Bangkok police officer under investigation for trying to extort money from Canadian teacher

webfact

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

How many times until the penny drops? 

There is an all encompassing Thai phrase that covers your question and almost any others you may ask...mai pen rai!

Please note though, it only works one way and yes you guessed it...in favour of the Thai uttering it. It is, after all, a Thai phrase.

I guess the fact he was no doubt perpetrating his very evil scam on foreigners allowed the penny never to drop!

Edited by Dukeleto
Punctuation

7 minutes ago, punchjudy said:

The Canadian needs to change his residence & place of work

I agree. A brave move but not necessarily over yet. The normal behaviour now will be for the bent copper to blame the Canadian for his fall from grace and to seek Thai revenge whilst suffering from mental stress. The Canadian needs to take a long holiday somewhere else, quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He doesn't look very gay to me, downright sombre in fact and in need of a shirt.Thank God he's not homosexual.

The report states that the policeman is 'constable-ranked'  yet held the rank of Senior Sergeant Major. He was charged with illegal possession of a gun and carrying a gun in public.Huh? Are they sure he was/is a policemen?

Edited by PETERTHEEATER
To correct a typo

10 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

IMHO every case this police officer worked on and a person was convicted is now suspect and needs to be examined.  If there are people in jail that he put there- they may be innocent. 

In regard to the Canadian- I applaud his courage. However, he needs to be very careful from now on especially if the 'cop' is not jailed.

This is a sad commentary on what can happen to anyone in Thailand . 

I agree that every case that he worked should be investigated.

Yes, the Canadian needs to be careful but at the same time so does the ex-police officer because if anything happens to the Canadian then the finger will point straight at that ex-police officer.

• Like 1

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the Thai cops for recognizing this case for what it is based on a corrupt Thai policemen who did his crime not caring about legal consequences to the falang which would have been SEVERE.

What I am not impressed with is that this low life ONLY gets dismissed ? He should have been immediately gaoled awaiting a severe long term gaol sentence especially being a person who represents the Thai law. The falangs he so called blamed for criminal activity would have got worse!?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dotpoom said:

The a "Adjectives" are getting a great airing today.....(probably due to a limited vocabulary).

Falang wrongly charged. Thai cop blamed for setting up an arrest and YOUR worried about the grammar. Can't wait till your suspected of No 1 drugs by same copper and awaiting criminal prosecution. My defense for you, being your lawyer, will be too many "verbs" as you face life in gaol!  As sentence is passed by Thai judge  as being Guilty I will ensure I get paid via my big bill with no adjectives!

15 hours ago, z42 said:

Pathetic. This cop should spend the rest of his worthless life in jail as he has been rapped officially numerous time for trying to ruin the lives of innocent people.

How many times is acceptable for a cop to pull this stunt i wonder. Dirty scum ??

If you put all of the cops in jail that indulge in this type of activity you would end unemployment in SE Asia with all of the new construction required to house the offenders. There are some good cops...but there are a lot that look at the public as walking ATM machines, and if you have white skin you could provide much larger withdrawals. 

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Make up your mind..."you are unworthy of further engagement". 

Might be an idea for you to look up two words, "hysteria" and "opinion".

Make up your mind..."you are unworthy of further engagement". 

I didn t write that, why would you expect me to respond?  typical  homophobe/junta supporter just to spout hate

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

if he is ONLY a copper then why is he classed as  – Pol Senior Sergeant Major Cherdchai Phuchuaythuam....how many more "just coppers " have HIGH ranking titles???

This just sounds high because of the "major" in it,  but this rank means he is a non-commissioned officer (the highest though, but simply because he is a bit older already), so "just a copper" ;)

12 hours ago, chama said:

If you put all of the cops in jail that indulge in this type of activity you would end unemployment in SE Asia with all of the new construction required to house the offenders. There are some good cops...but there are a lot that look at the public as walking ATM machines, and if you have white skin you could provide much larger withdrawals. 

You are correct.  But, I suspect that the country might actually be better off without any police... they seem to cause most of the problems and the crime here lol.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2018 at 11:51 AM, wavemanwww said:

Falang wrongly charged. Thai cop blamed for setting up an arrest and YOUR worried about the grammar. Can't wait till your suspected of No 1 drugs by same copper and awaiting criminal prosecution. My defense for you, being your lawyer, will be too many "verbs" as you face life in gaol!  As sentence is passed by Thai judge  as being Guilty I will ensure I get paid via my big bill with no adjectives!

isn't "big" an adjective ?

On 1/30/2018 at 1:23 PM, Just Weird said:

"Since you are obviously 110% straight how do you feel about YOU being around your friends pretty daughters? Could you kindly answer that?"

Why would I answer that ridiculous question?  What has that got to do with my feelings toward promiscuous homosexuals?

"Also how do you know your super straight friends or other super straight people are not trying to lure perhaps your daughter for a meet somewhere?"

What is wrong with you?

"Also do you know about your sons make math teacher?"

Presumably you know something about my "son's make math teacher", whatever that unintelligible garbage means?

I'll rephrase what the original poster said there so that it makes more sense.

How would it make you feel if, while being around your friends' pretty female daughters, your friends may be thinking you're just a pervert trying to potentially lure them, although you know you're not?

I know it sounds like a twisted logic to you, but it's the same twisted logic that you are using when you're thinking about gay people the way you do.

Edited by lkv

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What if he would be straight and teaching your daughter?

He's not, so he won't be. 

I know that you're trying to get me to say that I don't have any time for social-media-trawling-for-sex homosexuals (I don't, none at all) but the choice of how I feel about your last suggestion would also be mine.  In your suggestion you didn't make it clear whether the straight teacher would be one who uses social media to trawl for sex with schoolgirls.  Perhaps if you clarify that I'll give you a definitive answer.

Edited by Just Weird