Danger: Male / Female Couple

fanciman

I cannot substantiate, corraborate or provide any further information abou this, but was informed in earnest by a connected thai person to take care. I am taking their message seriously enough to alert others.

There are meant to be 2 Thai people, man and woman, currently operating in Chiang Mai. They stop farangs, and then "take them away". (I don't understand, but it is not good.) I think they might stop people on motor cycles, but the thing to do is get away from them very quickly if you are stopped.

Apparently, this has happened to three people already. The female is meant to be a particularly bad character.

Please be on the look out.

If anybody has heard anything related to this, i would like to hear it.

Since I am unable to support this, you may as well take this message as just talk, but at least i have tried to inform people.

I cannot substantiate, corraborate or provide any further information abou this, but was informed in earnest by a connected thai person to take care. I am taking their message seriously enough to alert others.

There are meant to be 2 Thai people, man and woman, currently operating in Chiang Mai. They stop farangs, and then "take them away". (I don't understand, but it is not good.) I think they might stop people on motor cycles, but the thing to do is get away from them very quickly if you are stopped.

Apparently, this has happened to three people already. The female is meant to be a particularly bad character.

Since I am unable to support this, you may as well take this message as just talk, but at least i have tried to inform people.

may that couple be cursed and burned in hel_l for all eternity. :o

Why the vested interest, and what good would it do you personally? I'm sure if anybody has experienced any problems with a Thai couple with dubious intentions, Thai Visa would be the first to hear about it!

Why the vested interest, and what good would it do you personally? I'm sure if anybody has experienced any problems with a Thai couple with dubious intentions, Thai Visa would be the first to hear about it!

Vested interest? I think you are using the term improperly. Perhaps you mean to ask why I am interested. The answer to that question would be because I am curious.

"Thai Visa would be the first to hear about it!" Certainly, Thai Visa is the first place I have mentioned this to anybody.

I am not sure how they take people away. I could speculate, but that is pointless.

Thank you, Fanciman, for alerting other posters to what could possibly be a dangerous situation for a naive or physically weak person, esp if travelling alone.

Probably most of us in this forum have our wits about us and are unlikely to be scammed by anyone except a slick farang con artist.

In the absence of more details, it does seem unlikely that many farangs could be "disappeared" without witnesses or an attention-attracting struggle. However if guns are involved, anything is possible, so thanks for spreading the word regardless of evidence: a responsible act IMO.

Thank you, Fanciman, for alerting other posters to what could possibly be a dangerous situation for a naive or physically weak person, esp if travelling alone.

Probably most of us in this forum have our wits about us and are unlikely to be scammed by anyone except a slick farang con artist.

In the absence of more details, it does seem unlikely that many farangs could be "disappeared" without witnesses or an attention-attracting struggle. However if guns are involved, anything is possible, so thanks for spreading the word regardless of evidence: a responsible act IMO.

sounds a bit like one of those urban myths to me ! get out of the car and keep walking dont turn around dont look back !

sounds a bit like one of those urban myths to me ! get out of the car and keep walking dont turn around dont look back !

and what if you were a pedestrian and a car pulled up alongside you with a few gun-toting heavies on board? What would you do?

I am not suggesting this is a likely scenario in Chiang Mai at all. Quite the opposite. However, it is possible, anywhere, and it is helpful to be pre-warned even if anything weird is rumored to have happened, don't you think?

Edited by fruittbatt

As your avatar, are you Indian or you just like Ayeshwariya Rai?

Methinks the Trolls are peckish!

I dont think the OP is a troll.

I commend him for letting us know and to remind us to be on our guard..we live in a foreign country thousands of miles from home and can be suceptable to things that happen on the spur of the moment.

I commend him for letting us know and to remind us to be on our guard..we live in a foreign country thousands of miles from home and can be suceptable to things that happen on the spur of the moment.

Still sounds like bullshit, to me

danger is usually not felt by people till it endanger them .

- is nice for someone to warn of any possible danger. but then . there is also being street wise or street smart.

-

-

in the past there been cases where police pose as immragration office a,d take tourist and then kill them robbing their belonging .

so if someone come up to you . without proof . - is best you call it in . or call 191 yourself to check or seek help and so on .

just be safe and protect yourself

guys who think you are lucky or cos you are soem hunk . that some thai chick would pick up up out of no where without demand or any attachment .. do it at your own risk .

Each to his own opinion ....but you have been here so long that you know all the scams and pitfalls that can go down here...some others may not

I would certainly not discount this story out of hand.

Just discussing yesterday with another fairly long term resident about a case a few years ago where an exceedingly well dressed Thai woman used to hang out in some of the watering holes around the town.

Word was that she made her living as a hit woman.

I would never discount anything that might happen here in the realm.

No Sir :o

Agreed Ajarn. The following is another of the rumours being spread by some warped people for the gullible.....................

THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF.PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME AND READ.

Especially the frequent travellers.

The below is true. This happens not only in other countries, it has also occurred in Malaysia, and neighboring countries. They just don't wish to publicize this scams. Read on and pass this to whomever you know or care for.

1. This is a true story, it has been confirmed, the Medical Centre phone number at the end of this story is real. This guy went out on a Saturday night a few weeks ago to a party. He was having a good time and had a couple of beers and some girl seemed to like him & invited him to go to another party. He quickly agreed & decided to go along with her. She took him to a party in some apartment and they continued to drink & even got involved with some drug (unknown). The next thing he knew, he woke up

completely naked in a bathtub filled with ice. He was still feeling the effects of the drugs, but looked around to see he was alone.

He looked down at his chest, which had "CALL 000 or YOU'LL DIE" written on it with lipstick. He saw a phone was on a stand next to the tub so he pick it up & dialled. He explained to the EMS operator what the situation was & that he didn't know where he was, what he took, or why he was really calling. She advised him to get out of the tub. He did, and he appeared normal, so she told him to check his back. He did, he found two 9 inch slits on his lower back. She told him to get back into the tub immediately, and they sent a rescue team over.

Apparently, after being examined, he found out more of what had happened. His kidneys were stolen. They were worth $10,000 each on the black market. Several guesses are in order:

The Second party was a sham, the people involved had to be at least medical students & it was not just recreational drugs he was given. Regardless,he is currently in the hospital on a life support, awaiting a spare kidney. The University of Sydney in conjunction with the Royal Prince Alfred hospital is conducting tissue research to match the victim with a donor. I wish to warn you about a new crime ring that is targeting business travellers. This ring is well organized and well funded, has very skilled personnel & is currently operating in most major cities around the world and recently verymactive in Sydney.

The crime begins when a business traveller goes to a lounge for a drink at the end of the work day. A person in the bar walks up as they sit alone and offers to buy them a drink. The last thing the traveler remembers until they wake up in a hotel room bathtub, their body submerged to their neck in ice, is sipping that drink. There is a note taped to the wall instructing them not to move and to call 000. A phone is on the small table next to the bathtub for them to call.

The business traveller calls 000 who have been quite familiar with this crime.The business traveller is instructed by the 000 operator to very slowly and carefully reach behind them and feel there is a tube protruding from the back. The business traveller finds the tube and answers "YES". The 000 operator tells them to remain still, having already sent paramedics to help.

The Operator knows that both of the traveller's kidneys had been harvested. This is not a scam or out of science fiction novel. It is real. It is documented and confirmable. If you travel or someone close to you travels, please be careful.

Sadly, this is very true. My friend's husband is a Sydney EMT and they have received alerts regarding this crime ring. It is to be taken very seriously. The daughter of a friend of a fire-fighter had this happen to her.

Skilled doctors are performing these crimes! (which, by the way have been highly noted in the Brisbane area).

Additionally, the military has received alerts regarding this.

I REALLY WANT AS MANY PEOPLE TO SEE THIS AS POSSIBLE SO PLEASE BOUNCE THIS TO WHOEVER YOU CAN.

Michele Shafer

DML/Lab Administration

Medical Manager Research & Development

99 Missenden RD , Camperdown, Sydney 2000

Tel:(029)5156111;Fax:(029)4621505

2. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3.30 pm in the Coles parking lot at Noranda by two males, asking what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous Scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate. I probably would have agreed had I not received an email some weeks ago, warning of this scam. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, I pointed at them and told her about how I was sent an email at Work about someone walking up to you at the malls, in parking lots, and asking you to sniff perfume that they are selling at a cheap price.

THIS IS NOT PERFUME - IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out and they'll take your wallet, valuables and heaven knows what else. If it were not for this email, I probably would have sniffed the "perfume",but thanks to the generosity of an emailing friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to me and wanted to do the same for you. These guys hit Sydney and Melbourne 2 weeks ago and now they are doing it in Perth and Queensland

What a load of crap. :o

Edited by Blinky Bill

This is a Old traveller Tale . i had it like 10 years ago when i was backpacking.

not discounting that it possible . all i can say is . take care of yourself .

Human can be very dangerous when it come to creative crime .

just be safe

listen to what people say , don't discount the possibility .

anything can happen . but yet . don't let thing stop you from living a normal life

I would certainly not discount this story out of hand.

Just discussing yesterday with another fairly long term resident about a case a few years ago where an exceedingly well dressed Thai woman used to hang out in some of the watering holes around the town.

Word was that she made her living as a hit woman.

I would never discount anything that might happen here in the realm.

No Sir :D

I think I married her. :o

Edited by Blinky Bill

They are both ghosts, who will tear out your vital organs and ship them by Nok Air to Chinese tourists for transplants.

Newbie tourists can be scammed more easily, but even a small amount of world travel or life experiences puts a reminder in your head that says, "Wait a minute; what's happening?" We all have our gullible moments, but I'd hope that we stop and realize that we do not have to do this, and start looking for a fast escape route. Unless we're stoned at the time.

As your avatar, are you Indian or you just like Ayeshwariya Rai?

yes it is aishwarya rai. she is gorgeous i think. anyone watched Mistress of Spices?

anything can happen anywhere. last month my sis's handbag got snatched away while we were having dinner by two men on a bike. fake registration plates. 20 people we were in a group. nothing we could do about it. this happened in malaysia. popular there. latest trend is to steal public electric cables for the copper and sell em.

anything can happen anywhere and chiang mai is not an exception. :D

curse them bastards.

come on Ajarn, dont beat around the bush, tell us how you really feel!! :o

The five police officers, Police Major Ngen Tongsuk, Police Lieutenant Colonel Sinchai Nimbunkampong, Police Lance Corporal Chaiweng Paduang, Police Sergeant Rundorn Sithiket, and Police Lieutenant Colonel Chadchai Leiamsa-ngoun

Not this bunch, was it?

Hmmm, every oak tree has at least an acorn of truth, is there any missing falang persons last seen in Chang Mai? The last missing person story I was aware of was some young dude in Cambodia a year ago...

On the organ havesting, that is not bullshit, at least not completely. Its actually known to take place in India and Pakistan where the selling 'spare' body organs is a way of life. The actual drugging and 'theft' of organs is less common but exists there also. Usually the poor victim is dumped in a ditch and a single kidney is left so the victim isn't killed outright.

So yes there is a myth but behind it there is still a bit of a monster.

Edited by JimsKnight

This is a old traveller tale when i heard it it was like 10 years ago . and the victim . is backpacker in euro .

of cos as years passes it become a interesting urban lore to talk about during beer out and of cos bunking at odd places.

but i believe in some sence it happen .

new rule had been set up to ban unknown donor for organ .

and also what i heard is cos buyer in amercia is paying large amount of money for such organ transport which offen rich people buy it from blackmarket .. and so on .

There is alot fo sinister deed going on . just that we did not noitce .

there are still slave and illegal entrapment . and many more child seller and of cos drug slave and so on .. around the world .

but is not upon day light you hear about it ..

yes NEWS is powerful . but selective in some sence .

be it true or a urban lore .. you lose notthing by respecting that it possible .

but of cos the choice is yours ..a s this maybe a 1 in a million chances just like lottery .

but then again . some time . luck had it weird way of answering call .

GOOD LUCK

It is true.

A few days ago i was accosted by a Thai couple. The woman promised me sex if I followed her into a strange looking machine. The next I knew I woke up with lots of small big eyed aliens surrounding me. They wanted my sperm and had tricked me in to their space ship.

I'll say it again DON'T TRUST STRANGERS - they could be from another planet.