Prawit pledges to resign ‘if people don’t want him’

webfact

The bizarre part of this little caper is...in the big scheme of things... the watches controversy and Prawit himself are mere fly specks on the canvas of everything that's wrong and bad about the current regime.

For some reason, the Thai people are getting riled up about the watches controversy -- but all the rest of the crappy stuff that's been going on for years now seems to not overly concern them.

Which is the more important issue -- Prawit and his watches, or the fact that the current government keeps pushing back the future election date into obscurity?  And that's just one example.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The bizarre part of this little caper is...in the big scheme of things... the watches controversy and Prawit himself are mere fly specks on the canvas of everything that's wrong and bad about the current regime.

For some reason, the Thai people are getting riled up about the watches controversy -- but all the rest of the crappy stuff that's been going on for years now seems to not overly concern them.

Which is the more important issue -- Prawit and his watches, or the fact that the current government keeps pushing back the future election date into obscurity?  And that's just one example.

This watches thing is overrated.... 

Chalerm had 120+ luxury cars collection .... 

He has done very well in his career serving his country. He knows how to save on those meager funds that a minister or military person would earn. It's really unbelievable. Anything is possible though: rich uncle, friend, stock market.....anything!

7 hours ago, speedtripler said:

This watches thing is overrated.... 

Chalerm had 120+ luxury cars collection .... 

I would like to see a link to any article claiming that.

I recall they put the heat on his feet for the second Rolls or Bentley he was seen with, if he indeed had a 120+ luxury car collection I'm sure it would have been national news at that time.

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Wonder if chalerm declared them on his assets statements?

I think he got around it because He is not listed as the owner of most of his vehicles... 

They belong to his staff, family, friends, acquaintances and people who don't hold political positions etc so they can't be counted as "his" assets..... 

Show the receipts for the darn watches (original purchaser receipts with serial numbers and ID of the original purchaser).  They must exist because watches of this value would be insured; the insurance company would require receipts. Whether it's a friend (or 25 friends), Prawit himself or suppliers of subs, planes or tanks, somebody has the receipts. That done, this matter could easily and cleanly be put to rest. No more guessing games. Simple, final, neat, clean !

Of course we all know there is a logical explanation. So why tell unbelievable stories (that aren't logical or believable) that just contribute to the tainting of the juntas fine image? The truth always prevails. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“I have served the country for 50 years [as a military officer and minister]. Do you think if I have done anything to ruin the country? I want to work for the country. If people don’t want me to, I’m ready to leave my post,”

Schizophrenic, when parasites believe they are performing a service.