Arsenal

MiG16

So its all down to the last game of the season as we all suspected.

Always the one to worry it has just occurred to me that even if both Sunderland and Newcastle effectively stay up tonight (Newcastle just went 2-1 up) there is then a question of local pride which means neither of these two opponents will be taking it easy next Sunday!

Here's a useless fact for you. Our much superior goal difference is unlikely to come into the reckoning. Mathematically of the 27 potential combinations of points between Arsenal and Spurs at the close of season only 3 are level pointers. Pity that!

Wigan are going to battle for EVERYTHING.

I'm going for a draw. wink.png

jog on. biggrin.png

Newcastle have a better chance than Wigan of taking points from us. Only chance for Wigan is to get 2-0 up by half time, then park a very tired bus. Probably need a couple of Arsenal players sent off too.

I'm going for a draw. wink.png

Unsurprising. If Wigan beat us then Sunderland will fight you like dogs on Sunday!

As opposed to Newcastle who Pardew claims don't care if you beat them 4-0.

Never thought i'd be waking up in the middle of the night to cheer on Wigan!!

I hope we give Wigan a guard of honour, they deserve it.

Then we can kick their <deleted> out of the league with a clear conscience.

Stroll in the park for The Gunners?

No chance but lots of permutations. Wigan play like madmen and get someone sent off, like Stoke did against the tiny totts. Arsenal go in front like they did against Fulham and QPR and then play like men on prozac. Either way I think I'm going to get pissed before the match starts.

Of course Arsenal could just go out and blow them away, which would obviously be my preferred solution.

biggrin.png

I hope we give Wigan a guard of honour, they deserve it.

Then we can kick their <deleted> out of the league with a clear conscience.

Stroll in the park for The Gunners?

No chance but lots of permutations. Wigan play like madmen and get someone sent off, like Stoke did against the tiny totts. Arsenal go in front like they did against Fulham and QPR and then play like men on prozac. Either way I think I'm going to get pissed before the match starts.

Of course Arsenal could just go out and blow them away, which would obviously be my preferred solution.

biggrin.png

I think Arsenal are several classes above Wigan and would be very surprised if they got beat.

I'm going for a draw. ;)

Unsurprising. If Wigan beat us then Sunderland will fight you like dogs on Sunday!

Yeah, Sunderland should chage their name to The Poodles

I think Arsenal are several classes above Wigan and would be very surprised if they got beat.

Same applied last season when they beat us (deservedly) 1-0 at the Emirates. On form Arsenal should take them down, but there's nowt so queer as football.

My guess is that Wigan will fight like tigers in the first half and go 1-0 up. Then they get tired and their wretched defence kicks in. Arsenal score twice early in the second and they cave. 5-1 to the Arsenal!

TIC

Kantharalak

Great equalizer from Maloney, looks like Wigan are certainly up for the fight. Spuds will be happy, although they shouldn't have to be relying on other results at this stage.

Great equalizer from Maloney, looks like Wigan are certainly up for the fight. Spuds will be happy, although they shouldn't have to be relying on other results at this stage.

4-1 up and Arsenal management do not seem to have worked out that getting another goal could be vital. Look at the GD with Chelsea guys, look at the GD!! Somebody needs shooting.

Finished now. Pity - an extra goal could be vital if Chelsea are forced to a draw and if we can win at Newcastle. 4th place is nothing great to shout about as the best players don't want to commit to signing until you've secured your qualification round. Anyway that's all a bit previous - it is still far from over - dunno why the pundits make us the favourites. Newcastle are much more capable of nicking a point from the opposition at St James Park than a travelling Sunderland with only regional prestige to fight for. That said, I recall that Sunderlando did a great job of parking the bus in the first game of the season at the Emirates.

Somebody better wake up the fat ladysmile.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Tony Adams is giving full time analysis.

4:1 full time

Great defender and leader, but never the sharpest knife in the drawer!

They gave us kittens again, did they not Migsy?

I realise now that Arsenal are nearly as much a one-man team as are Spuds. Without Cazorla we would be mid table at best. Major surgery needed in Summer IMO, a couple of biggish signings and some minor tinkering more likely?

Tony Adams is giving full time analysis.

4:1 full time

Great defender and leader, but never the sharpest knife in the drawer!

They gave us kittens again, did they not Migsy?

I realise now that Arsenal are nearly as much a one-man team as are Spuds. Without Cazorla we would be mid table at best. Major surgery needed in Summer IMO, a couple of biggish signings and some minor tinkering more likely?

I'm happy to perform major surgery any time you want for free Santi. biggrin.png

Really? I'm getting a bit bored with it all now. The three teams have each done surprisingly well in terms of points over the last 3 months - you could normally have expected at least one of them to fade. However, the actual performances on display have general IMO not really been up to Champions League quality. A poor season of football.

Sorry - off to bed now - its getting light and the bairn will be waking up soon.

Edited by SantiSuk

Wenger is so classy, he clearly wasn't happy about relegating his friends team.

Fortunately he hates Pardew, so I'm a lot happier now.

Game on.

If class is personified by a number of refusels to shake hands when you are beaten then yes, he;s class.

If not having the balls to hold your hands up when your player has committed a nasty tackle right in front of your eyes claiming you didn't see the incidence, ifacting like a hypocrite and a petulant childen the touchline screaming at the fourth official is class then yes he's one class dude.

No mate, he's a very fine football manager, a hypocrite and a nob.

• Like 2

Wenger is so classy, he clearly wasn't happy about relegating his friends team.

Fortunately he hates Pardew, so I'm a lot happier now.

Game on.

If class is personified by a number of refusels to shake hands when you are beaten then yes, he;s class.

If not having the balls to hold your hands up when your player has committed a nasty tackle right in front of your eyes claiming you didn't see the incidence, ifacting like a hypocrite and a petulant childen the touchline screaming at the fourth official is class then yes he's one class dude.

No mate, he's a very fine football manager, a hypocrite and a nob.

Totally agree.

How you can put 'class' and Wenger in the same sentence is beyond me.

Blind as a bat if any of his players are guilty of bad behavior on the pitch, yet 20/20 vision if its their opponents.

He is a bad loser. But as carmine said, he is also a good manager.