Arsenal

MiG16

Well done Arsenal, title could be yours this season, very slick passing football at times

Alan Hanson doesn't think it can, but I do....top three no question.

Again some of their passing and movement was delightful to watch and what did Ramsay take in the close season?

Well done Arsenal, title could be yours this season, very slick passing football at times

Again some of their passing and movement was delightful to watch and what did Ramsay take in the close season?

He went on the meths-i

He went on the meths-i

Arsenal have some big games coming up. Lets see how you get through those, see how the january window pans out, and don't forget, Wenger says he's challenging for the title every season and none of us take him seriously.

I thought with recent developments Wilshere might find the going tough. Smoking, mouthing off and losing the main playmaker role to Ozil. But he seems rejuvenated and maybe having Ozil take the main reins will be a good thing. He certainly seems to be adapting well and another positive for cruise control Arsenal.coffee1.gif

Oh carmine, could you be any more sulky?

cheesy.gif

Yes i confess its extremely frustrating seeing Arsenal playing so well and top of the league but i just keep telling myself, be sensible, look at the squad, the scenario replaying itself season after season and i just know the bubble going to burst in glorious fashionbiggrin.png

How can a manager, so talented be so remiss when judging the depth of his squad? I'll give you six weeks mate before it starts going tits up.

I've read two interesting things about Arsenal today.

1. November is historically their worst month for getting points in the Prem.

2. They have a squad with depth. (BBC sport. Can't find the link.)

Arsenal got great players on the injury list or am I getting confused?

Not as thin as some would have it. Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain out injured among others. Were they to pick up a decent forward and maybe some insurance in the back come January...who knows how far they can go ? Unlike the other major contenders, Arsenal aren't having to adapt to a new manager and the squad seems to have bought into the Wenger way.

Apologies to Spurs and Liverpool.smile.png

• Like 2

It should be this month, because Ramsey got player of the month and Wenger manager of the month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2449427/Arsene-Wenger-Aaron-Ramsey-win-manager-player-month-awards-September.html

Edited by Chicog

I'm looking at the local CL TV coverage for this week. City will be shown live but it looks like Arsenal will only be on True "streaming" live and the replay shown at 3PM Wednesday afternoon.

Maybe an Astro feed out of Malaysia will have Arsenal live.

I'm looking at the local CL TV coverage for this week. City will be shown live but it looks like Arsenal will only be on True "streaming" live and the replay shown at 3PM Wednesday afternoon.

Yes the Arsenal game would be good to watch for the neutral in parts (not the middle half hour when Arsenal took their foot off the gas or looked battle weary, depending on your point of view).

But if you want a real snorter from the weekend and still have True Visions, look out for the Fiorentina v Juve game. I came across it last night before Spurs kicked off, without having seen it's score. Absolute peach of a game, particularly 2nd half with some excellent talent on display.

Yes the Arsenal game would be good to watch for the neutral in parts (not the middle half hour when Arsenal took their foot off the gas or looked battle weary, depending on your point of view).

But if you want a real snorter from the weekend and still have True Visions, look out for the Fiorentina v Juve game. I came across it last night before Spurs kicked off, without having seen it's score. Absolute peach of a game, particularly 2nd half with some excellent talent on display.

There is also the small matter of AC Milan vs Barcelona tomorrow night... and Real Madrid vs Juve. Thank heavens I'm back in a manageable timezone.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Arsenal v Borussia live on ITV1.

CL round up 2235 GMT ITV1

Edited by uptheos

I caught that Juve vs. Fiorentina match. Scintillating second period. Poor Buffon was overwhelmed.

There is also the small matter of AC Milan vs Barcelona tomorrow night... and Real Madrid vs Juve. Thank heavens I'm back in a manageable timezone.

biggrin.png

<deleted>.tongue.png

Hmmm. Bit of a gifted equaliser for Arsenal by a dodgy looking keeper - we are lucky to be level and not 2-0 down.

Hoping for more than that from the second half otherwise a point would be a good result on the evidence of the first 45.

Ozil gang-marked out of the game. Wilshere not on song and giving the ball away 50% of the time. Needs Cazorla if his one hour on Saturday was not too much for him. Gibbs needs to hang back more - looking far too exposed to their (so far poor) right flank and let Cazorla play wide. Rosicky is playing to form and luckily so are the 2 CBs.

As we suspected Flamini is sorely missed

Edited by SantiSuk