Whose land is this in Soi 3?? Public or Hotels??

Huayrat

New Hotel are trying to stop People Parking in Soi 3..Where does there land end is it just before the concrete street post??.. I'm going to the Land office Tomorrow to check as they are affecting other buisnesses.. Any ideas or opinions welcome..20180222_172132.thumb.jpg.a0e69d1be95d1b205484baa9180576bd.jpg

20180222_172106.jpg

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Good luck with that.  When you've finished accessing the land records that the LTD will be so happy to show you, go and throw it in the face of the hotel management.  That'll show 'em.

Simple Question only needs a simple Answer.. It's actually preventing wheelchair users now parking cars so their is more too it than losing face..

14 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Common practice for Thais to put cones (or old chairs or other crap) in the public street outside their shops so as to "reserve" the parking for themselves. They think they own it and inevitably dont care at all about anyone else.

They have a Big underground carpark under the Hotel so have no parking issues.. I think they are putting cones there illegally to stop ppl parking on a public road.. Hopefully the Land office can tell me.. 

Thanks for the Reply

Edited by Huayrat
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

Simple Question only needs a simple Answer.. It's actually preventing wheelchair users now parking cars so their is more too it than losing face..

Didn't say anything about losing 'face', just an observation about the huge waste of your time it would be.

10 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

They have a Big underground carpark under the Hotel so have no parking issues.. I think they are putting cones there illegally to stop ppl parking on a public road.. Hopefully the Land office can tell me.. 

Thanks for the Reply

So in your opinion the concrete posts are the Border line??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Didn't say anything about losing 'face', just an observation about the huge waste of your time it would be.

I understand i might be sat there a while but it will be worth it so the Disabled can park there instead of been bullied

Don't need to go all the way to land office, just look for the round concrete post with markings on top that denotes the corner of the land

having a copy of the deed without the help of surveyor you won't be able to make much sense of where things's supposed to go

Usually where the utility poles or the drainage channel in your pic is probably where the boundary lies, so the cones are just about right, if you can manage to park 'outside' of their boundary without blocking traffic maybe

• Like 2

If that helps?

To me it looks pretty obvious where the road ends and the plots begin.

On both sides you have the drainage grooves that form the border of the public path.

Also you see the individual surface on both sides differing from road surface.

So to me they have every right to put the cones as seen in OPs photos.

soi3.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If that helps?

To me it looks pretty obvious where the road ends and the plots begin.

On both sides you have the drainage grooves that form the border of the public path.

So to me they have every right to put the cones as seen in OPs photos.

soi3.jpg

How did you view this photo?

Did the OP edit his post?   It does not indicate that.

It's from street view April 2017.

A bit older/earlier stage but no contradiction to what I see in the OPs photos.

The drainage groove has not been touched.

Just a "bridge" at the car park entrance.

https://www.google.de/maps/@12.9453754,100.8874602,3a,75y,69.21h,90.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2AlYPBywofCulm6FFTVyTw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

How did you view this photo?

Did the OP edit his post?   It does not indicate that.

So are the Drainage Groves the Border or is it the concrete poles?? 

I always thought it was Directly behind the concrete poles that is Private land..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Don't need to go all the way to land office, just look for the round concrete post with markings on top that denotes the corner of the land

having a copy of the deed without the help of surveyor you won't be able to make much sense of where things's supposed to go

Usually where the utility poles or the drainage channel in your pic is probably where the boundary lies, so the cones are just about right, if you can manage to park 'outside' of their boundary without blocking traffic maybe

Thanks will check Tomorrow

9 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Just park and ignore those cones.     You can push them forward with your car without damage to your car.

Another opportunity to appear in the Pattaya news.

"Foreigner beaten up over parking dispute".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

You can't as the Soi is very narrow.

Next Chinese tour bus will be stuck and you be towed.

You can if the owner of the Derelict land opposite cut the Bloody trees back.. They are overgrown into the soi which then makes the Buses move over further to the right..

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's from street view April 2017.

A bit older/earlier stage but no contradiction to what I see in the OPs photos.

The drainage groove has not been touched.

Just a "bridge" at the car park entrance.

https://www.google.de/maps/@12.9453754,100.8874602,3a,75y,69.21h,90.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2AlYPBywofCulm6FFTVyTw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Congratulations!

That's what I call investigation for a post..

Thank you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Huayrat said:

So are the Drainage Groves the Border or is it the concrete poles?? 

I always thought it was Directly behind the concrete poles that is Private land..

I know when the Army came to Koh Samui that anyone who had built steps or put up notices (hotel names etc) beyond the post were told to remove them because anything beyond the post is public land and one is not allowed to have driveways, steps or signs in that public area.

Also something to be aware of , nothing to do with soi3 but there are many Soi’s in Pattaya that are private Soi’s . Example Soi Chaiapoon and Soi Day night are ones that I know of . I was caught out before for moving cones and parking in Soi Day night as I thought I had the right . WRONG . Nearly had a night in the cells.

1 hour ago, pi2005ni said:

Also something to be aware of , nothing to do with soi3 but there are many Soi’s in Pattaya that are private Soi’s . Example Soi Chaiapoon and Soi Day night are ones that I know of . I was caught out before for moving cones and parking in Soi Day night as I thought I had the right . WRONG . Nearly had a night in the cells.

Soi made in Thailand is another