Buriram: So unnecessary as Year 10 student dies on his way to school

webfact

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

At least 70% of Thai's do this,joining a main road with out stopping or looking. There is a very dangerous crossroad near me ,the other day a Thai schoolgirl just went straight through the red light without stopping or looking,have seen more accidents here in 6 years than in my entire life before,lets face it they make two short planks look like a computer when they take to the roads.

This idiot is lucky to be alive after his blind act of lunacy on a roundabout last week which he traversed at a suicidal 60kph with no thought whatsoever for anyone else! :sad:

image.png.0dac6571ae4f2fb994eb3dd605ca0ec1.png

Edited by evadgib

6 hours ago, dyertribe said:

And not once did he check on the state of the kid he killed.  More worried about dusting his pants off and picking up his bike ...

Ever heard of shock?  As the boy had just been crushed by the bus perhaps it was obvious what his condition was?

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

per the video, one of the very first things the offending biker did was pickup his phone from the pavement;

highly suggestive that he was either on the phone or reaching for it; that would fit with the needless,careless wide turn he made when the wide shoulder was available

As per the CCTV, he clearly had both hands on the handlebars and was not on the phone!

Calling someone for assistance would be just as likely a reason when it comes to speculation and nothing was "highly suggestive" that he was on the phone or reaching for it.

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I've met plenty of Thais and I'm 100% positive that they are not all as thick as pigshit, so either you are grossly exaggerating, or you're hanging out with the wrong sort of Thais - maybe the ones that aren't as thick as pigshit picked up on your racist undertones and don't want anything to do with you?

How many would you consider fit to drive safely and proficiently in your homeland...?

Edited by evadgib

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How many are fit to drive in your homeland...?

Are you asking how many would be fit to drive once they had taken the test there?  If so I'd imagine the pass success rates would be similar, assuming you are allowing them to take the test in their own language.

Or are you asking how many Thais would be allowed to drive in the UK straight from the plane?  Anybody with an IDP, I guess.

Conversely, how many foreigners come to Thailand and drive when they cannot drive, especially on the islands?

2 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Anybody with an IDP, I guess.

It was a rhetorical question but I can almost feel an FoI request to UK transport police or DVLA coming on...

RIP to the deceased and condolences to his family.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Ugothai said:

They must charge the family that give motobike th a 10 yo !!!!!

Nor a 10 year old but a 10th year student.  Like a sophomore in high school.

The Thai's have an unlimited right to drive with little or no regulation.  Sort of like gun ownership in the USA.  It is no wonder that the death rate here is the worst in the world!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Side soi boy didn't look,  schoolkid no helmet, schoolkid undertaking on the left side, so much wrong, so easily avoided. RIP.

you forget a few things:

10 y old kid driving a motorcycle ......parents who gave him the skooter.....

school teachers see him come and go on a motor and say nothing???

He drives every day on this dangerous road, in the biginning of the video you can see 

car overtake on the middle section , because other idiots keep driving slow on the right lane ..........

In short : for us al lot went wrong.....

for them ...nothing went wrong ,they do this every day , it is their normal.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

The Thai's have an unlimited right to drive with little or no regulation.  Sort of like gun ownership in the USA.

Well yes but owning a gun is not necessary to go about your everyday life, unless you are a particular kind of farmer, or maybe an executioner.  Driving kind of is necessary, for most people.  Everything in Thailand has little to no regulation, so you can't really single out driving as an anomaly.

2 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Just caused the death of another road user, inspects his bike for damage, then stands their playing with his phone. This is the reaction of a sociopath.

It's the reaction of someone suffering from shock and he probably was able to see the condition of the crushed boy being assisted by others who stopped.  He was not simply playing with his phone he was probably using it as everyone would do in the same situation.

Edited by Just Weird

If 16 he can get a restricted licence to ride 110cc to travel to school. But many things wrong in the video. He was driving without crash helmet, driving on the hard shoulder, driving fast, And too close to other vehicles, Me I would have pull back and allow the mass of vehicles to move along, and give myself space. But in Thailand its go or stop. nothing in between. The biker coming out did so with due care, another Thai situation as they seem to only be able to do one thing at a time when riding,  Turn but cannot brake. How many times have you had a biker pull out when stopping would be better! They would rather keep going even if it meant travel on the dirt? So sad RIP

7 hours ago, dyertribe said:

And not once did he check on the state of the kid he killed.  More worried about dusting his pants off and picking up his bike ...

And his phone. But we see this numerous times every day - bikes pulling out onto a main road without looking. I have no idea how anyone can be so stupid. Just more proof that common sense doesn't exist in Thailand. In over 25 years here I've never seen the slightest sign of it. Quite extraordinary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just more proof that common sense doesn't exist in Thailand. In over 25 years here I've never seen the slightest sign of it. Quite extraordinary.

What's more extraordinary is that a grown man who has presumably been through some sort of educational curriculum is able to label an entire population of over 60 million people as devoid of sense.  And in 25 years, too!

4 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

What's more extraordinary is that a grown man who has presumably been through some sort of educational curriculum is able to label an entire population of over 60 million people as devoid of sense.  And in 25 years, too!

That's not a particularly safe presumption to make, this is Thaivisa.