SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Only if you are a straight white American.

Can you show a popular  MSM  source that actually quotes PT only wants  white Americans to be successful ?

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, riclag said:

We were talking about panels and tariffs.And how the tariffs has boosted mfg.So now you want to go into the Trump business.Going off topic,no thanks

Trump’s tariff has boosted the domestic manufacturing sector "as intended", which over time could significantly raise U.S. panel production and reduce prices.

From the same source

same same

Employment in each of America’s top 10 steel cities has grown slower than the rate of growth for the U.S. as a whole since President Donald Trump announced plans to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imports earlier this year …More widely, other reports have signaled manufacturers are feeling the effects of the planned tariffs. Activity in U.S. factories decelerated recently in part due to disruptions and uncertainty surrounding tariffs, according to the Institute for Supply Management…‘These tariffs are now killing high-paying American manufacturing jobs and businesses,’ he said in the report.” [Wall Street Journal, 5/22/18]"

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/how_trumps_new_tariffs_on_steel_and_aluminum_will.html

"The number of people in the U.S. that are employed in steel-consuming sectors (ie: the sectors that make things like cars and planes) is much higher than the number of people employed in the steel industry, according to The Economist and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics."

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Opl said:

same same

Employment in each of America’s top 10 steel cities has grown slower than the rate of growth for the U.S. as a whole since President Donald Trump announced plans to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imports earlier this year …More widely, other reports have signaled manufacturers are feeling the effects of the planned tariffs. Activity in U.S. factories decelerated recently in part due to disruptions and uncertainty surrounding tariffs, according to the Institute for Supply Management…‘These tariffs are now killing high-paying American manufacturing jobs and businesses,’ he said in the report.” [Wall Street Journal, 5/22/18]"

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/how_trumps_new_tariffs_on_steel_and_aluminum_will.html

PT should never heed the advise from Steel executives, its to controversial. Why risk being demonized by the left.He's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-steel-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-steel-executives-appeal-directly-to-trump-for-import-restrictions-idUSKCN1B427B

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Nope, it doesn't bother me., America First. There is no one with bigger ba((s then Mr. Trump.He's got some good advisers to help with decisions , Larry K,Mike P., Mad Dog Mattis and John B.

So far so good,unless of course you were quite content with the last 20 years.What a mess he inherited. Definitively need 2 terms

The world according to Larry K:

Kudlow on the 2007-09 Financial Crisis:

In 2005, he said “all the bubbleheads” looking for a housing-price crash in Las Vegas and Naples, Florida, and the wider economy, would be proven wrong.

By December 2007, the month the National Bureau of Economic Research later dated the start of the recession, he was arguing there was no recession and that the “Bush boom continues.”

“The pessimistas are a persistent bunch,” he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-14/kudlow-s-best-worst-calls-from-no-2007-recession-to-trump-bump

• Thanks 2

Nixon redux?

"Trump is hurtling toward a Nixonian ending

It may come as little relief to those unsettled by the commander in chief’s autocratic impulses that this president will likely face the same fate as Nixon if he acts upon his lawyers’ ignorant legal opinions. But perhaps take comfort from Meacham’s insight in “The Soul of America” that “to know what has come before is to be armed against despair.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-hurtling-toward-a-nixonian-ending/2018/06/07/273e1638-6a84-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Nixon redux?
"Trump is hurtling toward a Nixonian ending

Well, just like Nixon make detente with China, Trump has done similar (to put it midly) with Putin and Russia, giving them the U.S. Presidency, or from a different perspective, Putin and Russia helping give it to Trump, and then Trump becoming an apologist for/sympathizer with Putin and Russia.

Hopefully, Trump and Nixon will both come to the same ending.

23 hours ago, Nowisee said:

Don't blame trump for the trade war, blame china.   Fair trade was requested by CEOs of a lot of companies... and trump is doing what the rest the world was to scared to do.  
I don't care about his delivery so much, but he ruffling some feathers and so what.  
Trumps the only one willing to fight because he doesn't have the same political agenda the last 30 years of presidents have jacked up.
Next election, put Howard Shultz in there and you'll see even more economic growth.  
The usa economy is doing fine from a market perspective

The economy was doing fine under Obama.  Federal finances were doing much better.

China was playing by, and using, the internationally agreed upon rules of trade to its advantage, just as Trump has used the US courts to his advantage.  Both China and Trump abused these systems.  The solution is not to abandon rules and descend into anarchy, but to improve the rules.

I don't know what "same political agenda the last 30 years" you imagine was in place, but it is clear that Trump's only agenda is to make headlines and promote his name.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Opl said:

"WATCH: Bill Maher panel expertly explains how Trump used bigotry and fear to take over the GOP" "“I think Trump recognized that the base of the Republican Party was in a completely different place than the elites in Washington,” Zakaria explained. “The base of the party is now a white working class base that wants to hear about Mexicans, Muslims and Chinese people,They want to hear about how the Mexicans are taking their jobs, how the Chinese people are taking their factories and how the Muslims are killing you. Trump says, ‘I’ll beat them all up, you’ll be great again.'”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/watch-bill-maher-panel-expertly-explains-trump-used-bigotry-fear-take-gop/

Right.  And he's doing the same thing to the Democrat party.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/columnists/rochelle-riley/2018/06/08/trump-jack-johnson-black-voters/684898002/

Meet the guys who tape Trump's papers back together

"The federal government was forced to dedicate a team of records management analysts to tape together official papers that President Trump had ripped up — per aides, his "unofficial filing system" — in order to ensure that the administration adhered to federal law, according to a report from Politico's Annie Karni. “I’m looking at my director, and saying, ‘Are you guys serious?’ We’re making more than $60,000 a year, we need to be doing far more important things than this. It felt like the lowest form of work you can take on without having to empty the trash cans.” "

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

Edited by Opl

11 hours ago, Opl said:

Meet the guys who tape Trump's papers back together

"The federal government was forced to dedicate a team of records management analysts to tape together official papers that President Trump had ripped up — per aides, his "unofficial filing system" — in order to ensure that the administration adhered to federal law, according to a report from Politico's Annie Karni. “I’m looking at my director, and saying, ‘Are you guys serious?’ We’re making more than $60,000 a year, we need to be doing far more important things than this. It felt like the lowest form of work you can take on without having to empty the trash cans.” "

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

He's going through the menopause, he will calm down when the hot flushes stop. 

Edited by soalbundy

On 6/8/2018 at 10:17 PM, Nowisee said:

Don't blame trump for the trade war, blame china.   Fair trade was requested by CEOs of a lot of companies... and trump is doing what the rest the world was to scared to do.  
I don't care about his delivery so much, but he ruffling some feathers and so what.  
Trumps the only one willing to fight because he doesn't have the same political agenda the last 30 years of presidents have jacked up.
Next election, put Howard Shultz in there and you'll see even more economic growth.  
The usa economy is doing fine from a market perspective

just before the trade war

Why is it Okay for Robert DeNiro to curse at Trump in the manner and place that he did. He was cheered apparently.  Is that how it is done now? F you F this F that. Is Robert's behaviour really acceptable? He could have used his standing more appropriately and maturely to make an anti trump statement. 

Go Fing Trump!

Just now, Jingthing said:

The better question is whether the behavior of "trump" is acceptable.

Consider he's the president and DeNiro is an actor. 

Next ... 

When Trump says F off DeNiro then we can come back to argue whether general respect is fading.It seems only Trump can do wrong,  and only then we discuss. I guess there are two types of earth dwellers.  Those that find the word F overly insulting and those that find it empowering to use. 

My father was a maths teacher. He said there are actually 3 types of people. Those that can add up and those that can't. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You do realize that "trump" insults people and uses obscenity as a regular thing, right? Dude, to paint "trump" as an innocent here is beyond the pale. Nobody would buy that, even his rabid base. They love his dirty talk.

Again, don't bother trying to hijack this thread towards DeNiro. There is a dedicated topic about that going on the forum right now. Go there.

Honestly, really, have you actually followed the "trump" story, his vulgarity, his history, his campaign, and his atrocious presidency of division, bigotry, racism, and hatred? 

I agree with you about Trump.  Both Trump and DeNiro won't get a cheer from me when they use vulgarity. 

My post clearly demonstrated though unfair negative bias towards Trump's misdemeanors. When other people around the Trump story do wrong,  call them out on it. If you agree DeNiro did well then maybe it's just me being  from the older codger generation. 

The F word is thrown about so much that one day it won't insult I hope. I'll be dead by then.  No dramas.

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

Why is it Okay for Robert DeNiro to curse at Trump in the manner and place that he did. He was cheered apparently.  Is that how it is done now? F you F this F that. Is Robert's behaviour really acceptable? He could have used his standing more appropriately and maturely to make an anti trump statement. 

Go Fing Trump!

Oh the faux outrage.

On another day you'll be ranting about your rights to say what you want being restricted. 

It's a two way street bud.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh the faux outrage.

On another day you'll be ranting about your rights to say what you want being restricted. 

It's a two way street bud.

Nope,  you'll never see me stand up in front of a crowd of people swearing like that. Just the way I was brought up. I'm too soft.  I need to harden up I guess.  

7 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Nope,  you'll never see me stand up in front of a crowd of people swearing like that. Just the way I was brought up. I'm too soft.  I need to harden up I guess.  

Perhaps he's just doing what Trump supporters claim Trump does.... 'Saying it as it is'.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps he's just doing what Trump supporters claim Trump does.... 'Saying it as it is'.

Exactly, DeNiro had a chance to say something intelligent, factual,  and inspiring to show why Trump should be removed from office or voted out. Instead he spoke in a potty mouth way just like Trump has done except Trump not in front of a crowd. 

9 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Exactly, DeNiro had a chance to say something intelligent, factual,  and inspiring to show why Trump should be removed from office or voted out. Instead he spoke in a potty mouth way just like Trump has done except Trump not in front of a crowd. 

Come back when DeNiro is talking about grabbing women by the pu**y.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Come back when DeNiro is talking about grabbing women by the pu**y.

Okay, let's give DeNiro the benefit of doubt that in private discussion he is a little less obscene. 

What goes around comes around.  From his podium he insults the press and anyone who doesn't agree with him, using words that would be censored here at TVF.  Yes, a certain amount of respect is expected for the title of the office, but his behavior and his own insults and duplicity has voided that.  Respect is something to be earned.

And then there's the lying.  Congenital.  Look up the vid of him standing before a bunch of press people talking about the giant envelope NK sent to him.  He says what was in the letter was interesting, and a few other vague descriptions, and by the end of the exchange, which goes on for a few minutes, he admits he hasn't even opened it.  The nerve of this guy to call anybody a liar!  It's not like this is an egregious deception, the amazing thing is the ease with which his tosses this stuff out.

Here is a satirical clip, the part about the envelope comes up at about 1 minute in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp00Qd02G84

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stud858 said:

Go Fing Trump!

Why do you care what DeNiro thinks about Trump and how he expresses these thoughts?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

Why do you care what DeNiro thinks about Trump and how he expresses these thoughts?

I don't care what he thinks,  but when he trivialises and uses the F word to an audience then I take offence.  One day we wake up to our 10 year old child saying "Where's my <deleted> breakfast Mom?"

11 minutes ago, stud858 said:

I don't care what he thinks,  but when he trivialises and uses the F word to an audience then I take offence.  One day we wake up to our 10 year old child saying "Where's my <deleted> breakfast Mom?"

DeNiro lives in New York.  Some New Yorkers seem incapable of uttering a complete sentence without using the F word at least three times.  They sound like idiots when they do it, but you just have to accept that some people talk that way.

• Thanks 1