14 foreigners arrested for staying illegally in Thailand

webfact

14 foreigners arrested for staying illegally in Thailand

By The Nation

c97d72e883fe6a37b5559836d366f351-sld.jpg

File Photo

Police have arrested 14 foreigners, including one American, for staying illegally in the country, Deputy Tourist Police commissioner Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal said.

After a weekly "Black Eagles” operation, which targets immigrant crime, in Bangkok late Wednesday night, Surachet told a press conference at 11.30pm that police had conducted searches at 33 areas in Bangkok and its suburbs.

He said five Indians, one Korean and one Myanmar national had been arrested for illegal entry while four Sri Lankans, two Indians and one American had been arrested for overstaying their tourist visas.

The search was carried out by officers from the Tourist Police Bureau, Patrol and Special Operations Division, Narcotics Suppression Bureau, Immigration Bureau and Metropolitan Police Bureau.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30338279

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-08

3 hours ago, PattayaAngel said:

'Black Eagles'?  where do they get those names from?  I guess the US  but,but,but I'm a 'dreamer' defence ain't going to work here.

Not sure if they've widened it in scope now, but the earlier Black Eagles operation of a few weeks ago was (very subtly) named for their round up foreigners of a certain skin colour. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ferguston said:

Let's have a crackdown on people staying in Thailand with Retirement Visas obtained from agents using fake bank accounts.

Why? Are they a particular problem?
I had thought it is primarily a dodge on the "seasoning" requirement. Yes, against the rules, but seems a bit tame as crimes go.
Why do you find it a particular offense?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

He said five Indians, one Korean and one Myanmar national had been arrested for illegal entry while four Sri Lankans, two Indians and one American had been arrested for overstaying their tourist visas.

Wow, big deal. they held a bloody press conference for that! it is not newsworthy in the slightest. I could take them out for a few hours any day of the week in bkk and bag hundreds if i was a grass 

Well said, But Thai immigration starts work at 9am and finishes, after tea money, at about noon.

Edited by wavemanwww
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Those take care of themselves, mostly.

Only use this route because their income just isn't enough as per immigration rules, but more than enough to live on, often including a family.

They still cheating the system and are using false or forged documents, which is criminal.   You can't defend them, maybe you are one of them.   :-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ferguston said:

Let's have a crackdown on people staying in Thailand with Retirement Visas obtained from agents using fake bank accounts.

Nah, let's have a crackdown instead on millennials working online and not paying tax, Immigration and Revenue can win on that one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ferguston said:

How does that work?

The 3 month lock-down period make it impractical just to "borrow" the 800K, unless of course they have an insider in the bank also. But, don't they request you to do a little 20 baht transaction the day u apply for the visa?

7 hours ago, PattayaAngel said:

'Black Eagles'?  where do they get those names from?  I guess the US  but,but,but I'm a 'dreamer' defence ain't going to work here.

"Black Eagles" seems to be a "Dark Color" crackdown.....:coffee1:

5 hours ago, ferguston said:

Impossible. Only you would be left here and have all those woman to yourself ..... stop being Greedy .......................:stoner:

• Haha 2