Dept of Land Transport in partnership with British Embassy Bangkok: improving driving licence procedures for foreign nationals

webfact

8 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Like you don't know , starting the list =

1) driving against traffic 

2) unable to stay in one lane

3) the list is so long

(0) Getting out of bed in the morning

(0.5) Leaving the house

LOL, when in exchange the UK makes the Thai driving license valid on its soil... Well, LOL, but not funny for the many British citizens (and their families) who will lose their limbs, or lives, in accidents caused by these, erm, second grade drivers!

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, siam2007 said:

This project will certainly help to reduce daily incidents like this  :clap2:

That would  be an example of how Thai drivers actually do not drive on the same side of the road as British drivers.

Edited by jacko45k

19 hours ago, webfact said:

This important collaboration illustrates a shared aim of improving driving standards and raising awareness of specific risks on the roads

Does that mean that the RTP are now going to get the Thai loonies who don't have licences off the road, as opposed to accepting bribes ?

• Haha 1

All this bureaucracy is a weak excuse for failing to get police personnel on the streets and monitoring the situation.  Issue your laws then MANAGE your laws.  Sadly Thailand is very poor at management because of the equally poor educational system, which fails to include any reasonable amount of problem solving.

3 hours ago, robertson468 said:

All this bureaucracy is a weak excuse for failing to get police personnel on the streets and monitoring the situation.  Issue your laws then MANAGE your laws.  Sadly Thailand is very poor at management because of the equally poor educational system, which fails to include any reasonable amount of problem solving.

There's a word for that: Thainess.

• Haha 1

On 23/02/2018 at 9:53 PM, bangrak said:

LOL, when in exchange the UK makes the Thai driving license valid on its soil... Well, LOL, but not funny for the many British citizens (and their families) who will lose their limbs, or lives, in accidents caused by these, erm, second grade drivers!

The Thai driving licence is already valid in the UK for 12 months after entry into the country.

On 2/23/2018 at 5:41 AM, Paul Catton said:

Actually find it rather bad taste for April Fools occurring end week of February.

Wrong first week of April is more correct what school did you go to? The British Embassy and Kirsty is giving up on the place and moving on, like expats should also do. finally the locals in charge have joined China and Russia a communist brotherhood working together. Abba said Money money Money locals said in my pocket sod the rest

15 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Wrong first week of April is more correct what school did you go to? The British Embassy and Kirsty is giving up on the place and moving on, like expats should also do. finally the locals in charge have joined China and Russia a communist brotherhood working together. Abba said Money money Money locals said in my pocket sod the rest

I am aware that April Fools day occurs 1st April (sisters birthday too, worst prank ever by mother) and pranks were exercised up until midday on the day, else the "fool" became oneself.

This was practiced throughout Merseyside when I was of youth.

Apparently my sarcasm didn't resonate with you, will try harder next time or pick up my jacket on the way out.

• Like 1