Nazi style swastika items showing up more for sale in Pattaya

Jingthing

Citation badly needed.

Somchai is pitching it for now because maybe someone said it was a 'hot' seller at Chatuchak. Then 2 or 3 other stalls will set up selling the same kitch and like pretty much any enterprise in LOS, kill whatever tiny and mostly curious market there was.

The people making this tawdry crap are simply opportunists and the people buying it aren't neo Nazis.

At some point, but probably not in the near future, people just have to get over this.

I call B.S. You're right about the economic motivation. You're obviously wrong to assert the stuff isn't bought by some Nazi fans. Percentage not knowable. Get over it? You don't get to dictate that to others. Especially as Nazi type groups are on the increase in modern times.

Cheers.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Swastika as a symbol is not the problem here , it existed before Hitler. 

It's all the fake SS-stuff, medals, nazi flags , Hitler etc. If farangs want to buy that stuff they are either mad or sympathize with Nazis.

30 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

What is the worst that can happen with tourists buying a bunch of fake tat?

Somehow I don't think genuine nazis( if any still exist) will be getting their merch from Thai stall sellers in Pattaya.

How do you define a "genuine" Nazi? 

If you mean someone that literally was a member of the Nazi party under Adolph Hitler, of course most of them are dead.

But neo-Nazis, Nazi-ish, and Nazi spinoff groups definitely do still exist today and are on the increase in the rise of white nationalist movements in Europe and the USA. 

For example --

http://au.pressfrom.com/news/world/-56183-i-don-t-know-how-you-got-this-way-a-young-neo-nazi-reveals-himself-to-his-family/

"‘I don’t know how you got this way:’ a young neo-Nazi reveals himself to his family"

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/14/564006409/how-andrew-anglin-transformed-from-small-town-boy-to-neo-nazi-standout

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The thing is Hitler actually had some very good ideas which appealed to the masses who were living under hyperinflation and the restrictive covenants of the Treaty of Versailles.

Had he not gone to war, enslaved and killed millions of people, history might have looked differently upon him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

The thing is Hitler actually had some very good ideas which appealed to the masses who were living under hyperinflation and the restrictive covenants of the Treaty of Versailles.

Had he not gone to war, enslaved and killed millions of people, history might have looked differently upon him.

What this thread definitely is not about is inviting people to post about the "nice" qualities of Adolph Hitler. 

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How do you define a "genuine" Nazi? 

If you mean someone that literally was a member of the Nazi party under Adolph Hitler, of course most of them are dead.

But neo-Nazis, Nazi-ish, and Nazi spinoff groups definitely do still exist today and are on the increase in the rise of white nationalist movements in Europe and the USA. 

I would define a real nazi as one who knows the creed back and forth and is prepared to carry out violence for that creed.

And, like I said, a genuine nazi is unlikely to buy fake nazi merch from a stall in pattaya.

I don't believe nazis are on the rise, I've been hearing that my whole life, if it was true the whole world be full of nazis by now, if anything I would say there has been a huge decline.

Is nazi merch illegal in the states?

9 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Yes, he was a nice chap who was misunderstood.

Here is a list of his "very good ideas"

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/dumb-saying/:whistling:

14 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

I would define a real nazi as one who knows the creed back and forth and is prepared to carry out violence for that creed.

And, like I said, a genuine nazi is unlikely to buy fake nazi merch from a stall in pattaya.

I don't believe nazis are on the rise, I've been hearing that my whole life, if it was true the whole world be full of nazis by now, if anything I would say there has been a huge decline.

Is nazi merch illegal in the states?

You can choose not to believe it. I believe you are wrong but you may be right if you're talking only about your orthodox definition of a Nazi. To me, neo-Nazis are Nazis too and of course so many decades after Hitler, that's what we have now -- Neo-Nazis and related types. Neo-Nazis sometimes don't even use Hitlerian symbols but alter them in cheeky ways. 

Just one current example --

"The Rise Of Neo-Nazis In Poland: An Epidemic

18 Feb, 2018  in Europe by Kathleen Stone (updated 1 day ago)

According to Buzzfeed News and Polish news outlet, Gazeta Wyborcza, neo-Nazis from around the world are planning a multinational music festival in Poland honouring the week of Adolf Hitler’s birthday in April."

http://theowp.org/reports/the-rise-of-neo-nazis-in-poland-an-epidemic/

Nazi merch in the U.S. is not the topic here. It was already addressed here though. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 2/24/2018 at 9:40 AM, Fish Head Soup said:

You have been reading the real history.  

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

"The Rise Of Neo-Nazis In Poland: An Epidemic

18 Feb, 2018  in Europe by Kathleen Stone (updated 1 day ago)

According to Buzzfeed News and Polish news outlet, Gazeta Wyborcza, neo-Nazis from around the world are planning a multinational music festival in Poland honouring the week of Adolf Hitler’s birthday in April."

http://theowp.org/reports/the-rise-of-neo-nazis-in-poland-an-epidemic/

Seems too good an opportunity to miss, so many gathered in one place. Just one well placed bomb could do so much good.

• Like 1

If it wasn't for the old films from the war we could risk a whole generation to forget what happened . Fortunately most of it has been recorded so we will never forget.  Most schools teach the kids about WW2, but not so much in Thailand. 

If you buy nazi stuff and don't know whats it all about I can forgive you , maybe Thais or other Asians would do that. But if you grew up in the west and learned all there is to know about WW2 and the Nazis and still buy it , well then you are a lost case. 

My Norwegian grand dad who worked for the resistance movement from 1940-45 would ask me questions about if the world has gone mad for sure. 

• Like 2

I don't agree with Nazi but people have the right to follow any idealology they want.  As long as they are not hurting others or acting out in a crminal manner.

Unfortunately, the world has not changed as much as some think.

Many outward and I bet closet followers of Nazism still exist in this world.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I don't agree with Nazi but people have the right to follow any idealology they want.  As long as they are not hurting others or acting out in a crminal manner.

We will always have nutters...Take ISIS for example...

16 hours ago, balo said:

If it wasn't for the old films from the war we could risk a whole generation to forget what happened . Fortunately most of it has been recorded so we will never forget.  Most schools teach the kids about WW2, but not so much in Thailand. 

If you buy nazi stuff and don't know whats it all about I can forgive you , maybe Thais or other Asians would do that. But if you grew up in the west and learned all there is to know about WW2 and the Nazis and still buy it , well then you are a lost case. 

My Norwegian grand dad who worked for the resistance movement from 1940-45 would ask me questions about if the world has gone mad for sure. 

We have seen war films, but nothing has been learned, they are still at it, and brewing it up daily.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, Jingthing said:

Nazis aren't only from history.

Indeed, explicit modern neo-Nazis that direct adopt Hitlerian graphics and obvious cheeky copy Nazis are on the rise in Europe, the USA, and more weirdly even Russia. 

If the other parties didn't have policies that a lot of citizens hate they wouldn't vote for the ones that you don't like. This is a result of some parties deciding they can force everyone to accept what THEY want and democracy doesn't work like that. Entirely due to center left parties going full on left.

Happened recently in a country we both know, when the left side of politics thought they had a right to disregard half the population. Were rather rude about them too, and referred to them in uncomplimentary terms. How did that work out?

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, Jingthing said:

People are free to contact Royal Garden to share their opinions, pro or con, about the Nazi/Hitler merch for sale in front of their business. I reckon they might be interested to hear from the public about this. Their public isn't only Thais. It's also international tourists and expats. 

When tourists start demonstrating in front of the mall they might do something about it. So, as you feel so strongly about it why don't you organise a demonstration?

Then, you will know exactly how much support you have for your viewpoint.

• Like 1

The Nazi ideology is very much in favor of hurting people. So what you're saying it seems is your OK with non practicing Nazis. Talking the talk but not walking the bloody walk. That's legal in most countries including Thailand. Of course no country can criminalize private beliefs.

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Nazi ideology is very much in favor of hurting people. So what you're saying it seems is your OK with non practicing Nazis. Talking the talk but not walking the bloody walk. That's legal in most countries including Thailand. Of course no country can criminalize private beliefs.

You understate the actuality. Naziism was about killing people in their millions.

16 hours ago, balo said:

Resistance

The German and NS-Norwegian occupation regime met with resistance. From a spontaneous, staggering and rather splendid start, resistance evolved into a broad movement of people. The "home front" was the common name of the contemporary, while at the same time the "home front" could embrace all non-Nazi society.

One major trend in the development was the branch in a civil and military resistance movement. The civilian arose in 1941-1942 as a series of protest actions against the Nazi regime's nazification campaign, reaching a high point with the struggle of the teachers, parents and church against youth services and the Teachers' Union. In 1943-1944, the civilian resistance struggle focused on the national work effort.

The military part of the resistance movement, "milorg", was built as a secret emergency organization, which was supposed to be in action by the final liberation, but as the last war year also caused some tampering and liquidation. When milorg the last war year for the first time received weapons, military equipment, instructors and radiotelegraphists to a large extent and now also sabotaged, it came to dominate the overall resistance image.

A civil and military resistance management was gradually established, which in 1943 found together, and the following year it was over the London radio and in the illegal press announced that there was a home front management. The civilian resistance management was quite independent of the government, while the military was subject to the Armed Forces Command in London, and the cooperation became more intimate with the military authorities.

Intelligence organizations such as XU, illegal press and flight organizations formed their own parts of the resistance movement. In a special position, the Norwegian Communist Party, which continued as a party with its own resistance policy. From the turn of 1941/42 and the rest of the war, the party was in principle in favor of sabotage and the guerrilla war being the main form of the struggle for resistance and the work itself to implement the tampering policy. The party never gained access to home-based management as desired

standard_norge_historie_akershus1945.jpg

• Like 1