Danish tourist falls to death from Pattaya condo room

webfact

Danish tourist falls to death from Pattaya condo room

By The Nation

879f3f1d31150c073cb2fd751e5f9077.jpeg

A Danish tourist fell to death from his room on the 34th of a Pattaya condominium on Friday morning, leaving a suicide note in the room.

The tourist was identified as Michael Terkildsen Peter, 52.

2a1da52d3842190ec549d5576a3cd40e.jpeg

He lived in a room on the 34th floor of a 44-floor condo on Pattaya 2 Road in Tambon Nong Plue of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Police said the note found in his room stated that he no longer wanted to live because he had run out of money.

His body was sent for an autopsy at Police Hospital in Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340019

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-02

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Sad 1

no tall buildings in Denmark then ? No money but buys a ticket to LoS and also rents a room then jumps.

That's about 800 to 1,000 Euros worth. Maybe he has left a credit bill hanging........?

There is also the cost of medical services, police, damage to property, embassy staff work....and he could have landed on someone else......well thought out plan.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Should be a place you can go and get an injection rather than condo jumping.

This being thailand they would botch the injection, leaving him with rotting limbs that fall off while he is still alive.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

RIP Too young
Denmark has very high taxes and a very generous welfare system. Shame he could not have returned...

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He could have asked for help at his embassy, Denmark has a great welfare system so even if you run out of money there is help for Danish citizens abroad.
I think this is more a mental condition , someone with a mental illness that should never set his foot in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fair enough, had fun, ran out of money, topped himself. Should be a place you can go and get an injection rather than condo jumping. Ideally not Cambodia
Ridiculous. Just imagine.. Why are you here? " ran out of money" ok then (needle jab)

Next.. Why are you here? "my dog died and I can't go on.. (jab)

Next...

15 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

no tall buildings in Denmark then ? No money but buys a ticket to LoS and also rents a room then jumps.

That's about 800 to 1,000 Euros worth. Maybe he has left a credit bill hanging........?

There is also the cost of medical services, police, damage to property, embassy staff work....and he could have landed on someone else......well thought out plan.

Are you serious?

16 hours ago, JSixpack said:

RIP. So glad he left a note to avoid (I assume) the indignity with which his demise would otherwise have been treated here.

But not the indignity of being scrapped up off the floor it seems into a bucket ! Selfish act - bottle of pills and whiskey would have sufficed !

1 hour ago, jonstarjon said:

You think he's a loser?? I think we all know who the real loser is..

With you there jonstarjon , we don't know his whole story , I had a very good friend in England and with 2 others we went overland to India in '70 ,then a boat to Singapore,arriving Perth Jan.'71, he had a good job in Australia as did I. He had some issues with a lady in England and he hanged himself in Eping Forest after settling his finances and leaving things straight for others.  A lot of people saddened by the event , some coming from Oz for the funeral , NO one called him a loser .

For those that were upset about my comments - like the deceased I don't care - it was stated he was a tourist - so how was he staying in the condo a "long time".

I have personally seen the mess jumpers make twice in Jomtien. it is horrific and on the first occasion I had just walked passed the landing site 15 seconds before. Blurred out press photos do not do the mangled mess justice

Many people have jumped and landed on innocent people below. Damaged cars and property.

Jumping is not "the way to go".

I could suggest dozens of cleaner less hazardous to others methods - but I would be flamed as being callous again...but hey, I can move on. The dead guy can't and maybe some of his relatives will struggle to do so also.

• Like 2