Chinese tourist dies in fall after rooftop party at luxury Phuket villa

snoop1130

Chinese tourist dies in fall after rooftop party at luxury Phuket villa

Eakkapop Thongtub

1519296098_1.jpg

PHUKET:-- A Chinese tourist on holiday in Phuket with friends has died in what appears to have been a deadly rooftop plunge after a late-night party at a luxury villa in Kamala.

Friends staying at the villa woke late today (Feb 22) to find the body of their friend and compatriot Gao Zhiyu, 30, from Yunnan Province in China, on the ground beside the high-set hillside villa.

Lt Col Somnuek Damkaew of the Kamala Police was consequently notified of the incident at 1pm.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-dies-in-fall-after-rooftop-party-at-luxury-phuket-villa-66068.php#KFh2vjMg8KgX4cXi.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-2-22

One of the things I love about Thailand is the access to rooftops. In my home country, you could never get up to a roof top to enjoy the view. It’s amazing how many people fall off shit, here. I don’t understand it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sebastion said:

Its a roof top. I don't have railing on my roof.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And yet you’re still here to post about it.

Stop trying to protect retards, let nature take its course.

• Haha 1

i have a villa on one of the islands with a roof deck and this has been a constant fear.

we double walled the edges, so people would have to climb over one 110 cm wall step into the drainage channel and climb the second to fall. 

so far so good. 

never rented to the Chinese though. thankfully my neck of the woods has little appeal except to the individualists.

• Thanks 1

And yet you’re still here to post about it.

Stop trying to protect retards, let nature take its course.
Im not protecting anyone. Obviously the guy is stuck in his western mentality and has yet to assimilate into the quirks of Thailand.
Most don't make it past 5 years in Thailand. It chews them up and spits them out so yes, nature will take it's course with this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sebastion said:

Im not protecting anyone. Obviously the guy is stuck in his western mentality and has yet to assimilate into the quirks of Thailand.
Most don't make it past 5 years in Thailand. It chews them up and spits them out so yes, nature will take it's course with this one.

Sorry, that second part of my message wasn’t for you, lol

After a few scoops it boils down to 'the courage of ignorance'

Related to the above are the Darwin reasons that also have a big effect,  it's not as high as it looks,  my mate does this all the time,  it's ok to sit on the edge,  I know it's narrow but if you walk quickly you won't lose your balance,  the more relaxed you are the less likely you are to fall etc etc.

• Sad 1