Arsenal

MiG16

Your boys looking well up for it in training anyway.Bhl37BEIMAAqEQ5.jpg

I bet they feel right chumps now and they should. All Hughes had to do was put this up in the dressing room and hand Jones an envelope.

I take that back as it seems none of them had anything to do with it.

BbYvb4zIAAAl7Bx.jpg

Pity that all this well-choreographed bonhommie in the camp - many examples of late - cannot translate into performances on the field. Deary me, that was dire in the extreme and as I look back I cannot recall a good performance this side of Christmas (or probably this side of Ramsey's injury to be more precise), other than the Sunderland gimme. I detest our over-relaxed approach to first halves - I'm usually climbing the wall by half time.

Not all Wenger's fault - the boys (other than back 5) have to start stepping up or there's going to be some heads rolling in Summer!! If Arsene uses the 'no opportunity' excuse not to buy a world class striker this Summer I shall definitely get back on the "board out" trail.

For once I agree with Smokie - we have been quite lucky with injuries, though Ramsey could turn out to have been the worst possible one, and yes we miss Theo's pace option and yes we need to start Ox more often or at least not wait until the 60th minute for subs (a repeated Wenger weakness IMO). 'Pool have been relatively lucky with injuries too, but I take my hat off to their run of attractive form.

Pity that all this well-choreographed bonhommie in the camp - many examples of late - cannot translate into performances on the field. Deary me, that was dire in the extreme and as I look back I cannot recall a good performance this side of Christmas (or probably this side of Ramsey's injury to be more precise), other than the Sunderland gimme. I detest our over-relaxed approach to first halves - I'm usually climbing the wall by half time.

Not all Wenger's fault - the boys (other than back 5) have to start stepping up or there's going to be some heads rolling in Summer!! If Arsene uses the 'no opportunity' excuse not to buy a world class striker this Summer I shall definitely get back on the "board out" trail.

For once I agree with Smokie - we have been quite lucky with injuries, though Ramsey could turn out to have been the worst possible one, and yes we miss Theo's pace option and yes we need to start Ox more often or at least not wait until the 60th minute for subs (a repeated Wenger weakness IMO). 'Pool have been relatively lucky with injuries too, but I take my hat off to their run of attractive form.

I made the comment about you being lucky with injuries so could it be you are agreeing with me?!!!!!w00t.gif

I made the comment about you being lucky with injuries so could it be you are agreeing with me?!!!!!w00t.gif

Oh bless, was it a bit too hard to admit!!!

biggrin.png

Out of any club in the league Arsenal have the biggest 6 weeks of the season now….it has started with 3 points dropped at Stoke. It's not unreasonable to think you might be 5th or 6th by April 6.

You're such a tease!!!!!! Just imagine it...laugh.png

Looks like Wenger won't be shaking many hands in the near future. wink.png

Out of any club in the league Arsenal have the biggest 6 weeks of the season now….it has started with 3 points dropped at Stoke. It's not unreasonable to think you might be 5th or 6th by April 6.

You're such a tease!!!!!! Just imagine it...laugh.png

Looks like Wenger won't be shaking many hands in the near future. wink.png

biggrin.png it's great when possibilities are real enough that you can openly post such comments without being called out for trolling whistling.gif

Out of those next six matches I think they could beat Everton in the FA Cup but the rest are really tough matches and for a team whose engine is starting to wear.

A Tottenham fan once again going "This is our Year!".

Bless 'em, always optimistic.

Of course it's all new turf for the Mickey Mousers, they haven't looked this good since they last narrowly failed to win the league back in, er, when was it? 1989?

thumbsup.gif

Keep talking us down if you like, because I know you've both got your wet little fingers crossed behind your backs, in the tiny totts case as usual.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Of course it's all new turf for the Mickey Mousers, they haven't looked this good since they last narrowly failed to win the league back in, er, when was it? 1989?

Only 20 years out Chics...Nice try thoughwink.png

Edited by wilai

A Tottenham fan once again going "This is our Year!".

Bless 'em, always optimistic.

thumbsup.gif

Keep talking us down if you like, because I know you've both got your wet little fingers crossed behind your backs, in the tiny totts case as usual.

biggrin.png

that would be 2009 when we finished second with a record points total and lost out on the title only to a man united side which racked up 14 clean sheets in succession in the new year.

shall we have a discussion about arsenal's last trophy win? like since then members of arsenal's last trophy-winning team from 2005 have won 53 trophies elsewhere? that more than a billion people have been born? that 52 of the 92 league clubs have won a trophy? new turf my arse.

That's old hat mate, we've been building a new stadium and not spending money on players.

You've spent how much since the Premiership started and you still haven't won it so why would I be bothered?

biggrin.png

Only 20 years out Chics...Nice try though

Sorry Wilai, I don't keep tabs on when we last finished 2nd, so why would I remember anyone else doing it?

That's kinda why I asked a question instead of making a statement.

So you actually remember coming second?

thumbsup.gif

Santisuk.... "Pool have been relatively lucky with injuries too"

Sakho, Agger, Enrique, Johnson, Flanno and Lucas....all out for more than a third of the season each. That is the entire defensive unit! No wonder we ship a few! Also missed a certain Sturridge for a while as well. Not sure which planet you are from but it certainly isn't called realitybiggrin.png

• Like 2

Sakho, Agger, Enrique, Johnson, Flanno and Lucas....all out for more than a third of the season each. That is the entire defensive unit! No wonder we ship a few! Also missed a certain Sturridge for a while as well. Not sure which planet you are from but it certainly isn't called realitybiggrin.png

Those two make a big difference, but I understand Enrique is some time away yet......excellent left back.

that would be 2009 when we finished second with a record points total and lost out on the title only to a man united side which racked up 14 clean sheets in succession in the new year.

shall we have a discussion about arsenal's last trophy win? like since then members of arsenal's last trophy-winning team from 2005 have won 53 trophies elsewhere? that more than a billion people have been born? that 52 of the 92 league clubs have won a trophy? new turf my arse.

That's old hat mate, we've been building a new stadium and not spending money on players.

You've spent how much since the Premiership started and you still haven't won it so why would I be bothered?

biggrin.png

since arsenal last won a trophy:

"Arsenal have spent an incredible £227,500,000 on new players."

"Arsene Wenger has earned approximately £63.5m in wages."

but it is a lovely new stadium like. that specially-designed noise-dampening insulation they put in must have cost a packet.

biggrin.png

but it is a lovely new stadium like. that specially-designed noise-dampening insulation they put in must have cost a packet.

laugh.png

• Like 1

Those two make a big difference, but I understand Enrique is some time away yet......excellent left back.

Coutinho was out for a decent spell also...

If the back can be tightened up, I see no reason why you can't have a shot at the title. But no doubt someone will break

Suarez's leg and dash that hope. It amazes me how he escapes so many possible leg breakers.

Edited by uptheos

If the back can be tightened up, I see no reason why you can't have a shot at the title. But no doubt someone will break

Suarez's leg and dash that hope. It amazes me how he escapes so many possible leg breakers.

I can't believe the lad never gets injured full-stop. His work rate, challenges, involvement in the game, yet the manager doesn't dare take him off in injury time. I suppose he's had plenty of bans to recover wink.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

biggrin.png

Not a lot of point in having a serious discussion if you are just going to make up numbers and expect to be taken seriously (Wenger's wages apart and he's earned every penny).

In the ten years up to 2011 Wenger's net spend was 48m.

In the last five years, Wenger's net spend has been around 40m (most from Ozil).

In 2002 Arsenal took on 390m in debt to build the stadium, and he's not only paid off 300m of it, but he's got the club making a nice post-tax profit every year.

I'd ask you to do the maths, but you're clearly not very good at it.

cheesy.gif

P.S. According to Henry today, there WAS a 40m Release Clause in Gnasher's contract, but he chose not to honour it (not that I blame him).

It's a lovely day out there guys. Must be something better to do than swap all this fanzone BSsmile.png.

Already done me golf mate...37 points on Eastern Star...1,600 baht in the pocket. Either this or Maths homework with the little fella! Anyway....you started itbiggrin.png

It's a lovely day out there guys. Must be something better to do than swap all this fanzone BSsmile.png.

Already done me golf mate...37 points on Eastern Star...1,600 baht in the pocket. Either this or Maths homework with the little fella! Anyway....you started itbiggrin.png

You skipped your child's education to play golf? Shame on you.

Now get to him and do your duty as a father, you're not in Liverpool now you know.

biggrin.png

• Like 1