Starbuck's Bangkok

Finlaco

Hi

Any TV member know of any Starbucks branches in Bangkok that have a decent outside area, garden style or beside a river or lake?  I'm not really into sitting inside an outlet inside a shopping centre.  And, yes I am aware that many older members will have a 'view of the cost/quality of the coffee, etc...   but .....  try to keep on topic.

Thanks

Edited by Finlaco

The OP is probably better off getting one to go and ambling over to a nearby park.  Lumpini and Q Sirikit both have multiple Starbucks within a 2 minute walk.  Of course, that leaves you SOL for WIFI, but opens up the possibility that Starbucks may not be the best coffee on offer.

http://www.starbucks.co.th/store-locator/search

Starbucks.jpg.931c043250700f6e8de8423f6dca64de.jpg

I have drank freshly ground coffee since I was a child and still do to this day, Starbucks have a very high rate of caffeine in their drinks and therefore are great for coffee addicts! I have been to about 30 Starbucks in Bangkok and I can't think of anywhere with a garden, but in the city centre they have Starbucks with seats outside (near the Platitunam shopping mall for example).

2 hours ago, jamesmacleod said:

I have drank freshly ground coffee since I was a child and still do to this day, Starbucks have a very high rate of caffeine in their drinks and therefore are great for coffee addicts! I have been to about 30 Starbucks in Bangkok and I can't think of anywhere with a garden, but in the city centre they have Starbucks with seats outside (near the Platitunam shopping mall for example).

If you just need a buzz from the caffeine you can get it done for 10thb on Red bull or my old favourite M-150.... :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Bkk2061 said:

If you just need a buzz from the caffeine you can get it done for 10thb on Red bull or my old favourite M-150.... 

True, in a pinch.  But their sugar to caffeine ratio is way too high.  I refer to my morning cuppa not as coffee, but as my CDS.  Caffeine Delivery System.

Sitting in a Starbucks just adds the eye candy component.

Edited by impulse

There is a Starbucks on the Phra Athit pier that has nice outdoor seating overlooking the river.

The SB on the ground floor of Times Sq, between Suk. 12 & 14 has outdoor seating.

Not Starbucks, but Black Canyon on Asok just past the Siam Society and MRT entrance has a very nice front courtyard.

On Suk 16, there is a very nice coffee shop with a shaded courtyard next to the Citadines Hotel

1 hour ago, dddave said:

The SB on the ground floor of Times Sq, between Suk. 12 & 14 has outdoor seating.

Yes....  Unfortunately, neither the Times Square nor the previously mentioned Platinum Center branches of SB have much atmosphere in their outdoor seating...

The Times Square location just has a few tables and chairs on a narrow open patio that overlooks a busy and noisy Sukhumvit Road.  While the Platinum location, once again, is just a narrow row of tables and chairs just along the edge of the shop and alongside a half walkway for people going into Platinum and half driveway for cars that sometimes pass thru.

On the other hand, for atmosphere, I agree the Black Canyon location on Asoke and their outdoor courtyard is more appealing.

On 1/21/2018 at 1:39 AM, impulse said:

The OP is probably better off getting one to go and ambling over to a nearby park.  Lumpini and Q Sirikit both have multiple Starbucks within a 2 minute walk.  Of course, that leaves you SOL for WIFI, but opens up the possibility that Starbucks may not be the best coffee on offer.

http://www.starbucks.co.th/store-locator/search

Starbucks.jpg.931c043250700f6e8de8423f6dca64de.jpg

WOW, just realized I live within walking distance (1 mile) of 32 Starbucks.

31 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

A few of the coffee shops at Central Embassy have outdoor seating at the 5th and 6th floor overlooking the British Embassy. 

Has anyone actually ever been inside Central Embassy?  That place always looks empty from the outside

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Is your name Schrödinger and do u own a cat? Is it alive?

Schrodinger's not valid in Thailand's heat.   If you have a cat in a box in Thailand, you don't have to open the box to know if it's dead.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Has anyone actually ever been inside Central Embassy?  That place always looks empty from the outside

I'm there pretty regularly... Almost never see anyone shopping in most of the retail stores there, save a few like Sephora and a few others.

But the main restaurant level on the 5th (?) floor usually seems to do pretty good business in terms of foot traffic, as does the Dean & DeLuca restaurant and Paul's cafe-bakery on the lower levels.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But the main restaurant level on the 5th (?) floor usually seems to do pretty good business in terms of foot traffic, as does the Dean & DeLuca restaurant and Paul's cafe-bakery on the lower levels.

The gourmet market in the lower level has one of the best cheese departments anywhere.  Do bring money.