Arsenal

MiG16

Well you can't blame us, they did a medical on him....

Barcelona's £15m signing Thomas Vermaelen cannot start training with his new team-mates yet because he is carrying an injury from the World Cup.

Vermaelen completed a move from Arsenal on Sunday after passing a medical.

The centre-back has not played since injuring a hamstring in Belgium's 1-0 World Cup group win over Russia.

"The player will undergo physiotherapy, and the evolution of the injury will determine when he returns to training," read a Barcelona statement.

Just watched Match of the Day. Pretty decisive I would have (hate) to say! Shame about Citeh's new number one goalie. So the Gooners are up and running.... looking forwards to 27 September - bring it on !!!

Edited by iancnx

Just watched Match of the Day. Pretty decisive I would have (hate) to say! Shame about Citeh's new number one goalie. So the Gooners are up and running.... looking forwards to 27 September - bring it on !!!

I think you said that last year and then disappeared.

biggrin.png

Let's hope Baldini hasn't seen it, or he might sign her.

You could very well end up looking very stupid indeed over your comments about Baldini.

You need to start doing your homework before making snap judgements/trolling because its going to come back to haunt you, and you are going to end up getting crucified for it.

Just a word to the wise as Lamela and Capoue are finally fit and immediately hit the ground running along with that other Baldini player, Eriksen

biggrin.png Sorry lads, back on topic.....who have you bought now?

Yep, back to the knitting...

Cavani rumour will not go away and Arsene quoted as being enthusiastic and not put off by the 51m price tag. Depends on whether RM will release Di Maria to the arabian frog.

Also rumoured to be interested in barcode Chiek Tiote now that Khedira is reportedly not for sale and Porto are reportedly sticking at the 37m way-overpriced release clause for Carvallho.

Maybe Tiote meets Chicog's 'monster' requirement - a foul monster and not one I have ever liked. Cheap at 8 mil, young (enough to benefit from some personal attention from Bould*?), willing to leave and apparently the stats say he is an effective passer of the ball - once he has chopped you down!

All rumour mill stuff, but looks like Arsene is far from finished. Last days of the window could be interesting! You know with the Prof though that stupid money is reserved only for genuine class acts (your cue for another dig at Mesut, Carmine) and if noone takes his fancy he is happy to pass and take the frustrated blows of so-called fans, like metongue.png.

I doubt he'll get serious $hit this time around anyway - if he can't get anyone decent we know it's because noone decent was getable. In Wenger we trust.

*I'd like to see Steve being given the Milk Cup games to run this season. Madness that the top 4/5 clubs have to have their managers on parade twice a week in the first half of the season.

Edited by SantiSuk

^ Flamini/Tiote as double pivot (or whatever you wanna call it!) That will end in tearsfacepalm.gif

Hope Coutinho misses the game against Arsenal if he's up against those two gentlemenwai.gif

yeah if theres a doubt about him ,its hes a touch frail .

^ Flamini/Tiote as double pivot (or whatever you wanna call it!) That will end in tearsfacepalm.gif

Hope Coutinho misses the game against Arsenal if he's up against those two gentlemenwai.gif

Tiote !!?? (makes sign of the cross).

Let's hope Baldini hasn't seen it, or he might sign her.

You could very well end up looking very stupid indeed over your comments about Baldini.

You need to start doing your homework before making snap judgements/trolling because its going to come back to haunt you, and you are going to end up getting crucified for it.

Just a word to the wise as Lamela and Capoue are finally fit and immediately hit the ground running along with that other Baldini player, Eriksen

biggrin.png Sorry lads, back on topic.....who have you bought now?

32 players and Pochettino is looking to offload big time.

Who goes?

If he keeps the Baldini players he still has to show everybody that he can get them to gel.

Alan Sugar was right about kid in the sweet shop with the Bale money.

Back to Arsenal...business looks to be far from completed.

The only Premier League team with a home win today.

To be honest they were a bit thick. Palace worked their nuts off and no-one could run with the ball, but instead of passing and moving they kept trying to run with it, which meant every move broke down. 70+ possession but little by way of chances to show for it.

Couple that with ten minutes of the game being the Palace goalkeeper taking free kicks and goal kicks and I thought it was going to get away from us.

But Hangeland had no legs when Giroud won the header and there was our most important player to pick up the rebound.

Nice one, bit sloppy but not every three points has to be pretty, and more importantly no injuries for the Europe trip.

Joint top and Stoke are in the relegation zone.

Result.

biggrin.png

I reckon the stuttering start was down to the lack of a dominant striker (Giroud not fit enough to start yet, why is that I wonder?) capable of pulling the defence around in the penalty area and leaving the gaps for the likes of Sanchez and Ramsey; capable of getting on those crossed balls that Sanchez is good at delivering. I thought Sanogo sat too deep and is not yet a reserve lead striker for a title contending team; I've not been convinced by Joel over the last year despite the WC hype.

I now think that spending money on the lead striker role takes priority over the other DMF need. If no 50m No 1 guys are available then Arsene needs to find a 15m Eto No 2 type and put one of Sanogo or Campbell out on loan. Even 2 meter Peter would do a better job of troubling the centre backs.

More defensive work needed on set piece high balls, otherwise pretty good at the back.

Wilshere looks capable of recovering his old promise, The Ox less so. Encouraging that Jack was not one of the many on the park that was flying in to stupid tackles. Elsewhere I was quite worried as to what was up with Gibbs - very uncharacteristic non-performance, he left me with the impression of standing around on the half-way line like a wet lemon. Monreal has started to look more like the money we paid 2 years ago; maybe Gibbs can't take the competition, but more likely he was off-colour.

Noone else starred or stank. Looked like a worrying start until the 91st minute, but given our 5 year record of no wins on match Day 1 even a draw would not have been a disaster.

Straight on a plane to Besiktas today or tomorrow? Need to get the three Hun back into the mix quick! Progression in the CL is more important than getting a flying EPL start and that Tuesday night game is not going to be a cakewalk.

Wilshere looks capable of recovering his old promise, The Ox less so.

Tosh Santi.

We were a much better side offensively once Wilshere was off and Oxtail-Chamberpot came on.

Jack was as guilty as everyone else of holding on to the ball too long and giving it away.

FYI That's the first opening day we've won since 2009.

Six EPL wins on the bounce too, nice to keep the run going.

I wonder how long Palace are going to play that kind of football now Pulis has gone? It takes its toll and they looked knackered at the end of it.

OK so you have a different viewpoint Chicog - fine. I can live with that, but why do you have to be rude? Its no surprise to me that other Arsenal fans in Thailand do not come on this thread!

I'll carry on talking $hit and you'll carry on disagreeing but it'd be nice if you could tone down the attitude.

I just said tosh man calm yerself down.

smile.png

Yeah, reading it again today it looks like more than a little over-reaction (no alcohol yesterday either!)facepalm.gif

Should have celebrated the fact that you didn't demur from the 9 other points in the postlaugh.png

I find generally that 95% of the population are thinner-skinned than the other 5% can believe

And ... I have never eaten a prawn sandwich at a football match in my life Smokie. (woops - there I go again)

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

OK so you have a different viewpoint Chicog - fine. I can live with that, but why do you have to be rude? Its no surprise to me that other Arsenal fans in Thailand do not come on this thread!

I'll carry on talking $hit and you'll carry on disagreeing but it'd be nice if you could tone down the attitude.

I didn't realize there was any laugh.png

• Like 1

Cheap shot Alfietongue.png

A few of them chat to me on PMs - hence the point (which applies more widely to the football forum)!

Edited by SantiSuk

Cheap shot Alfietongue.png

A few of them chat to me on PMs - hence the point (which applies more widely to the football forum)!

That's a trait of an Arsenal fan ! don't like to make themselves heard whistling.gif

I see you are throwing your prawn sarnies at each other already.....carry on chaps!

I love a new season....gets the blood racing.....tongue.png

let them squabble with each other!! Its been a few seasons now since there was any passion shown on this thread and lets face it, anythings better than when they start posting photos of Wenger mincing around in his swimming trunks!!xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png