Two charged for trafficking underage girls for prostitution targeting foreign customers in Chon Buri

webfact

35 minutes ago, smedly said:

so you are trying to justify this in some way are you - the girl is 14

My friend has a daughter just turned 14 and she still plays with toys

Your friends daughter takes her toys to senior school ??    Here they play with toys at that age but are more or less the same shape.  SOME.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

In some countries you can legally marry at the age of 11yrs. Amazing how high and mighty some people can get and yet when it comes to taking action like protesting one's own government possibly (worth having a look at the legal age that girls can marry back home) they remain quite or couldn't care less.

Of course it goes without saying I am only talking about situations where all participants do so with their full concent.

Point taken- I think....but how can an 11 year old girl 'give full (sic) concent'?  This is why most countries have the 'standard' of 18 years of course. 

17 minutes ago, hstnasia said:

I can’t say much on this since all 3 parties are consented. The Mama is Willin to procure the girl for a fee, the girl is will party for a quick buck (sincere apology if she comes from poor family who needs to get into this trade to support the rest, and that’s a sad sad case) and a perverted foreigner who’s willing to pay. Demand and supply matched, chicken and egg thing I guess. 

RE - the girl is will party for a quick buck

Based on what are you claiming she was willing and not forced?

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

It's very rare for me to praise the police, but a big thanks for nabbing these filthy creatures

The cynic in me says the police nabbed them because the perps were not up to date with this month's Union dues.  Or they were eliminating the competition.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

...as long as men covet young girls and enough unscrupulous local

people who'll fill this demand for pure greed....

Or it might be just the other way around! Years ago I knew a very sexy and cute girl (23) from a beer bar in Naklua. I met her again after some time near Walking Street, where she tried to pimp, first to me, then to other guys, two 17-year old girls. (Quote: "They need money.") Funny thing was, no-one wanted these underage girls, but wanted her instead! But she declined, as she seemed to like her new role better... :passifier:

Obviously, here the locals did not 'fill this demand', but create it!

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Your friends daughter takes her toys to senior school ??    Here they play with toys at that age but are more or less the same shape.  SOME.

now getting angry at some posters on this thread

this girl is a child and anyone trying to somehow justify what went on here needs some serious adjustment 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The cynic in me says the police nabbed them because the perps were not up to date with this month's Union dues.  Or they were eliminating the competition.

....or the premises were empty of colleagues at the time.....:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Formaleins said:

I can never understand these sick bast@ards. There are thousands of working ladies around Thailand who ply their trade yet, these creatures have to go one better and pick up children. What is wrong with them?

Inferiority complex (maybe due to micropenis)?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

This is just a little peek into the underworld of sex trafficking and exploitation.

And, I would speculate that, similar to the full extend of prostitution in Thailand, only a minuscule part of underage sex trafficking and exploitation has to do with foreign 'johns'. The overwhelming rest is (probably) hidden from Thai media and mostly ignored by international organisations, as there are 'no bad white men' involved. Headlines make the few cases where they catch a tourist.

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

It's very rare for me to praise the police, but a big thanks for nabbing these filthy creatures. One more paedo off the streets. 

Let's calm down a minute.
Who says that they're  "off the streets"?
Also,  fifteen's not young enough to make anyone a pedo,  and in France their age of consent's twelve,  adn now they've just said it's OK if they're eleven if they  "consent",  so should we bad French people from our country because legally any one of them could well be attracted to pre-pubescent children,  i.e. a paedophile and child molestor in the technical context.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And I wonder what you are alluding to here?

I agree Jacko I  come here  to talk to other Farangs and i dont use underage girls for sex . So what are you getting at Smedley?  I dont know these 2 scumbags and yes i hope they rot in jail.  Can i make it any plainer to you Smedley i dont like these people Oh well done Thai Police Lock the bastards up throw away the key

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

In some countries you can legally marry at the age of 11yrs. Amazing how high and mighty some people can get and yet when it comes to taking action like protesting one's own government possibly (worth having a look at the legal age that girls can marry back home) they remain quite or couldn't care less.

Of course it goes without saying I am only talking about situations where all participants do so with their full concent.

Betrothing to marriage at a young age and underage prostitution are really quite different things, not that I agree with the former but this is about the latter.

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

This is the sort of activity that gives the place a bad rep' .. And the old trout that helped facilitate it deserves whatever the offender gets .. Which if there's any moral justice here should be a long time in Clink .. 

Any "bad rep"as you call is well earned by Pattaya.

2 hours ago, dopenhagen said:

15 is the legal age of consent in Scandinavia, and many other countries, and they can hardly be called backwards countries... 15 year olds are hardly children incapable of knowing what they are doing in situations like this. Cracking down on a foreigner with a 15 year old and declare it a success in the war against child exploitation is rather silly when so many girls of significant younger age are being seriously trafficked (kept in captivity) and used by Thai men throughout the country. To celebrate the capture of this guy and girl is rather pathetic and reminds most of a witch hunt where the actual nature of the crime is less important than the pleasure the audience gets from pointing fingers and making noise... Pathetic !

Maybe 15 years is the age of consent. But 18 is they age of consent for selling sex (unofficially because this is illegal in Thailand )

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

What more can you say? despite all the extensive efforts by the law enforcement

agencies and other NGO groups those activities is continuing and will continue

to be so as long as men covet young girls and enough unscrupulous local

people who'll fill this demand for pure greed....

that's very true. the law enforcement and NGOs can work to bring down big rackets, but there will continue to be 1-2 people operations where people prey on young and poor families/people. hell, it even happens in the west, so we are kidding ourselves to think it will stop here. that said, if the 'government' leaders allowed their money to go toward programs to build up the Northeast and help the urban poor instead of spending it on golf and watches there might actually be a dent in the problem.

• Like 1

The amount of colors being shown here is rather disturbing...,even down to the little sad faces which I presume really means that one disagrees with a post.

personally, I hope this (and similar stories) gets circulated to every corner of the world, to let people know that Thailand does arrest people for procuring young children for sex... for once... well done BiB.

stopping just one person is a win.... and if I were a god botherer, I would be fervently praying that this spreads to capturing others... lots of others

and please... with the BS about how old a girl looks... check ID every time...... you would check a cars year of make, rather than accept someone’s word that it’s really only two years old, when purchasing... to not do the same with little Lolita, smacks of one thing only

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

now getting angry at some posters on this thread

this girl is a child and anyone trying to somehow justify what went on here needs some serious adjustment 

You made a stupid remark about a 14 year old girl still plays with toys,  sorry but this is not quite normal for a 14 year old teen.  My remarks do not imply this (JUSTIFYING.)    I said throw them in the bin-------PLEASE READ.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

so you are trying to justify this in some way are you - the girl is 14

My friend has a daughter just turned 14 and she still plays with toys

And soon she will play with boys instead of toys ;) (or probably she is doing it already, just not when adults are around)

Body wise a 15 year old is an adult, so it's just normal that a girl in this age is attracted to men and that a man is attracted to the girl, and that's also the reason that about this age is the age of consent in most countries (also in Thailand)

Her mind is of course not adult (sometimes i feel like the mind of my 22 year old GF is still far from adult), so to protect them from being exploited prostitution is illegal when under 18. But paying for sex with a 15 year old girl (or woman) is a complete different thing from a pedophile who maybe rapes a little kid, even if by law it isn't.

Edited by jackdd
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

What has the different age of consent for marrying, with or without parental permission, in various countries got to do with some vile money lusting bitch pimping a 15 year old girl to satisfy the sexual cravings of a despicable old, in this case German, pervert?

Prostitution is legal in Germany, which has the world's largest brothel, and across the border in the Netherlands which has many many brothels located near the German border. But he can't get young underage girls there.

Both deserve severe custodial sentences and hopefully won't be able to buy there way out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The age of consent here in Thailand is 15 ,or 18 if being paid , when i first came to Pattaya 25 years ago , half the bars had 15 year olds working in them ,i am not saying its right , but to be honest the moral indignation from some on here makes me wonder . sometimes its those who shout loudest ,know what i mean?:sad:

You say "i am not saying its right"  but if I say it's wrong loudly, you wonder if I'm a diddler?

I wonder if you miss the old days when paying children to please you was acceptable. I hope you know what I mean

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bartman1369 said:

There is a big difference between willing and coercion. 

...and...??... So you mean that its not willingness nor coercion - but rather something in between? For me it seems to be more like a kind of poor justification from Your side for one reason or another as I doubt that you would have been thinking this way if it was Your daughter - sometimes it can be wise to think twice so the thoughts have time to go through the spam filter before reaching the keyboard ....:coffee1:

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And, I would speculate that, similar to the full extend of prostitution in Thailand, only a minuscule part of underage sex trafficking and exploitation has to do with foreign 'johns'. The overwhelming rest is (probably) hidden from Thai media and mostly ignored by international organisations, as there are 'no bad white men' involved. Headlines make the few cases where they catch a tourist.

From my understanding yes, many many Thai men pay for sex and there plenty of places where 20 minutes is just 500Baht or similar.

I recall 20 years ago a group of young trainees told us that they knew at a quite young age where to go in the backstreets of Bangkok, upcountry cities / towns, in a group, perhaps 5 teenage boys, all put in 20Baht for 10 minutes each with the same girl (probably quite young) and girl happy with overall total of 100Baht. 

I doubt the concept has changed much but nowadays probably more then 20Baht a pop. 

• Haha 1