"Oohoo - horm jang!" - nice smelling "win" helmets set to save lives on Bangkok streets!

webfact

"Oohoo - horm jang!" - nice smelling "win" helmets set to save lives on Bangkok streets!

4pm.jpg

Picture: INN

National police top brass presided over a new constabulary initiative yesterday:

"Clean, nice smelling helmets for motorcycle taxis".

Deputy national chief Wirachai Songmetta was in Pathumwan district as 300 fragrant helmets were handed over free to "win" services in the central Bangkok area.

Wirachai said that the police had been trying to persuade a resistant public to wear helmets for years as it is proven they can reduce injury and death especially in low speed accidents.

One of the big problems has been the unwillingness of pillion passengers on motorcycle taxi services to wear shared helmets - people complain of smells, disease and spoiling hairdos, he said.

Now the cops have got together with the faculty of culture at Chulalongkorn University and private enterprise to try to make a difference.

Some of the constabulary's most attractive female cops were out in force yesterday during the handover reported by INN.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-09

I smell great when I leave the apartment every morning.  Doesn't last long, though.  I suspect it will be the same with the helmets.

to scubascuba3, I'd prefer they just make them with closed cell foam padding and no fabric to absorb sweat and odors.  Then you just have to hose them down or dunk them in a bucket of bleach water, instead of pulling out and washing a removable liner.