Any chance of the malls opening at 9am in the near future?

Hal65

16 hours ago, firefox999uk said:

Read Thai Visa.

Have a Nice Day.

Or post on TV. Some old farts get up early to be first to post a bash or cutesy comment or simply schoolmarm in the latest threads. Or many live upcountry and get up w/ the chickens anyway but dearly love the Pattaya forum.

Gets lots of likes since many don't read past the first page anyway.

17 hours ago, cnx355 said:

It was also during the same era that the Minister of Public order  decider to impose the famous law for not selling alcohol between 2 pm and 5 pm.

Yes but that was an old law already on the books from the 70s. ( military government)

As well as the shops opening late they also  told the petrol/gas LPG stations to close overnight

resulting in me nearly missing a flight back to London as the  Taxi driver was empty :sad:

Actually there was some announcement that some mall or other would be staying open later so opening sooner seems less likely.

I got caught out again Tuesday by Central Festival Beach Rd and ended up waiting outside, they won't even let you into the motorbike parking. Strangely I had already had a wander around Harbor Mall, so they open sooner, and Tesco/North Rd Mall always seems to be already open when I get there early. I am not yet nocturnal, more 'Baan Nok' as I am up early when the monks rise. Too noisy to stay in bed in villages!

Edited by jacko45k

Even in Europe most malls open at 10 am or 11. The reason for this is longer opening hours. In the 80's when there was a big expansion of malls in the cities they did a survey when customers wanted to go shopping inside malls and most of them answered in late afternoon/evenings. In the old times traditional shops like the butcher and bakery would open early at 7 or 8 am. But they were not located inside malls.

On 2/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, Langsuan Man said:

If they open earlier they will close earlier

Since most people work, the late closing hours are more preferred by the locals than are early opening 

But when do the people who work in these late closing stores get to do their shopping if there isn't stores open before they go to work.

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

But when do the people who work in these late closing stores get to do their shopping if there isn't stores open before they go to work.

Early morning, lunchtime, weekends. And there's the family support network.

On 2/4/2018 at 11:17 AM, JSixpack said:

Early morning, lunchtime, weekends. And there's the family support network.

And the same could be said for those that need the shops open late. People should organise their lives, there is absolutely no need for shopping malls to be open until 2am.

5 hours ago, Keesters said:

And the same could be said for those that need the shops open late. People should organise their lives, there is absolutely no need for shopping malls to be open until 2am.

Besides "needs" people often have "wants," you see. True, it's not recognized by our TVF Economic Planning Bureau, for whom nothing new has been "needed," and therefore "wanted," by anyone since about 1994 at the latest. But if you carefully examine your own consumption patterns, you'll likely discover the effects of this truism even there. Fortunately, entrepreneurs cater to both needs and wants, and not just those identified by our Bureau. If too few consumers appreciate the late open hours, then the hours will be scaled back. Me, I'd often wished Bronx Pizza would open earlier.