PLTO approves Phuket Smart Bus for operation, service to begin Feb 28

webfact

PLTO approves Phuket Smart Bus for operation, service to begin Feb 28

Shela Riva

1519036725_1-org.jpg

From right: PKCD chairman Karn Prachumpan, Chief of the PLTO Banyat Kantha, Head of Vehicle Inspection of the PLTO Decha Patawanich and PKCD staff. Photo: PKCD

PHUKET: An official press release sent to The Phuket News today (Feb 19) by Phuket City Development (PKCD) confirms that the Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) has approved their Smart Bus initiative and that the service is set to commence on Feb 28.

PKCD chairman Karn Prachumpan recently welcomed officials from the PLTO for an inspection of the Phuket Smart Bus at the PKCD office at Central Festival East.

Chief of the PLTO Banyat Kantha and Head of Vehicle Inspection of the PLTO Decha Patawanich visited the PKCD office to conduct a system check of the Phuket Smart bus and they confirmed that it was fit for carrying passengers.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/plto-approves-phuket-smart-bus-for-operation-service-to-begin-feb-28-66027.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-02-20
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I'm still trying to work out what's "Smart" about this bus, it seems to be just a bus.

With the taxi and tuk-tuk mafia to do battle with I would suggest it's anything but smart.

Has wifi and some sort of tracking app where the waiter can see where the bus is located and time to bus stop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Has wifi and some sort of tracking app where the waiter can see where the bus is located and time to bus stop.

Let's hope the tuktuk drivers don't use the app to aid its sabotage operations!

In all seriousness, I hope this is a success. I'm looking forward to seeing a route map with a list of stops. 

59 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

What towns in Phuket will the bus exactly stops?

From the link given: "The bus route will start from the airport and go to Cherng Talay, Surin, Kamala, Patong, Karon, Kata, Rawai and then back along the same route."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

From the link given: "The bus route will start from the airport and go to Cherng Talay, Surin, Kamala, Patong, Karon, Kata, Rawai and then back along the same route."

I had not realised to Rawai. I hope they take the coast road over to Rawai else the will be stuck in the Chalong Circle car park for hours.

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

Let's hope the tuktuk drivers don't use the app to aid its sabotage operations!

In all seriousness, I hope this is a success. I'm looking forward to seeing a route map with a list of stops. 

I too hope this will be successful. It's a major step in the right direction for Phuket.

As for the taxi and tuktuk mafia, I think it would be a good idea for the army to post an armed "bus marshall" on each bus for the first few weeks.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I had not realised to Rawai. I hope they take the coast road over to Rawai else the will be stuck in the Chalong Circle car park for hours.

It it goes via Patak Road and Viset Road then there's no need for the tuktuks to sabotage the operation; the roadworks will do the job for them!