Arsenal

MiG16

That's Arsenal for you. 88 minutes, looking at a recoverable 1-0 and they go charging forward looking for an equaliser, lose their shape and let in a second.

Like Manchester Dhabi, not impossible, but very, very difficult.

At least we can forget about it for three weeks.

And it might be a while before he plays in this competition again. I reckon Fabianski's mum posted the video.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1F18D8AAB61048019630431887360_1a802798ca4.4.8.1454461574269518078.mp4?versionId=7nh93v1aRta_CZDR3HGmjy3UHNBlDFYT

I think we are being a bit unfair. He was only demonstrating how to crack the top off a Heineken bottle .. thirsty work out there!!

No shame; 10 men against Bayern, I think they held their shape pretty well until .. as you say below .. the eagerness for the equaliser left them exposed.

Perhaps Wenger might consider dropping Ozil who is proving to be a 42m luxury show pony that contributes for about twenty minutes a game?

Surely it would have been better replacing him last night with someone that puts in a committed ninety minutes rather than hiding for most of the contest!

Although the Arsenal keeper is an absolute penis of an individual i didn't think justice was served sending him off. The penalty should have been enough. Its a stupid rule that spoils a contest.

This was posted up elsewhere. Looks like Sagna got spat on by a Bayern player???

Think it's Robben.

nah, not having that. robben pisses sweat when he plays, that's just a bead of sweat dripping off his nose.

Not much chance then of Ozil being accused of the samebiggrin.png

• Like 1

The whining doesn't make the result any different, and I'm disappointed Wenger didn't just take it on the chin and admit Schezszhszhzhny made a rick.

But he always protects his players to a fault that man.

He "rested" Giroud, who I'm guessing has spent the week at home getting hit with a frying pan.

Although the Arsenal keeper is an absolute penis of an individual i didn't think justice was served sending him off. The penalty should have been enough. Its a stupid rule that spoils a contest.

Stupid rule or not carms, he was rightly given a red for denying a goalscoring opp.

I have no sympathy for him purely cos his mouth is bigger than his arse.laugh.png

Watched it Mulligans in soi 11 so i was even more shattered by the time I got back to the condo, having fought my way thru a sea of ladyboys and pavement-hogging bars.

'Fraid I had a 'falang moment' with the staff at Mulligans when the caesar salad I ordered at the end of the first half turned up as I announced check bin. Unseemly (to Thais) loss of temper, borne of frustration having watched an honourable but narrow defeat snatched away from us at the end.

No complaints from me about the sending off, but FIFA surely has to do something about this stupid rule that sees one man's stupid error completely ruin a game of football (you might say two games of football, as there is not a cat in hell's chance that Arsenal can repeat the 'caught em on the hop' trick). So daft when the solution is so obvious - give the refs the power in that situation to award a penalty goal (together with a yellow card).

Saw the clip later where Flamini had a right old go at Ozil - worrying the way things are shaping up for our biggest investment.

Edited by SantiSuk

Strange bird is Ozil. A wonderfully talented player, but he increasingly looks like a pouter and more concerned about himself than the club. Maybe grandaddy Wenger can get him straightened out, along with some dressing downs from Flamini and the BFG. I'd sure as hell hate to give any credit to Real Madrid, but maybe they knew more about Ozil than some gave them credit for. A horrible thought but...

Caesar salad....omg Santi...at 4am?....living the high life as usual....there's a great place with live tiger prawns in the alley between So is 7 and 5....grill an eat by the kilo next time before you go to Mulligans.

Class is born to us but we can try to educate you lot I suppose....

Edited by smokie36

Caesar salad....omg Santi...at 4am?....living the high life as usual....there's a great place with live tiger prawns in the alley between So is 7 and 5....grill an eat by the kilo next time before you go to Mulligans.

Thanks for the tip Smokie. I'll be back in the petite bosom of Bangkok soon.smile.png

Strange bird is Ozil. A wonderfully talented player, but he increasingly looks like a pouter and more concerned about himself than the club. Maybe grandaddy Wenger can get him straightened out, along with some dressing downs from Flamini and the BFG. I'd sure as hell hate to give any credit to Real Madrid, but maybe they knew more about Ozil than some gave them credit for. A horrible thought but...

Nancy boy finding a bit too rough and tough, strange really as his apparent football upbringing was rough and tough.

Far from a horrible thought there jelly, it's a champagne corking moment to cheers ;)

arsenal fan. what have you got on the menu that's named after a former arsenal player? ah, the gus caesar salad. i'll have that then.

arsenal fan. what have you got on the menu that's named after a former arsenal player? ah, the gus caesar salad. i'll have that then.

With some pat Rice?

Oh God what have you started. And don't forget our Chairman, Sir Chips.....

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but the alleyway between 5 and 7 has been closed for a couple of months now.

What's the prognosis ?

If you mean for the alleyway. Closed for redevelopment. Some of the girls believe it will be a disco, but TIT - probably another boof**ckingteak hotel!

If you mean what's the prognosis for good food - don't ask me; I ate at:

Beer Garden (not as good for Thai food as it used to be)

Dosa King

Uzuki (Japanese)

Street table outside my condo - twice (great Pad Thai)

KFC

Tesco food court

711 ("shai - wave khrap")

See what I mean?

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but the alleyway between 5 and 7 has been closed for a couple of months now.

What's the prognosis ?

If you mean for the alleyway. Closed for redevelopment. Some of the girls believe it will be a disco, but TIT - probably another boof**ckingteak hotel!

Dosa King

Uzuki (Japanese)

KFC

Tesco food court

See what I mean?

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going to happen to my favorite BKK alley. That alley gives me the impression of not having changed too much since the war. Plus, its a great short cut from soi 7 to soi 5. My guess is that its more "progress", a la the Federal Hotel being replaced by a condo on soi 11. A shame.

What's the prognosis ?

Dosa King

Uzuki (Japanese)

KFC

Tesco food court

See what I mean?

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going to happen to my favorite BKK alley. That alley gives me the impression of not having changed too much since the war. Plus, its a great short cut from soi 7 to soi 5. My guess is that its more "progress", a la the Federal Hotel being replaced by a condo on soi 11. A shame.

Hmm..... a soi jellydog loitering the Bangkok alley's hmm biggrin.png

Hoping for a bounce-back day today against the Black Cats, but they are dangerously inconsistent. At least with Poyet at the helm (a good appointment, bettered only by OG Solskjaer I suspect this season) we wont get their parked buses of old

The one positive to be taken from that mayhem on Wednesday was a very powerful showing pre-penalty miss; the best we have played this year by miles. Sanogo looked an exciting prospect while we were going at the munchmen - deserves to be given another start over the faltering Giroud. The press think Ozil should be rested, I don't agree in the circs - needs to get back on the bike - even though that means another undeserved benchstart for Podolski.

No problems with Flaphandski starting these days - his loyalty and circumspection deserve credit and I'm sure Wenger will want to punish the Polski Knob (whose antics are starting to acquire durable cult-status) for the w888er gesture, which was aimed no doubt at greaseball Schneider, not the ref.

No Gibbs but good news that it is seemingly not a hamstring; his replacement is more of a problem, as the Spaniard is starting to acquire Santos-like capabilities of reading the game (ok that's a gross exaggeration).

Only a goal fest will truly blow away the blues. 2-1 much more likely. Thankfully not Liverpool or Man City today.

Good to see Wenger shutting up the hacks asking him why he plays Sanogo:

"Sanogo is world champion of the Under-20s, if he was an English centre-forward and was world champion of the Under-20s, you would not ask me these questions. It's as simple as that."

Mind you he then went on to compare him with Anelka.

biggrin.png

Wherever you look, the seamy side of Asia is being lost forever xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png.

Its a worldwide phenomenon led by carnivorous real estate developers and the trolling city officials who snap up their ready, and not easily traced cash. Ah, but its the early morning, I've only had one cup of coffee and I'm breaking my rule of not digressing from football.coffee1.gif

So, I've never seen Sanogo play until very recently. He must have been lights out before, but all I've seen is a tall, rangy, awkward guy with a poor first touch. What am I missing ?