Hit by an SUV today at low speed (on my bike)

Hal65

13 hours ago, Xaos said:

You waist your time, you will not get anything.

I was knocked by car low speed too in Pattaya few months ago. I ride Ducati, I dropped it and it coused 90 000 damage.

Police come, and there was passerby who said its 100% car fault, copper didn't want to do anything and was saying sort it out between you.

He said if go official way they take Ducati and keep for months as evidence and that.

So it ended up me claiming insurance fix and paying 30 000 excess. And car driver get away with it. Got nothing.

BTW car driver had no driving licence as well. Not even ticket.

Forget about it its ur usual joke. Waist of time.

Ah and copper even was looking how to turn so its my fault, trying to say u should not drive this side bla bla but passerby was tough on him and saying things like what do you not understand I saw everything and it's 100% car fault. Was even saying he will report copper. But hey nah.

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I don't really understand... I never had accident here myself but already assisted a farang friend also just pushed at low speed at a traffic lights intersection. He called his insurance and some guy was here no more than 10 minutes latter :). Among all the thing this guy wrote were informations on the other driver, including car, insurance and license details. The absence of a DL would very certainly have been written in red on his report, and certainly again would have consequences.... (I think)

all depends on the cops.  Over the years I have been involved in two accidents in Thailand (amazingly it's not more) one was my fault. In both cases I was never asked for my license. Police showed up,  helped move our cars and left. No tickets, no questions on what happened, nothing.  Insurance rep shows up never asked for my license and the insurance company paid for everything.  In Thailand most polices cover the car not the driver. You can get a policy to cover only specific divers to save money. 

40 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

40% is the legal limit for at least 15 years.

And it seems from this article that tint on the windscreen is prohibited.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Laws-should-be-more-realistic-effective-30188456.html

Tinting has always been prohibited on windscreens with the exception of the top 100mm in every country in the world, this idiot Pattanadesh Asasappakij has got no idea about what he is talking about, windsceens on modern day vehicles are laminated and adding tint film will do nothing to hold the windscreen together because the laminate film does that. Other countries enforce the laws but Thailand do not and as long as there is no enforcement of the laws the people will just continue to do as they please so effectively there are not road laws or tint laws in Thailand, there may be things written on some paper but no one reads those papers and enforces what is written

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

I recommend you to take a drive in a car with tinted windows in dark hours. You'll be amazed how difficult it is to see bicycles and motorbikes with no lights.

Cheers

Hmm, other than the fact that bikes move, I suspect parked vehicles, trees, buildings and lamp posts can be similar hazards.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Hmm, other than the fact that bikes move, I suspect parked vehicles, trees, buildings and lamp posts can be similar hazards.

Normally trees and buildings not stay in the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well my point was that if the driver cannot see well, but how about parked vehicles?

Yes the tinted films make problems. But even without tintet films it's horrible to see a bike without lights.
Because a bike is moving. Other things like a parked one which is not moving and they normally have reflectors, which also make them easier visible.
When I drive a car in the evening and night I hate all vehicles without lights. I even find a lot of motorbikes and cars who not turn on the light, which makes it really horrible to see them. Especially as they driving not on slow speed.

So let's say I have some kind of anger to people who not turn on lights when they should. Because after the accident they will start to complain that this was not their fault... as we see…..

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, jacko45k said:

Haha,  yes lucky they didn't but also not much chance of it. My Mrs got rear ended on North Rd about that time and we spent an hour and a half with all lights flashing waiting on insurance reps and sorting it with not a cop in sight. Glad of it!

LOL. After my accident I kept telling the onlookers not to call the cops, but they were there within 10 minutes. First thing the <deleted> did was to demand my licence, while I was lying injured on the ground. Didn't even try to see how badly I was injured.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HampiK said:

Yes the tinted films make problems. But even without tintet films it's horrible to see a bike without lights.
Because a bike is moving. Other things like a parked one which is not moving and they normally have reflectors, which also make them easier visible.
When I drive a car in the evening and night I hate all vehicles without lights. I even find a lot of motorbikes and cars who not turn on the light, which makes it really horrible to see them. Especially as they driving not on slow speed.

So let's say I have some kind of anger to people who not turn on lights when they should. Because after the accident they will start to complain that this was not their fault... as we see…..

I totally agree with you ! I hate them also and they deserve to die !

4 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

I totally agree with you ! I hate them also and they deserve to die !

Well I wouldn't go so far, but I sure do see a lot of drivers who seem to have forgotten to turn their lights on.

Must never look at their instruments such is the level of driver attention. Bet the phone gets plenty attention!

• Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 1:04 PM, essox essox said:

seems strange going out at such a late time, or early time whichever way one wants to look at it

In Pattaya? Perfectly normal. Aside from the more obvious possibilities, one completely innocuous reason might be to grab something to eat from the night food market a little further down Pattayatai. 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

When involved in an incident and laypeople start making deportation threats you know they have lost and they are clutching at straws.... the same when they start threatening you with the Police, as if you'll give in through fear... 

Their often flawed assumption is that Thai's will support Thai's... 

A personal example, where a Thai lady crashed into me, accused me of blame, threatened me with the Police.... my response was yes please, call the police, which then took the wind out of her sails. 

• 3 weeks later...