Bangkok Airways swing into action after newsman reports theft of gold and cash from luggage

webfact

Bangkok Airways swing into action after newsman reports theft of gold and cash from luggage

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Bangkok Airways say they are checking CCTV after a Thai Rath reporter said that gold and cash was stolen from luggage loaded on a flight from Koh Samui to Bangkok.

The airline said in a press release they had contacted the relevant parties involved in the X-ray of luggage at both the airport in the south and in the capital to find the person or persons responsible for stealing from Phuriphat Bunnil.

Source:  Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-26

5 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

god and cash in the luggage eh?  I bet he was trying to get around the import/export limits and not expecting his luggage would be search later.  Looks like he rolled the dice and lost.  A news reporter would not be so naive to check  in gold and cash

What are you going on about?? It was a Domestic flight!! :ph34r:

totster :smile:

Edited by Totster

15 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

A reporter,making his own stories,by been stupid

would any normal person put cash and gold in their 

luggage.

regards worgeordie

No of course not, the rules state clearly, all travellers valuables are to be left on the back seat of Taxi's.

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

god and cash in the luggage eh?  I bet he was trying to get around the import/export limits and not expecting his luggage would be search later.  Looks like he rolled the dice and lost.  A news reporter would not be so naive to check  in gold and cash

Import/ export limits on a internal flight , wake up and read the story .

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

pay attention to the details

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

God obviously wasn't smiling on him that day.

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

A news reporter would not be so naive to check  in gold and cash

You are probably correct! but for a long time now reporters are a dying breed, we only have "repeaters" they repeat what they are told to say, the western media just as guilty if not more so!

10 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

i think cash is detectable by x ray machines. i wonder if that is what they look for when you arrive and u have to throw your bag thru xray machine at BKK international airport

I wasn't aware of that. How long has X-raying incoming hand luggage been going on for?

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

luggage.

regards worgeordie

Good point, unless, of course, it was a ploy to document this and similar thefts on airlines. He is, after all, a reporter. 

Honestly, any normal person who leaves valuables unattended has absolutely nobody to blame if they grow legs and walk away. 

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I wasn't aware of that. How long has X-raying incoming hand luggage been going on for?

im talking as u go thru customs they many times have u put a bag thru the machine. i wonder what they are looking for. maybe large cash amounts?

20 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Import and export limits?

Between Samui and Bangkok?

20 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

You're assuming that the reporter is the injured party, rather than uh reporting the crime on behalf of someone else?

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

luggage.

regards worgeordie

Are you suggesting the 'reporter' is not normal? Huh?

Oh...okay, you're right. :thumbsup: :cheesy:

What really worries me about these baggage handlers is not what they can take out but what they can put into your bag?

"Regarding narcotic substances, for Category 1 Substances 3 years - lifetime imprisonment is possible dependent on intent and fines of 20,000-1 million baht may be demanded. For Category 2 substances the offender can face six months-10 years imprisonment and fines of 10,000-5 million baht". http://www.comparethairehabs.com/drug-laws-in-thailand/

Rather lose some  change than spend a life in a Thai goal, of which I was innocent, due to slack surveillance of baggage  handlers at Thai airports.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:41 AM, gk10002000 said:

The story is not true God cannot fit in a suitcase.

5 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

What really worries me about these baggage handlers is not what they can take out but what they can put into your bag?

"Regarding narcotic substances, for Category 1 Substances 3 years - lifetime imprisonment is possible dependent on intent and fines of 20,000-1 million baht may be demanded. For Category 2 substances the offender can face six months-10 years imprisonment and fines of 10,000-5 million baht". http://www.comparethairehabs.com/drug-laws-in-thailand/

Rather lose some  change than spend a life in a Thai goal, of which I was innocent, due to slack surveillance of baggage  handlers at Thai airports.

something fishy here. how would baggage handlers know he had gold and cash in his suitcase. ?  the handlers just HAPPENED to open this one bag amongst the thousands they handle and struck gold?  

Just now, yogavnture said:

something fishy here. how would baggage handlers know he had gold and cash in his suitcase. ?  the handlers just HAPPENED to open this one bag amongst the thousands they handle and struck gold?  

u know they have dogs that can smell cash are their any of these dogs at either airport. in usa its common to get sniffed by dog looking for cash. and they are good at it.