Bangkok's seedy side - where sex with an 83 year old and a young boy is available on the street for 300 baht

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah, the other day i was offer an 83 year old woman who was pregnant and also mentally

impered for 300 baht, of course i have declined, 

I don't know where Thairath brings this silly statistics from, and anyone who's been around

nightlife knows that those numbers are not true...

who are you to say what is available for domestic consumption?

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

83 year olds selling themselves for sex for 300 baht. I`m 62 and can`t even give myself away.

....due to lack of experience....:coffee1:

2 hours ago, Jools said:

Sometimes, I have to stifle the urge to vomit, when I read items like this. 83 year olds and young boys.  Depravity knows no limit in Bangkok. Thanks, expats. :sad:

Expats, you have actually researched  and established this as fact, have you? 

• Like 2

Anti-prostitution groups like to connect all prostitution with this kind of weirdness.  By far the majority that I'm seeing are women from 18-40.  As far as having sex with pregnant or old women, is that really a moral problem?  The only thing of concern here from my perspective is the mentally ill angle.  Sick people need to be taken care of and protected.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading through the comments, with some exceptions of course, I miss empathy.
Homeless people are not a proper subject for cheap jokes,
nor are they spreading their legs to make a living.
It is for buying the next meal !
For sure, it is not for fun.

2 minutes ago, KKr said:

Reading through the comments, with some exceptions of course, I miss empathy.
Homeless people are not a proper subject for cheap jokes,
nor are they spreading their legs to make a living.
It is for buying the next meal !
For sure, it is not for fun.

While not despising sex workers, i'd rather save my empathy for the millions of hard workers who put on shifts of 10 hrs for 300 B. or less.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Age has no barriers Just check the 83 year olds pulse when you are have sex with her to see if she is still alive Then no pulse recomend  mouth to mouth 

lol lol god what is the world coming to? Retirement age for ladies in aus is 65 ok each to there own  Next time i go visit my dad in nursing home i better watch out for the grannies in there.

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

We are talking about the oldest profession in the world, what have the expats to do with it ?

..Or may i ask, which planet do you come from ?

oh i get its only ex pats that use hookers. Well next time i am down at the Irish pub and see all the married Thai ladies offering there services to Thai men for extra money for home i will pretend they are farang  because i know that thais dont  do that kinda stuff

oh i get its only ex pats that use hookers. Well next time i am down at the Irish pub and see all the married Thai ladies offering there services to Thai men for extra money for home i will pretend they are farang  because i know that thais dont  do that kinda stuff
I have never been to the area in the evenings but from what I have been told by Thai people the street sex scene at night in the Rattanakosin area is mostly Thai customers.

7 hours ago, diehard60 said:

you people cant complain to much because you did this your self. you have advertised sex on multiple sites.

Not sure who you were addressing but count me out.  Managing my memories of a busy social life for my upcoming book is difficult in my advancing years.   But, if you were talking to me, I have to say that I can't remember any 8 year old boys or 83 year old women.  Then maybe you know something about me I don't know.  (Or perhaps don't want to remember.)  555   P.S.  Working Title:  "Memoirs of an ordinary Thai Visa respondent."  Or perhaps  "In my dreams."

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah, the other day i was offer an 83 year old woman who was pregnant and also mentally

impered for 300 baht, of course i have declined, 

I don't know where Thairath brings this silly statistics from, and anyone who's been around

nightlife knows that those numbers are not true...

You are an authority on the subject? How proud you must be!

12 hours ago, diehard60 said:

you people cant complain to much because you did this your self. you have advertised sex on multiple sites.

Who are you speaking to? thaivisa? thaivisa is not complaining, just reposting a story.  smh

12 hours ago, Jools said:

Sometimes, I have to stifle the urge to vomit, when I read items like this. 83 year olds and young boys.  Depravity knows no limit in Bangkok. Thanks, expats. :sad:

This would overwhelmingly be local business , why try to pin the problem on expats . One cannot just embrace the fuzzy aspects of Thai 'culture ' and ignore the less savoury ones.

Foundation reveals lives of Bangkok’s street sex workers

By THE NATION

01e579b0af42b772c834fffc9bf028e7.jpeg

File photo

A HIGH-RANKING female state official based upcountry but seeking money to repay Bt2 million in credit card debts is among the 800 to 1,000 street sex workers in Bangkok’s Koh Rattanakosin area.

About 60 per cent of these people, earning approximately Bt300 to Bt1,000 a day by selling sex, are elderly persons, according to the Issarachon Foundation, which provides assistance to the homeless, especially those with HIV and Aids.

According to foundation social welfare worker Achara Sornwaree, there are about 70,000 destitute people in Thailand. Addressing a press conference in Bangkok on Wednesday, Achara cast a light on the lives of people who do what they have to do to get by and are often forgotten by the rest of society.

Thanks to the Protection Centres for the Destitute in 77 provinces, many people have had opportunities to engage in other work in local communities and no longer forced to wander the streets. However, the centres have been hit by a recent corruption scandal.

Achara cited the statistics gathered from the street people encountered by staff of the centres in 2017.

3035814e22eae2384acffec068adaf01.jpeg

File photo

The number of homeless in Bangkok’s public spaces in 2017 stood at 3,630 persons (2,203 men and 1,427 women), said Achara. They comprised 994 homeless itinerant people, 856 people temporarily sleeping in public spaces, 840 alcoholics, 740 suffering from illness or injury, 529 “independent service workers”, 52 migrant workers and 20 foreign vagabonds. 

Achara said the seven Bangkok districts with the largest number of destitute people were Phra Nakhon (624 people), Bang Sue (304), Chatuchak (252), Pathum Wan (220), Samphanthawong (205), Khlong Toei (153) and Ratchathewee (164). Most Bangkok homeless itinerants were from the Northeast and the North. About 10 were infants born to homeless itinerant parents at Sanam Luang, she said. 

The youngest individual homeless itinerant was 18 years old and the oldest was 93 years old. The oldest died last year and that person’s relatives could not be found.

“Many homeless itinerants and alcoholics, or those who are mental patients, end up dead on the streets,” Achara said.

Many became homeless itinerants because they lost their homes due to various circumstances or had run away due to family problems or other reasons, she said. 

A rising proportion was youths who were in welfare homes and had to move out after turning 18.

Foundation staff hand out free condoms daily to sex workers in Bangkok’s Koh Rattanakosin area. Among female street sex workers, the oldest was 83 years old while the youngest was 12. Among the male street sex workers, the oldest was 46 years old and the youngest eight. 

Many catered to the unique sexual and emotional tastes of customers, including a five-month-pregnant woman whose customers were attracted to her because of her condition. Some with mental health challenges served customers who specifically wanted to have sex with them.

People cited a variety of reasons for taking on prostitution work, including raising money to repay a debt, the insufficiently small allowance given to Thailand’s elderly, loneliness, and a need to feel accepted or to feel alive, Achara said.

Many related specific financial needs, such as the high-ranking female state official who travels from another province to moonlight on the streets of Bangkok, raising funds to repay Bt2 million in credit card debts. Achara also cited lovers who wished to earn extra income or students addicted to games or materialism. 

Some were not selling themselves for money. Instead, they chose prostitution in search of warmth or from a psychological need, such as a military housewife who already had her husband's Bt30,000 monthly pension.

The issue of sex trade is often brushed under the carpet in Thai society, said Achara.

While the country might not choose to legalise prostitution, the majority of which was a consensual exchange between the two parties, she said Thailand needed to provide a zone for sex workers so as to reduce inequality and to reduce cases of sexual violations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30339970

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-02

8 hours ago, agudbuk said:
9 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

I have never been to the area in the evenings but from what I have been told by Thai people the street sex scene at night in the Rattanakosin area is mostly Thai customers.

Look everybody  have  bad things they do but to blame farangs  more or less using prostitution  and not Thais is silly. We are all not saints. Far as i am concerned  we are all equal humans and all we have our faults  good or bad

48 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Dear me, I hope none of these awful Bangkokians move to Pattaya and lower the tone of the place!

Because we all know Jacko 45 after what the Pm said that Pattaya was not a place to come to just for sex after the African leader said go to Pattaya for sex  lol  So you should be safe and they wont be coming lol

No doubt the PM's TV chat  will include comment on this situation together with his request for Thailand to be seen as a family holiday destination and not a resort for naughty ,seedy, sex for sale ,scamming taxi drivers , streets and beaches strewn with rubbish. I still prefer Thailand to Swindon though. 

On 3/1/2018 at 10:57 AM, webfact said:

and the youngest just 8 years old. Charges were 300 - 1000 baht for sex, she said.

Sorry to see people are making jokes in this thread , I am afraid more pedos will flock to Bangkok when they read this. 

Yes focus on the problem and do something about it now.