Ford unleashes first-ever Ranger ‘Raptor’

snoop1130

I live in the mountains in Thailand. So a vehicle with a strong engine for confidently going up steep grades and a good chassis for comfort through the curves that can also haul things and go through rough terrain when asked would be very practical. When I glimpsed the raptor i thought maybe this could be it, but no, sigh. Not with that engine.

I live in the mountains in Thailand. So a vehicle with a strong engine for confidently going up steep grades and a good chassis for comfort through the curves that can also haul things and go through rough terrain when asked would be very practical. When I glimpsed the raptor i thought maybe this could be it, but no, sigh. Not with that engine.

You'd better import an F150 or a Tacoma from Laos then.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

I saw the american version on The Grand Tour with Jeremy Clarkson at the wheel.  Have to say I was quite impressed with it.  Anyone know what price it will be as I have had my Vigo for 8 years now and fancy a change

JAF

Has your 8 years of Vigo been trouble free..?

52 minutes ago, transam said:

They quote specific ratios..Last four are after 1 to 1..Perhaps a very low rear end ratio...

It's the same box as in the F150. I read that the 2.0 is good for about 235HP. So there is some tuning potential and don't have to worry about the trans giving way. The F150 has 691 NM. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canopy said:

Did you miss the part where the figures said this engine produces MORE power than the old 3.2L? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, canopy said:

Man WHAT would you buy then? 

What, in Thailand, is better? 

2 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Did you miss the part where the figures said this engine produces MORE power than the old 3.2L? 

If one is looking for a foot to the floor truck on a daily bases then a couple of horse power may interest, but to me most here want a torquie engine to do the job with reliability, not a high tech thing that may not have longevity built in...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Be interested to know the RPM range those figures arise...

I did read this, and recall it being 1500-2500 rpm. That's a lot of torque from low rpm. The small turbo gets it going then shuts off and the big turbo gives the higher end power. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I did read this, and recall it being 1500-2500 rpm. That's a lot of torque from low rpm. The small turbo gets it going then shuts off and the big turbo gives the higher end power. 

But a narrow band, where l suppose the multi gears come into it's equation...

Peak horse power alone can often be a marketing gimmick because some engines are peaky or only good in unused RPM ranges. I don't know much about either engine but I would suspect the 3.2L could be stronger in important ranges. I'd like to see a dyno comparison of the two engines to form an opinion of which is better.

I don't know the choices of what's out there. Maybe one day a good tuner will drop in a bigger engine? It scares me how Ford describes the raptor as not designed for acceleration. In the mountains passing zones are rare and short and right before blind corners. Every millisecond is needed standing on my old vigo accelerator to stand a chance of passing safely. I would prefer something much more powerful than that for my next vehicle.

Peak horse power alone can often be a marketing gimmick because some engines are peaky or only good in unused RPM ranges. I don't know much about either engine but I would suspect the 3.2L could be stronger in important ranges. I'd like to see a dyno comparison of the two engines to form an opinion of which is better.

I don't know the choices of what's out there. Maybe one day a good tuner will drop in a bigger engine? It scares me how Ford describes the raptor as not designed for acceleration. In the mountains passing zones are rare and short and right before blind corners. Every millisecond is needed standing on my old vigo accelerator to stand a chance of passing safely. I would prefer something much more powerful than that for my next vehicle.

'Nothing'

Glad we got that sorted.

• Thanks 1

People are shitting on the most powerful truck  on the market just because its a Ford.... Lol

It's only the start of the year but let's see what everybody else is going to release

It's worth keeping in mind thais can't afford a huge  v8  that runs on benzene anyway so not much point in marketing one, is there? 

• Like 2

People are shitting on the most powerful truck  on the market just because its a Ford.... Lol

It's only the start of the year but let's see what everybody else is going to release

It's worth keeping in mind thais can't afford a huge  v8  that runs on benzene anyway so not much point in marketing one, is there? 

Lots of ignorance here - just look at Toyota's sales figures!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, canopy said:

mistake.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Odd they sell them full size F150`s and Raptors in the Philippines and yet Thailand has a per capita income twice of the Philippines. 

www.ford.com.ph

You should contact the  Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari and Rolls Royce dealers in Thailand  quickly and tell them they are about to go out of business.

4 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

Odd they sell them full size F150`s and Raptors in the Philippines and yet Thailand has a per capita income twice of the Philippines. 

www.ford.com.ph

You should contact the  Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari and Rolls Royce dealers in Thailand  quickly and tell them they are about to go out of business.

Ford doesnt have F-150's listed for sale on that ford website, and they dont sell the raptor yet either - Its "Coming Soon". 

They sell the Ranger apparently but not the Raptor. 

Its becoming clear that people are confusing the F-150 with the Ranger/Raptor. 

3 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Ford doesnt have F-150's listed for sale on that ford website, and they dont sell the raptor yet either - Its "Coming Soon". 

They sell the Ranger apparently but not the Raptor. 

Its becoming clear that people are confusing the F-150 with the Ranger/Raptor. 

http://ph.priceprice.com/Ford-F-150-F-Series-9333/

if they don t sell them in Phil why do they list the price in Phil pesos

it`s becoming clear that some posters need to stop drinking and go to sleep

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

www.ford.com.ph

Somehow, I doubt ferrari and rolls Royce are aiming for the same clientele as Fords  2 litre diesel but  forward your opinion to [email protected] just to be on  the safe side....:cheesy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Well genius, you were the one that said it.

i didn t know that the merc`s, ferraris and rolls have 2.2 litre diesels inserted before they are sold in  Thailand .

i love it you are so flexible you can argue both sides of an argument at the same time.    self pleasure much

24 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

http://ph.priceprice.com/Ford-F-150-F-Series-9333/

if they don t sell them in Phil why do they list the price in Phil pesos

it`s becoming clear that some posters need to stop drinking and go to sleep

You do understand that those Trucks are imported right? 

And that they are not for sale from Ford in the Philippines right? 

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

9 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

And that they are not for sale from Ford in the Philippines right? 

Yes I can read.  I was showing the fallacy of speedtriplers argument that Thais can t afford  V8.   phil drive on the same side of the road as america so importing is certainly easier than into thailand.  

They sell the ford expedition in Phil.  It is about the size of a garbage truck.  https://www.ford.com.ph/suvs/expedition/

Edited by isaanbanhou

Just now, isaanbanhou said:

Yes I can read.  I was showing the fallacy of speedtriplers argument that Thais can t afford  V8.   phil drive on the same side of the road as america so importing is certainly easier than into thailand.  

Im pretty sure youre the one that needs to set the drink down. Rich flippers importing overpriced pickups proves nothing at all. 

Rich Thais import overpriced everything too but it proves nothing other than there are rich people that buy expensive stuff. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Rich Thais import overpriced everything too but it proves nothing other than there are rich people that buy expensive stuff.

your buddy says thais can t afford a v8,  he hasn t the courage or intelligence to back it up. so he gets his lapdog to do whatever he can to obfuscate the topic.

I`m not surprised the two of you post in unison,  I think it`s called a dutch rudder

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

your buddy says thais can t afford a v8,  he hasn t the courage or intelligence to back it up. so he gets his lapdog to do whatever he can to obfuscate the topic.

I`m not surprised the two of you post in unison,  I think it`s called a dutch rudder

Your logic is just broken.... 

The loaded 1% who  buy ferrari or rolls wouldn't be seen dead in a pickup... 

Have you ever been to thailand?? :smile:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Your logic is just broken.... 

The loaded 1% who  buy ferrari or rolls wouldn't be seen dead in a pickup... 

Have you ever been to thailand?? :smile:

yes , there a bmw and mercedes dealer up the road in Ubon. Even out here in the sticks there is money my friend. The second most unequal income distribution in the world, i believe.   As to your knowledge of the 1%, 555, other than watching lakorn with your teerak, the closest you have been to wealthy is the night the bar manager  of the paradise pub comped you a couple of leos.

4 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:
  6 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Does that mean that the companies that sell luxury cars Thailand are owned by people with inferior minds to you?   

www.facebook.com/rollsroycemotorcarsbangkok

www.bangkok.ferraridealers.com/

www.facebook.com/Bentleythailand

www.lamborghini-bangkok.com/en

www.facebook.com/maserati.thailand

www.facebook.com/Bugatti20