No more official Honda dealership (Anupas) in Phuket

meinphuket

Always had bookings at Anuphas in all the years....
Come to think of it I did make a booking once and then on another occasion they said just turn up so that's what I always did from then on, but I discovered that making the booking made no difference. I still had to grab a queue ticket when I got there and sit down with everybody else. I didn't get preferential service by booking it. That's Thai style advance booking.

11 hours ago, trd said:
13 hours ago, merijn said:

I tried to make a reservation at the new Honda garage (Maliwan Honda) but according to my wife they don't do bookings for car service and they say that you just have to show up in the morning to get your car serviced.

I find this hard to believe but you never know. (can somebody confirm this)

As both cars are out of their warranty i'm looking for a trustworthy independent car garage where i can service my cars.

Preferable around Kathu area but i'm willing to go wherever he is if required.

If they can speak some English this would be perfect.

You weren't able to make a booking at the now deceased Anuphas Honda either. You just had to turn up and that was never a problem.

Of-course you where able to make reservations at Anuphas for anything.

Always did this without any issues.

Don't want to take the risk by showing up without a reservation and only to find out that they don't have time.

We just got the car serviced at Honda Maliwan last week. It was no problem to make an appointment and they seemed professional.

I did notice that their building is some of the cheapest instant-build building possible; wooden structure with crooked corrugated iron roofs. Seems like it was all set up in a hurry. Could not look down all the way into the "tunnel garage" but they do seem to have enough capacity to service lots of cars at the same time.

My wife had asked to get the front window wipers replaced as they left marks during the rain limiting visibility, but they had not done that as they had tested the wipers and they were still 85% or something. So they washed the windows a couple of times and if visibility was still limited we should wash the window again to make sure no grease was left. Seemed like honest advice as they could have easily made a couple of extra bucks by just replacing them. Its not often that a Thai company rather advices you honestly than milking some extra baht from you. Thumps up for them.

• 1 month later...

Seems like Honda Maliwan has opened a second location in Chalong on Chao Fah west road. They took over some old warehouse and slapped on some new aluminium front-face (can still see the rusty, broken warehouse behind the make-up from the side). Not really confidence inspiring that building but at least it should offer them a bit more bandwidth for servicing cars. Really hope that's just some temporary solution.

• 2 months later...

Maliwan you mean? I didn't check myself but they seem active on Facebook and are talking about a new Naka branch. They have two locations, one in Phuket town and one on Chao Fah west towards Chalong.

I wonder what the experience of TV members with them is. Their Google Maps ratings are not stellar.

42576631_939547552898859_106892742335922176_o.png.ae1d524911b589d057ffa28cc29072d6.png42586412_939610779559203_7705652331001413632_n.jpg.c9f8549e7498895f03e1e292263dc532.jpg

5 hours ago, schlog said:

I made my final decision after using their service in Town. 

I like Honda and had 2 cars from Honda the last 6 years. But next year i will buy no more Honda because of the dealer situation on HKT.

Can you describe your bad experience a bit? Would be helpful for others to watch out. I really want to get the new Accord in February.

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Can you describe your bad experience a bit? Would be helpful for others to watch out. I really want to get the new Accord in February.

It's a mix of reasons. After the service the tyres had far too much pressure. 1 week after they checked the batterie the car didn't start because the batterie was death...... No big things but not reliable imho.

Btw the showroom girls and cashiers were kind and nice but good mechanics are more importent for me.

Also i know they have problems to get car parts in time. Friend had to wait about 2 weeks.

Lack of interest of Honda Thailand in the Phuket market.

Will wait now till 2019 and visit Toyota for the new Camry. Toyota service before was always very good. Not once had a problem.

2018-toyota-camry-xse-v6-price-lovely-2018-toyota-camry-xse-v6-with-toyota-camry-2018-xse-v6-price.jpg

2018-toyota-camry-xse-v6-price-auto-prices-release-in-toyota-camry-2018-xse-v6-price.jpg

16 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Maliwan you mean? I didn't check myself but they seem active on Facebook and are talking about a new Naka branch. They have two locations, one in Phuket town and one on Chao Fah west towards Chalong.

I wonder what the experience of TV members with them is. Their Google Maps ratings are not stellar.

42576631_939547552898859_106892742335922176_o.png.ae1d524911b589d057ffa28cc29072d6.png42586412_939610779559203_7705652331001413632_n.jpg.c9f8549e7498895f03e1e292263dc532.jpg

Maliwan Naka is currently a metal shed used for service although I guess you can buy a Honda there as well. Yesterday looked like some renovations going on inside. I cannot see them re producing as in the above pictures on the current Naka site

I went in as had problems with my air con;

I had replaced the fan up in nan  and it was not working right, took it to Maliwan figuring , ok their a dealer they should know whta they are doing. They put double the amount of gas in and it still was bad,

took the car to my neighborhood guy an he saw the fan was blowing the wrong way,  He reversed the wires

emptied the gas,( told me i was lucky the condenser didn't blow up)  and put the right amount in and it all works fine

i wont EVER take my car back to them

PS:their parts prices are nearly 75% higher than honda

17 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

PS:their parts prices are nearly 75% higher than honda

They *are* Honda. Do you mean they overcharge by nearly 75% over Honda list prices? If so, then I would definitely bring that serious issue to the attention of Honda Thailand. Do you have the receipt?

On Saturday, October 06, 2018 at 3:38 PM, schlog said:

<snip>

Toyota service before was always very good. Not once had a problem.

Toyota opposite Mission Hospital:

Problems on two different occasions out of about 6 or 8 services.

1st problem: After waiting a couple of hours for the service, my number plate was called out so I paid, received the service record with little tick marks hand written in all the boxes, and drove off.

I got a phone call as I was driving down Thepkassatri Road: "Please can you come back as we forgot to do something."

I went back. Me: "What did you forget?" Them: "Everything".

2nd problem: After driving off, I noticed a loud scraping/squeaking noise. Thought it was a vehicle near me. No, it was me. Went back. The idiot mechanic had bent something after taking a wheel off so it was rubbing against the wheel.

Never went back again.

13 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

1st problem: After waiting a couple of hours for the service, my number plate was called out so I paid, received the service record with little tick marks hand written in all the boxes, and drove off.

I got a phone call as I was driving down Thepkassatri Road: "Please can you come back as we forgot to do something."

I went back. Me: "What did you forget?" Them: "Everything".

I've never believed, nor trusted, that mechanics anywhere do each service and tick off the item individually like a pilot's flight check.

A close look at the form has always indicated that all the ticks happen in one go, I'd presumed after the event.

Seems like this mob short cuts it by completing the form before sending it to the workshop!

36 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I've never believed, nor trusted, that mechanics anywhere do each service and tick off the item individually like a pilot's flight check.

A close look at the form has always indicated that all the ticks happen in one go, I'd presumed after the event.

Seems like this mob short cuts it by completing the form before sending it to the workshop!

Spot on. My wife has our 12 year old Isuzu dealer serviced where we bought. Last week we had big water leak problem. Water fitting corroded but also radiator all clogged with dirt and could not be flushed out so replaced it. Asked wife why they did not check that and recommend action. Answer - oh you have to ask for that sort of check. Oh well.   

Archived