Fire breaks out at Phi Phi Island hostel

webfact

Fire breaks out at Phi Phi Island hostel

Eakkapop Thongtub

1517935133_1-org.jpg

A gas cylinder reported exploded and started the fire. Photo: Phi Phi Island News Group

PHUKET: A gas cylinder exploding is believed to have started a fire at a hostel and restaurant on Phi Phi Island earlier tonight (Feb 6).

The fire broke out at the October Hostel & Resto in front of Soi Slinky at about 9pm.

The fire quickly spread and engulfed some 20 adjacent buildings, many of which later were reported have collapsed after being ravaged by the flames.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/fire-breaks-out-at-phi-phi-island-hostel-65871.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-07

Tourists evacuated as fire breaks out at entertainment spot on Ko Phi Phi

By Thai PBS

fire3.jpg

A fire broke out at a row of shophouses on Ko Phi-Phi off Krabri province at about 9.30 pm, prompting evacuation of local residents and tourists to safe areas.

The fire started at a small hotel  at Soi Slinky and quickly spread out to about 20 adjoining shophouses and restaurants, according to eyewitnesses.

Hat Noppharat Thara-Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park officials, Navy officers and rescue workers were rushed to the scene to put off the fire and to evacuate panicky tourists and residents to safety.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tourists-evacuated-fire-breaks-entertainment-spot-ko-phi-phi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-07

I went to Phi Phi for day trip two weeks ago for the first time since 2001. What a complete mess the place has become. The charm it once had is completely lost to greed.
The pier has rubbish bags piled high and it stinks. What do people think when they arrive to that?
A bigger and more ferocious fire than this is needed to fix the place thats for sure.

I shall never return.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Five injured in fire on Phi Phi island

By The Nation

3e465578992042857eb3c209e3506563-sld.jpe

About 200 tourists and locals joined forces to fight a fire that raged through 25 houses on Phi Phi Island late on Tuesday night, injuring five people, police said.

Police said two Brazilian tourists and three Thais were injured. Two of them were discharged after receiving treatment at the Koh Phi Phi Hospital, but the others were admitted.

Police said the fire broke out at the October Hostel and Restro near the entrance to the Slingy Bar at the market in the middle of island at almost 9pm. It then swept to other shops.

About 200 people came to fight the blaze, which was put out at 11.15 pm. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30338170

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-07

2 hours ago, sebastion said:

I went to Phi Phi for day trip two weeks ago for the first time since 2001. What a complete mess the place has become. The charm it once had is completely lost to greed.
The pier has rubbish bags piled high and it stinks. What do people think when they arrive to that?
A bigger and more ferocious fire than this is needed to fix the place thats for sure.

I shall never return.

In 2004, it got cleaned up pretty well by the Boxing Day Tsunami. Along with a whole bunch of lives - be careful what you wish for! 

In 2004, it got cleaned up pretty well by the Boxing Day Tsunami. Along with a whole bunch of lives - be careful what you wish for! 

Im well aware of that. Go look at the place now and its probably the worst tourist dump ive seen and ive been to a lot of places in Asia.
Greed has killed a once unique and beautiful place.

7 hours ago, sebastion said:

I shall never return.

I agree. Evacuate everyone and burn everything that will, then put a big bulldozer through the rest.

Then start over, with a limit on hotels of 1 storey and on room numbers so it can't be too crowded again.

Also ban more than 2 tour boats in Maya Bay at any time.

I hope all those unmuffled longtails burnt as well.

4 hours ago, korkenzieher said:

I went after the tsunami only to find a crowd of farang bagpackers helping rebuild the same <deleted> again. They didn't touch the beaches to clean them up, just rebuilt the grotty hovels that blighted the place prior to the tsunami.

Unfortunate result of the tsunami was it allowed them to build horrid big hotels instead of the nice huts that had been there before.

14 hours ago, sebastion said:

I shall never return.

a bun

a bunch of drunks thier what a joke