Arsenal

MiG16

sour grapes the lot of them whistling.gif

like I care rolleyes.gif

My support is a bit wavering I must confess! Even the circus that is Henri's return could not disguise an appallingly bad performance up front which mae for frustrating watching. OK so it was mostly second team stuff but even they should be better at finishing off a poor Leeds team. Felt a twinge of sorry for Chamakh though - he clearly knows that he must be close to having been given the last of many chances by Arsene.

Good to see Migsy posting in series and the return of some other Gooners - thought I had frightened them all off!

Santi your commentator skill is too good so I haven't got much else to say :D

But I'm always keeping an eye on you. And yes including have sensed your flickering support.

I do understand the fans who are frustrated of course. And yes while I know my support is still strong I also realise that if we don't deliver results it can get to the stage where we won't be able to draw talent to the club (in the much longer term)

But anyhow that's just theoretically speaking :D

In reality, Looking forward to more wins :D

Tonight marks the start of the Arsenal denouement.

Good lord, Walcott has just levelled.

Oh - right first time - Swansea just re-took the lead

Whatever happens tonight (Swanasea should run out of naive steam soon) I can't help feeling we are doomed to several years in the wilderness (top 6 not top 4) until a new team emerges under a new manager. Also can't help feeling it has to happen. We cannot go on as the nowhere nearly men for year on year.

Looking on the bright side we are without 5 of our first choice team including the second, fourth and fifth best players. Vermaelen (2nd), Wilshere (4th), Sagna (5th), Arteta and Santos/Gibbs

rolleyes.gif Calm down migsy. You were outplayed tonight by a very good Swansea side.

55% possession and 81% pass completion tells its story. They have been tough at home for all of us.

Chill out...cool.png

Apart from Swansea's average possession this season is 55.8% and pass completion 85.8% and they are in 8th spot.

Monsieur Arsene, i'm so urbane and cultured" Wenger really is making a fool of himself now, season after season. Its never fair, never his fault, they always deserved it, oh oh i'm sulking and i wont shake hands with the other manager.

Swansea are a good side Wenger and its about time you showed some respect to other teams.

Swansea are an exceptional team in many respects - not just their Barcelona type football.

I believe the club is owned by a bed and breakfast owner and a Group of fans and their last reported wage bill - that was before promotion was 8.3m. That is less than say Wayne Rooney earns. I also think that Brendan Rogers might go places.

Where's that arsenal in decline thread_i have only been a tv member for 6 years now so maybe its before my time, migsy can you help? wink.png

laugh.png

<puts on a 'don't mess with me sign mad.gif' for the week>

can someone or two translate the above into canadian and scottish

mad.gifmad.gif

Where's that arsenal in decline thread_i have only been a tv member for 6 years now so maybe its before my time, migsy can you help? wink.png

laugh.png

<puts on a 'don't mess with me sign mad.gif' for the week>

can someone or two translate the above into canadian and scottish

mad.gifmad.gif

i will try Migsy.

eff off ! mad.gif

just wait until they get gubbed at the Emirates. wink.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by tigerfish

I just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread. I guess you lot aint seeing too well through the tears.

i have selective attention and tend not to see pesky ants, and may occasionally step on them unintentionally :whistling:

i will try Migsy.

eff off ! mad.gif

that made me smile Tiger :D

Monsieur Arsene, i'm so urbane and cultured" Wenger really is making a fool of himself now, season after season. Its never fair, never his fault, they always deserved it, oh oh i'm sulking and i wont shake hands with the other manager.

Swansea are a good side Wenger and its about time you showed some respect to other teams.

Agree absolutely. His belief that Dyer dived for the penalty was disgraceful one-eyemanship even by his distorted standards. A I don't think Dyer made too much of it, B Ramsey stuck his foot out and trapped his non-playing foot in circumstances where he had no right to be dangling leags about and C none of the Arsenal team objected to the decision.Stone cold penalty. Swansea clearly deserved to win in any event, cos our team was crappy on Sunday.

It was 6 first choice players out for the Swansea game - I forgot Gervinho in a prior posting. The only first teamers on the pitch were vanP, Theo, Czesney, Koscielny (the only improving player this year apart from vanP) and Ramsey. None of the analysts seemed to focus on how depleted Arsenal are beyond a reference to struggling to keep a consistent defense with their injuries.

Yes - I am coming up with excuses, but valid ones! We'll still be thereabouts for the top 4 (but very probably not 'there' and probably minus vanP, which will be the final nail in Wenger's coffin) at the end of the season. How close we get depends on how quickly the injuries come-back. Arsene is notorious (at least in my book) about being too optimistic about injury returnees. Wilshere should be back by end January - but I'll bet its late Feb or March. Have to say I agree with Smokie - beating Spurs at the Emirates would, even if acheived, be a hollow victory this year.

The one manager who must surely understand the economic dynamics of 6 teams competing for 4 CL places is Arsene Wenger. He is an economist and it is pure game theory. He knows that any strategy that is based on consistently achieving CL is flawed and the only guaranteed winning strategy is to have a sustainable business without CL. Then he knows the costs of attaining CL (say currently 150m) will increasingly outweigh the benefits (40m) until they are unsustainable and when costs are cut the teams will become grossly inefficient because they have a maturity mismatch.

Yeh mrbo can u sort him out please :angry:

You know who it is.......

Reddy he's taken it beyond the Internet. My own foolishness for having a Manu as a semi friend of sort

Lol

Yeh mrbo can u sort him out please mad.gif

You know who it is.......

Reddy he's taken it beyond the Internet. My own foolishness for having a Manu as a semi friend of sort

Lol

Didn't I tell ya to stop boozing in the Offshore? Head down to Soi 8 pub and he'll be too busy across the soi to bother anyone! biggrin.png