Swede feels like a turnip after paying 3,500 for a half hour manicure on Samui

webfact

Swede feels like a turnip after paying 3,500 for a half hour manicure on Samui

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A Swedish tourist fresh off the plane was feeling miserable yesterday after parting with 3,500 baht for a manicure and pedicure on the beach at Samui.

So much so that he went to the police.

The cops are hunting a group of women aged 35-45 wearing pink vests.

The story received wide attention after a Thai friend of Niko Cassel, 52, went on Facebook to complain. She said that the father of a foreign friend had been taken advantage of. She castigated the women involved saying this was no way to treat someone visiting Thailand.

How could they expect repeat business if this was how they treated people?

Daily News said the cost of such a service should be about 300 baht.

They interviewed the victim who told them that after eating he was approached by the pink vested women and he felt a bit sorry for them so he agreed to have his nails and toenails done.

They spent just over half an hour, not even 40 minutes.

They gave him a bill for 3,500 baht. When voices were raised he thought he had better pay as there might be trouble.

But he went to police after that because he felt he had been ripped off.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-05

Why?  That's just ignorance, not stupidity - the guy just didn't know.  The Swedish equivalent of 3500 THB would be what he'd pay for an 1/2 hour manicure in Sweden.  So now, lesson learned.  Move on.....

Edited by connda

thailand’s becoming more and more infamous for various scams such as these by the day, once the chinese have had a gut full and found somewhere new, i feel the tourist industry here will start imploding unless the government do something radical about it

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

8 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Rather stupid to hand over 3500 ! I would have 100 baht note for any of these beach sellers! And if they don’t like it I tell them where to go!

theirs one born every minute.

in Thailand you need to agree on a price before anything you do, make sure you include the quantity, specific location ,time, number of passengers is luggage included. is it price per toe or per foot or includes 10 toes and 2 feet if there is a way to change the price they will try. 

I was just in Thailand for 3 weeksand I managed to not get scammed many tried. start by not taking Taxis you may eliminate 50% of them. Never had any issues with public transportation. Buy from food vendors that post the cost per item. carry small money so you can pay the exact amount.

My wife who is Thai bought pad Thai at the sunday market in chiang mai the lady said 40 baht sign 40 baht she handed her a 50 baht note and the lady said 50 baht and walked away it was my wife that let her be scammed she saw me and thought Thai lady with Farang screw them. I know it was 10 baht but I still like to be treated fair had she handed her two 20 baht notes  it would have been 40 baht 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

How could they expect repeat business if this was how they treated people?

Ah so the jet ski scammers have found a new angle.!

Repeat business is far from being the point here, these are tourists being taken advantage of, another plane load of dumb ones arrives every minute in Thailand.

'Land of Scams' ... check the price first and don't be intimidated.

these scammers are skiiled at spotting who is easy prey,the latch on like pitbulls,and create such a stressfull situation that the targets feel ''lets just pay and end this .cause its ruining our day and mabey our short vaction'' this is shamlessness at its best''..,

On 2/5/2018 at 2:10 PM, lemonjelly said:

thailand’s becoming more and more infamous for various scams such as these by the day, once the chinese have had a gut full and found somewhere new, i feel the tourist industry here will start imploding unless the government do something radical about it

Did you know there are more than 1.37 billion Chinese?