<deleted> bar good night spoilt by rip off

daytraderuk99

why do bars rip off good regular customers....<deleted> bar  ...Bill owner good bloke  but out tonite....been here many times no problems,but for some reason decide to give me  change for 500 baht instead of the 1000 baht note i gave them,  (verified 1000 given ....by friends with me)...no joy with cashier insists i gave girl 500 ..  must be  because  3 am and think i am  drunk and wont know.....not bothered about the money  just  disappointing... they have  lost regular  customer and my  friends...advice  double check when giving 1000 note baht payment to any bar

I've removed the identity of said bar due to ThaiVisa's policy of no "name and shame" posts, sorry.

Dem rulze:-

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

OP,

There are no 'good customers' as this story has been repeated regularly for years.  Keep in mind:

1. It takes a 'special' type of person to settle in Pattaya.

2. It takes an even higher degree of 'special' to open a bar in Pattaya.

3. Depending on the length of time and past history, the 'special' qualities will bloom accordingly. 

The distinguishable traits between foreign or Thai owners is meaningless as there are (accordingly to TAT) hundreds more 'customers' arriving daily to take the place of a supposed existing 'good customer'.

4 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

And that Gentlemen is why I take a pocket full of satangs only when I go drinking at the <deleted> bar.

Mamasan gets bored counting and often I pay less than demanded.

Yes, the copious amounts of satang coins clashes with my 300,000 baht gaudy gold necklace but the end result of not getting cheated is worth it.  Seems it's all about risk vs reward on a treacherous night out these days.:laugh:

wig.jpeg

Edited by HLover
photo added

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

It's pretty easy to pay your bill with a 1000 baht note, while making eye contact, and letting the person that is receiving the payment know that both parties know it is a 1000 baht note IMO.

Oh yes!  I'm looking forward to some of the clueless customers to frantically wave their 1,000 thb notes in front of the CCTV cameras and staff before paying, sheer hilariousness.:-):-):-)

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

Oh yes!  I'm looking forward to some of the clueless customers to frantically wave their 1,000 thb notes in front of the CCTV cameras and staff before paying, sheer hilariousness.:-):-):-)

No, you must take a selfie of you and the waitress holding each end of the 1,000bht note.

Strange but true,

In the Philippines the waitress in most bars will hold up any large denomination note and say out loud "I have 1,000 pesos". All business are required, by law, to have video recordings of their entire premises or be shut down. (one of Duterte's better ideas)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I try to avoid using 1000 baht notes as it often leads to an attempted rip off, but sometimes it's unavoidable unless you have a pocket full of 100s. The other night i paid a bar bill with a 1000 and got a pile of 100s in the change, but missing a 100. Lots of farangs maybe wouldn't be bothered to count them all.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

No, you must take a selfie of you and the waitress holding each end of the 1,000bht note.

And the beating by selfie stick will be streamed on Sanook news for all to judge because a 'weapon' was produced at a bar bill dispute.

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Never offer 1,000bht notes to pay your drinks bill, 7-11 is for getting change.

My pal got caught with the 'you only gave us 500bht' scam 9 years back.

Isn't it time he let it lie? I hope he doesn't regale all his neighbours with the story when he sits at a bar.

10 minutes ago, champers said:

Isn't it time he let it lie? I hope he doesn't regale all his neighbours with the story when he sits at a bar.

He had a stroke at age 44, now a semi-invalid and living with his mum in Hungry.

No more bar stool for him.

12 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

And that Gentlemen is why I take a pocket full of satangs only when I go drinking at the <deleted> bar.

Mamasan gets bored counting and often I pay less than demanded.

The bars I attend have a cashier to count the money, not the Mamasan.

I smell a troll

There are bad apples, same as on Thaivisa. I wouldn't use a 500 or 1000 in a bar or gogo. Even in 7-11 i watch them carefully they don't ring up 100 by mistake or on purpose. The other day a girl made a mistake of ringing up 100 and gave me change for a 1000 then saw her mistake and corrected the till

It's pretty easy to pay your bill with a 1000 baht note, while making eye contact, and letting the person that is receiving the payment know that both parties know it is a 1000 baht note IMO.

This is always what I do. Hand the 1,000 baht to the waitress and politely say at the same time '1,000 baht'. This avoids embarrassing the waitress, but who also understands the unspoken message 'I am not stupid and not drunk and will kick up a fuss if you try to rip me off!'

I have never had a problem in getting the correct change.

When paying with a 1000 Baht note , always make sure that your bill is  over 500 Baht , get your bar bill as close to 1000 Baht as you can , theres less chance of getting ripped off and if they do rip you off, it will only be by a small amount

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

When paying with a 1000 Baht note , always make sure that your bill is  over 500 Baht , get your bar bill as close to 1000 Baht as you can , theres less chance of getting ripped off and if they do rip you off, it will only be by a small amount

That's not much help if you only want 1 or 2 beers and only have a 1000 baht note to pay.